PDA

View Full Version : Issues with Broken Alliance?

Killage
12-15-2009, 12:21 PM
I hate to ask this on the forums because not that many people in game actually see this but has anyone had issues with the guild Broken Alliance? I'm not bashing this guild in the least. I just want to see if there have been others with the same issue as me.

I was in a shroud run last night and missed some very top notch loot due to some player induced antics. Right after they disbanded and they reformed with their crew and a couple other pugs from LFG for the Shroud again. When I first joined they were in the process of doing the exact same thing and I overheard them saying don't invite this player that was in their group beforehand.

So I'm just checking to see if others went through this same thing so I can take the appropriate steps.

Thanks for any input you can supply.
Have a great day!

Battleworm
12-15-2009, 12:44 PM
Mostly good guild,I have had only one bad encounter,a sorc with a common Class name,he was quite the handful but other than that,very solid players and good to be around.

der_kluge
12-15-2009, 01:43 PM
None here. Seems like I was in a PUG with someone from Broken Alliance just the other day.

I used to have problems with certain people in Knights of the Old Republic. Seems like those guys were bad zergers. But I'm not sure I've seen any of them in a while.

But I'm not sure it's fair to label an entire guild just for the actions of a single individual...

NameisToad
12-15-2009, 04:09 PM
I used to be in Broken Alliance.

Note the 'used to be'.

Arnya
12-15-2009, 04:15 PM
Are you the guy that clicked the DD and missed the large scale?

If so, that was a pure accident, I'm sure.

Although its never smart to cast DD on the chest side of the part 4 altar, the DD was up for some time before it was clicked.

I have run with a few BA that are arrogant but I don't care cos so am I :)

Oh, and the reason we didn't want the cleric back is that he was AFK for so long two players dropped group and the cleric got the star. He was still AFK 10 mins later so we just broke group and reformed, and didn't want the same problem - one player holding 11 others up...

Please also be aware that at shroud level and higher, most decent players have a healthy DNG list and aren't afraid to call out bad players to others they think will benefit from the knowledge BEFORE things go pear shaped ;)

tunabomber
12-15-2009, 05:33 PM
I used to be in knights of the old republic and didnt stay long,they just didnt seem to care for newer people of the game. as for broken alliance I havent played with many of their members so cant honestly say anything bad about the guys in their guild.

Tokester
12-16-2009, 06:17 AM
I've had only good experiences grouping with Broken Alliance members. I seem to run into them a lot in pugs and Shroud raids. It's only normal to be a bit selective about who to bring along in your groups. If I know someone's not gonna pull his/her weight or be an ass, I'm not gonna invite him either.

Dex
12-16-2009, 10:02 AM
I wasn't in this group, so I cannot comment on the exact situation.

I will say this, for the most part, we do not take the game over seriously, but we do take our play seriously, especially in high level content. If someone, especially a cleric, was left behind for the next run, it was not without reason. Normally we would communicate this directly to that player and not broadcast it.

We have grown pretty large, and so we have a wide diversity of players from Beta, headstart, VIP to new low level free to play players, not to mention some recent guild merges with wolfpack and the like. Generally we will invite someone who has run with us and shown to be a good player, or at least the ability to listen to reason and contribute to the team effort to the best of their abilities. If after time a player has shown some of the more negative qualities (consistently) in their play, we can, have and will boot them. Generally though we try to educate, arm and encourage good/smart game play for the betterment of all.

That being said, any perceived arrogance could well be misconstrued from our sometimes frank talk about players and their play, including our own. You need a little bit of a thick skin sometimes to run with us, but it is all in the interest of getting the most out of the game. Certainly this may not be for all players, nuff said.

I invite anyone who feel they have a gripe, or a compliment, to visit our guild website and post in the general forum.

http://www.broken-alliance.com

I do not speak for the entire guild, however I will bring this thread to the attention of the guild, and our leader, Bloodfaith Soulhealer.

IMHO the OP has a valid question, and I appreciate the open discussion and the lack of rancor that sometimes goes off the deep end on threads like this.

Dex
Officer - Broken-Alliance (Cannith and Ghallanda)

****, did I just fall in the lava while typing this? D'oh!

Battleworm
12-16-2009, 10:14 AM
Varr for president!

dj.kickz
12-16-2009, 10:17 AM
When I first joined they were in the process of doing the exact same thing and I overheard them saying don't invite this player that was in their group beforehand.

i hear this dizzy guys is a real ****** about inviting noobs to raids. dont group with him.

on topic flawless gave me the clap, true story.

dj.kickz
12-16-2009, 10:18 AM
Varr for president!

less posting, more xp for dizzy.

Bloodfaith
12-16-2009, 10:37 AM
Hello I am the guild leader of Broken Alliance (http://www.broken-alliance.com). I don't know first hand what happened, to cause you to miss your loot. I am sorry to hear you may have clicked on a dimension door. While casting spells we all know targeting system is broke. Dimension door will summon on your current target no matter what it is. I have personally cast dimension door and accidently had something targeted I had not planned. It happens unfortunately. We all need to be careful what we click on to prevent things like this from happening. As well as be aware of the location of dimension doors while looting. Try to use the "next intractable target" and "use" keys to prevent clicking on the wrong thing in game.

