PDA

View Full Version : Multi-classed Ranger Question

FarOutFish
12-15-2009, 05:22 PM
I am multi-classing a Human Ranger. I took the 1st Level as Rogue and 2nd Level as Ranger. I want a total of 18 Levels of Ranger. I plan on taking something other than Ranger at level 3, what would you suggest for a Human? Arcane Caster is out of the question.

STR 15
DEX 15
CON 15
INT 12
WIZ 12
CHA 10

WIZ will be 14 by the time I get spells.

hydra_ex
12-15-2009, 05:23 PM
Either fighter or monk.

FarOutFish
12-15-2009, 05:40 PM
Either fighter or monk.

The choice now is between Fighter or a second level of Rogue for Evasion. I plan on running with light armor so as I understand it Evasion would work.

spifflove
12-15-2009, 05:43 PM
The choice now is between Fighter or a second level of Rogue for Evasion. I plan on running with light armor so as I understand it Evasion would work.

You get evasion anyway.

so
1) monk for increased ac and one feat
2) barbarian for extra speed and boss clicky
3) bard ^^ heh jk
4) fighter exta feat (dont recommend)

cyanpill
12-15-2009, 05:47 PM
You didn't mention your alignment, you need lawfull for monk, or non-lawfull for bard/barb.

Personally, I'd say stick with ranger to atleast 6 for tempest. If you are taking monk for the armor bonus, you will want to wait till you can get good robes.

QuantumFX
12-15-2009, 05:53 PM
If you’re Lawful Good or Lawful Neutral you should take a level of monk.

If you’re not you should go Barbarian or Fighter (If you need a feat)

Monk gives you the ability to ditch armor and maintain a high AC and a free feat.

Barbarian gives you the fast run speed, a +1 Power Attack enhancement, a tier 1 toughness enhancement and a 1:30 long rage.

Fighter gives you a free feat, a the toughness enhancement and some tactics enhancements.

FarOutFish
12-15-2009, 05:54 PM
Thanks everybody. I did not realize I would get evasion. That rules out a second level of Rogue, It looks like Barbarian or Monk. I will have to study the pros and cons of each choice.

moretoth
12-15-2009, 06:25 PM
Thanks everybody. I did not realize I would get evasion. That rules out a second level of Rogue, It looks like Barbarian or Monk. I will have to study the pros and cons of each choice.

Your alignment will make that decision for you.

Talon_Moonshadow
12-16-2009, 08:19 AM
Arcane Caster is out of the question.

:(