PDA

View Full Version : ShadowVines Wishlist

SHADOWVINES
12-16-2009, 10:49 AM
PLEASE IF YOU AGREE WITH ANY OF THESE POST A REPLY STATING SO OTHERWISE TURBINE LIKELY WON'T NOTICE OR CARE

I'm honestly majorly disapointed in turbine when it comes to some things. They do an alright job implementing new campaigns and quests, but they have really lacked on adding some just plain standard things to ddo. so heres a list of things that just dont make sense to me.

Artificer: the flagship baseclass of the Eberron world. I mean OMG how can this not exist in an eberron gameworld, its just silly. I can't even come up with a good euphemism to describe how stupid this not being implemented is.

Gnome: again really? what happened a gnome only plague wiped them out? why are there not gnomes. I know, you just hate the little leg biters! well boo hoo IMPLEMENT GNOMES!

Druid: ok this is another, how the hell did this not get implemented. Druids have been around since dnd has been around. You lose a large percentage of people who play DnD just by not offering this class ( those crazy tree hugger kids who want to be one with nature while playing HALO). Wild Shape is not rocket science I AM SURE! that people would be happy with only 3 or 4 options for each wild shape tier and the prestiege enhancements are like premade for this Druids only got like 3 popular prestiege classes (beastmaster, Shapeshifter, and do hierophant or something for a spellcasty focused one)

ok those are my major ***!@ issues there are more but those really friggin bug me.

Armor fix: I got a simple solution for this. Progress the dex and the AC so that all versions of armor = out to the same maximum possible Armor Class so every armor type should end out being a max possible ac of say 10 which is then altered by mithril or whatever material its made of that way people are free to use whatever armor they want and achieve around the same best benefits. also adding the ... druid who can wear no metal would make many of these armors more viable. an example would be making brigadine armor more like slightly more mobile fullplate 7 armor and 2 dex and scale a little lower 6 armor and 3 dex then make splint mail a wood armor but with the same armor/dex ratio anyhow you get the point DO IT~!

Weapon Fix: ok so crossbows SUCK my only suggestion is implement artificers who take advantage of the crossbow. Throwers need serious help either add a line of feats that assist the weapon attack speed or make throwers a dual wieldable weapon(I like the second part but man I see balance issue)my best suggestion for throwers is make them only add half strength not maximum to damage and then make it so you can dual wield them this would also make a dex fighter more sensible it gives them a reason to live(an axe chucking dwarf ... ahh the beuty. ya, thats right i called a dwarf beutiful.)

Crafting: ok I gotta say the whole "crafting" system you got going here is a fing joke. Its not crafting you already knew that, but ya it isnt. so heres what i suggest WHEN you implement Artificer like you should have already you could also implement actual crafting feats. we all know em Staves, Rings,Armor and weapons, Scrolls, Crafting in DDO doesnt have to be any different from pen and paper on this for the most part, I would suggest make the "plans" for these crafted items drop in dungeons around the world.

Animal Companions: ok this is another hard one Rangers are already kinda silly (we all know the devs play rangers) but I really want my animal companion. you can have your improved empathy, your summon natures gimp 1-4 all i ask is you give me a animal companion thats half my hit dice as an enhancement kind of like iron defenders that you can improve on. I will even throw in hide in plain useless.

House: this one is a personal wish list item I want a home that I can buy and go to whether it be a wizard tower I can teleport to with my wizard or a small keep I can go to with my palidin. its really not a hard one to implement make some little purchasable contracts and teleporters in all the main areas and also let someone else enter a name and visit someone elses home. make guild halls that have guild banks and what not. all purchasable in the DDO store! you could have a whole section of items in the ddo store to decorate a house with. come on guys this is a money maker and you know it. if you can't think this stuff up i'll do it for you just let me know! I actually think this is genious http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=217190 a quest that earns you a home and later quests that upgrade the home.

Auction house fix: Ok really no search function or filters for the AH, before it was ok but now there are craploads of people posting stuff we need a searchable AH with filters.

AND FINALLY look ok I get it Atari is a buncha jerks (i mean one of there top titles is My Horse and ME how lame can you be.) but ya know what if there NWN MMO has the stuff i just listed and you dont GUESS WHERE IM GOING get this http://www.courthousenews.com/2009/08/26/Atari.pdf taken care of and get back to making this game the best online DnD experience out there.

Ashurr
12-16-2009, 04:40 PM
Non quoted text in asterisks

I'm honestly majorly disapointed in turbine when it comes to some things. They do an alright job implementing new campaigns and quests, but they have really lacked on adding some just plain standard things to ddo. so heres a list of things that just dont make sense to me.

Artificer: the flagship baseclass of the Eberron world. I mean OMG how can this not exist in an eberron gameworld, its just silly. I can't even come up with a good euphemism to describe how stupid this not being implemented is.

*Well, we all are Artificers..sorta ( yes the crafting system is seriously limited)*

Gnome: again really? what happened a gnome only plague wiped them out? why are there not gnomes. I know, you just hate the little leg biters! well boo hoo IMPLEMENT GNOMES!

* it would be a campaign world inconsistency, as Gnomes do not exist on Eberron*

Druid: ok this is another, how the hell did this not get implemented. Druids have been around since dnd has been around. You lose a large percentage of people who play DnD just by not offering this class ( those crazy tree hugger kids who want to be one with nature while playing HALO). Wild Shape is not rocket science I AM SURE! that people would be happy with only 3 or 4 options for each wild shape tier and the prestiege enhancements are like premade for this Druids only got like 3 popular prestiege classes (beastmaster, Shapeshifter, and do hierophant or something for a spellcasty focused one)

* HEAR HEAR! Druids are integral part of the Eberron world ( Eldeen reaches, etc) And some of the Druids sects on Eberron are FAR from trree hugging hippes*

Daehawk
12-16-2009, 04:44 PM
* it would be a campaign world inconsistency, as Gnomes do not exist on Eberron*

I disagree unless my Eberron PHB is out of date(Probably) but according to it:
Gnome Lands: The gnomes' homeland is Zilargo. known for its stores of knowledge and schools of learning, Zilargo is also a significant trading power on the southern seas. The gnomes of Zilargo are expert shipwrights, and the mountains to the north and east hold fine gem mines.
Dragonmark: The gnome House Sivis carries the Mark of Scribing, which grants magical abilities relation to written word and translations.

SHADOWVINES
12-16-2009, 08:59 PM
It kind of seems like the content i posted as missing fits nicely in two expansion packs.
gnomes artificers and crafting abilities seem to all fit in a perfect little expansion for ddo.
and yes gnomes are definetly in the ebberon world.

Druids, animal companions, and polymorph which i would also like to see also fit in a wonderful expansion.
and wouldnt it be awsome to through in a wilderness based campaign to show off all this new awsomeness.

I really dont think anything I am asking for is very crazy or unbalancing its things that belong in DDO and Everyone I know in ddo or have even mentioned this stuff. has agreed so heres what I suggest
post REPLIES to this forum stating which topics you think you would like to see in ddo.

SHADOWVINES
07-04-2012, 11:18 PM
jesus someone listened to me methinks. Im a bit scared.

Uska
07-04-2012, 11:47 PM
jesus someone listened to me methinks. Im a bit scared.

SUPER necro there and yah they listened to you halfway still need the gnomes and a few other things but at least there are arties and druids