Also to address your issue with not inviting specific people to a group. There are a lot of people who disrupt game play by arguing, or talking over group/raid leaders. Making it difficult to communicate tactics and/or strategies with people who don't normally group together. As well as there are many people who just don't listen to group/raid leaders. Causing confusion and chaos in the group/raid. We try to have fun in our groups. Why would anyone bring someone, into a group. That may take that fun away?

Our guild may be a little "elitist" at times, even a bit "noobish". But there are many different people, and different opinions within our guild. We are proud of that fact. Our doors open to every one, we try to help when ever we can. Some people go out of their way to ruin the game for other players. Others unintentionally cause problems, or make mistakes. We try to help those who do not know, and weed out those who just don't care.

I hope this explains some things. If you have any further questions or problems please feel free to contact me via our website. Or contact me directly at guildleader@broken-alliance.com.

Thanks,
Bloodfaith

Killage
12-16-2009, 12:46 PM
Cool. Thanks for the feedback guys.

Yes I WAS the guy who clicked on the DD on the chest. >< Something I'll have to keep my eyes open for for future runs with anyone. lol. I was cleaning out inv space and when I went to click on the chest I honestly didn't even see the DD.

I've ran with members of BA a few times and enjoyed them very much. Some have even made my friends list. It was just a little odd, that putting all these small things together could give someone the impression that my group may be in the business of stealing loot in this sort of fashion. But being a noob myself I don't even know if it would be possible to loot an item that was linked to someone that left group.

I hope anyone reading these posts don't think I'm trying to bad mouth this guild. I just wanted some feedback to ease my pain from loosing some high end loot due to me being a n00b, I guess.

Sorry for any headaches this may have caused and thank you all for the great feedback.

Varr
12-16-2009, 01:45 PM
I'm in BA but have been semi isolated in my leveling spree so believe I can comment about as neutraly as is possible.

We have gone thru a very fast growth spurt (I was one of the added) and as with anyguild but even moreso on a newer server.......open fast recruitment will add diversity (and a share of undesireables) to a guild.

No guild closing on max capasity can be quality and of a likemind from top to bottom. The leader and officers seem engaged though and that will likely offer some culling and stability going forward. I have been unengaged as I have been selfishly focused on my Varrs growth spending little time on the social side......but overall for a massive new guild, the top seems strong and that will clean up the inevidable bottom.

That assessment is totally ndependant of the parties being discussed since I was not there nor privy to guild chat during that time frame of the raid.

Battleworm
12-16-2009, 02:00 PM
I'm in BA but have been semi isolated in my leveling spree so believe I can comment about as neutraly as is possible.

We have gone thru a very fast growth spurt (I was one of the added) and as with anyguild but even moreso on a newer server.......open fast recruitment will add diversity (and a share of undesireables) to a guild.

No guild closing on max capasity can be quality and of a likemind from top to bottom. The leader and officers seem engaged though and that will likely offer some culling and stability going forward. I have been unengaged as I have been selfishly focused on my Varrs growth spending little time on the social side......but overall for a massive new guild, the top seems strong and that will clean up the inevidable bottom.

That assessment is totally ndependant of the parties being discussed since I was not there nor privy to guild chat during that time frame of the raid.

Would you run for president tho?hahaha!~

Varr
12-16-2009, 02:08 PM
I'm to self serving at the moment......heck, I can hardly stand to run dead casters to shrines in their own taps runs. I did try to favor you up though, I'm on 24 hour favor hold atm my friend. One more level till shroud/hound/vod loops begin......

Battleworm
12-16-2009, 02:13 PM
I'm to self serving at the moment......heck, I can hardly stand to run dead casters to shrines in their own taps runs. I did try to favor you up though, I'm on 24 hour favor hold atm my friend. One more level till shroud/hound/vod loops begin......

lol I hear you.If you want a challenge come play here Is the new slogan (thanks to Maetrim XD ) I'll be on tonight,have 2 shrouds to run and more if you feel like it.later!

Vua
12-16-2009, 06:00 PM

No kidding you went on a leveling spree. I added you to my friends list the other day to check something and it says you're level 34.

Arcane2win
12-19-2009, 12:41 PM
Sorry about the Ddoor,

the person who put it out was trying to cast a Greater Teleport and accidentally put down a Ddoor about 3-6 feet away from the chest.

This is something that we do not do, or practice, and as some one who cares about the reputation of the guild, please feel free to PM Arcane, Jhanael, or Vez ingame and i will make sure we get you our shroud schedule to make sure we get you in on some good runs.

