PDA

View Full Version : XP penalties for repeating?

RS-Makk
12-16-2009, 06:57 PM
How does it work for XP penalties for repeating quests?

Junts
12-16-2009, 07:01 PM
You get a bonus for your first time on each difficulty. (25% for solo-hard, 50% for elite). If you have a repetition penalty, it won't be applied on a run where you are getting first-time bonus.

If you have repeated the quest between 1-2 times, you will get no bonus or penalty.

Starting at your 4th time (you have repeated this quest 3 times), you will begin accruing a penalty of 10%, which stacks up to 'extreme repetition' which begins at 12 repetitions and not only penalizes you with -99% exp, but disables all exp bonuses (like conquest) from applying.

Being on your first time on a difficulty will always override the penalties, though, so if you had run something 15 times on normal, and you went in on elite, you would get full exp and a +50% bonus to begin with for elite, despite the massive repetition penalty you had accured.

The penalties never go away.

RS-Makk
12-16-2009, 07:33 PM
Thanks.

And is there any way for me to find out how many tiles I've repeated a quest and at what levels?

Freeman
12-16-2009, 07:35 PM
Thanks.

And is there any way for me to find out how many tiles I've repeated a quest and at what levels?

You can't find the levels, AFAIK, but when you are inside a quest, the XP panel should list the number of times you've repeated the quest.

Alishandra
12-16-2009, 11:12 PM
Does this apply to remorts as well? You turn in your 20 levels for a level one and build her up again? To get the completeionist thing? If I have a -99% penalty to a remort how do you ever level them?

Freeman
12-17-2009, 06:24 PM
Does this apply to remorts as well? You turn in your 20 levels for a level one and build her up again? To get the completeionist thing? If I have a -99% penalty to a remort how do you ever level them?

I think you mean a True Reincarnation.(I have no idea what a remort is) In that case, everything is reset, so no penalties. Otherwise, it would likely be impossible to level them multiple times.

Orry
12-17-2009, 08:44 PM
I think you mean a True Reincarnation.(I have no idea what a remort is) In that case, everything is reset, so no penalties. Otherwise, it would likely be impossible to level them multiple times.

A remort is a generic term for reverting a character to level one, it is abbreviated from re-mortal, back to an above average person from a super-being/god.

Alishandra
12-18-2009, 12:04 AM
Sorry it is a term from my old mud days, to keep people playing you could remort your level 100 fairy mage into a level 1 angel ranger. The angel race is obviously better then the fairy race, but you loose everything you had as a fairy, most muds would let you keep one skill per remort. If you kep it up long enough in your final grind you were utterly godlike.