As far as taking certain players, yes we do not accept every one in our parties or our guild. In the past to explain we have had people mess with puzzles laugh, continue to, then berate members of our guild and expect to be let back in. Every one keeps tabs, but it is up to the certain member of B-A to do this, as it is not manditory.

so in essance, whoever has the star... decides and uses his best judgment to make the best party possible.

like i said, send a pm to me ingame and we will make sure you get in on some good runs.

bring your "a" game though :)

knightgf
01-03-2010, 07:37 PM
Alright, I wont list any guild names for your sake, and maybe you'll simply shrug this off or whatever, but I will say this:

I have had bad experiences with your guild. Bad enough to cause permanent damage. But either way, some of your guildmates seem to enjoy harassing me. One in particular is a human favored soul, another is a warforged wizard, and a third person seems to speak in different coded letters, to which I know the character is insulting me behind these characters. In particular, the human favored soul has a infamous record of treating all people with negative reactions. These 3 have ruined the whole barrel in your guild, and sorry to say, but I no longer will be friendly nor hostile to your guild anymore, for my sake and the code of conduct's sake. Unfortunately, we are under a squelch limit of 100, so I am unable to squelch your entire roster list.

I will never group with anyone in your guild, knowingly trade, befriend, exc. because of these bad experiences. I know maybe people think I go too far with what I have to say to your guild in Cannith, but I do this to defend myself. Period. Sure, maybe some of your guildmates are 'good', and I understand your guild is eclectic, but sometimes, all it takes is a few rotten apples to ruin the bunch. And in this case, that's all it took.

That is all I have to say.

Varr
01-03-2010, 07:47 PM
Seems a bit soft to get frisky about a squelch list when not willing to post your alts to avoid. I'm not one of the three being mentioned and am not currently in BA due to a resonable internet roster requirement I chose not to comply with, but well within the rights of the guild leader.

I think someone talking in jibberish and assuming it is about you and the worst is also a bit silly...........I always read

msodfi aosdfij Varr asodfu afo adsofu aof iasd

As wow that Varr is a super cool hero I would like to emulate his characters, his playstyle, and his life. Varr is all that I could hope to be.

Do that and things go easier, if someone wants to insult you, they will normally pick a language you can understand.

knightgf
01-03-2010, 08:37 PM
msodfi aosdfij Varr asodfu afo adsofu aof iasd

The gibberish wasn't like what you described. Heck, if it was that gibberish, I would have said one of them was spamming me. It was using some sort of weird characters that was not in the english format. Probably arab, maybe character mapping, but after sending him tells regarding my harassment, thats all he would do.

Oh, and more thing I forgot: The warforged participates in griefing players at the Wayward Lobster, not by killing low levels, of course(Anything goes in PvP, well almost anything), but by holding them in place whist giving negative levels and turning to stone. Sometimes he has a friend, not associated with the guild, help alongside him. I warned his friend what would happen next time he did it, and I think he got the picture, since the player was killed shortly after I warned them. They're lucky customer service is slow or else Turbine probably would have settled the matter with them much more harshly...

dj.kickz
01-03-2010, 10:17 PM
The gibberish wasn't like what you described. Heck, if it was that gibberish, I would have said one of them was spamming me. It was using some sort of weird characters that was not in the english format. Probably arab, maybe character mapping, but after sending him tells regarding my harassment, thats all he would do.

Oh, and more thing I forgot: The warforged participates in griefing players at the Wayward Lobster, not by killing low levels, of course(Anything goes in PvP, well almost anything), but by holding them in place whist giving negative levels and turning to stone. Sometimes he has a friend, not associated with the guild, help alongside him. I warned his friend what would happen next time he did it, and I think he got the picture, since the player was killed shortly after I warned them. They're lucky customer service is slow or else Turbine probably would have settled the matter with them much more harshly...

is that against the rules? cuz man that sounds pretty fun.

MurphyDD
01-04-2010, 03:44 AM
Alright, I wont list any guild names for your sake, and maybe you'll simply shrug this off or whatever, but I will say this:

I have had bad experiences with your guild. Bad enough to cause permanent damage. But either way, some of your guildmates seem to enjoy harassing me. One in particular is a human favored soul, another is a warforged wizard, and a third person seems to speak in different coded letters, to which I know the character is insulting me behind these characters. In particular, the human favored soul has a infamous record of treating all people with negative reactions. These 3 have ruined the whole barrel in your guild, and sorry to say, but I no longer will be friendly nor hostile to your guild anymore, for my sake and the code of conduct's sake. Unfortunately, we are under a squelch limit of 100, so I am unable to squelch your entire roster list.

I will never group with anyone in your guild, knowingly trade, befriend, exc. because of these bad experiences. I know maybe people think I go too far with what I have to say to your guild in Cannith, but I do this to defend myself. Period. Sure, maybe some of your guildmates are 'good', and I understand your guild is eclectic, but sometimes, all it takes is a few rotten apples to ruin the bunch. And in this case, that's all it took.

I've seen you in the brawling area griefing lowbies by imploding them over and over when they're trying to fight amongst themselves. I've heard of lowbies asking people to go kill you cause you grief them. So why are you whining about somebody killing you that's 1 level higher then you?

Bloodfaith
01-04-2010, 03:53 AM

If you don't like what happens in pvp... Don't pvp. Pretty simple. I have no pitty on anyone who goes into the arena and whines, about getting killed or stoned ect. Pvp is a free for all arena. Any thing that happens to you there is fair game. Enter at your own risk. No one forces you to take part in it. Besides you seem to like killing people 15 levels lower than you are. So don't complain when someone kills you.

dr000d
01-04-2010, 10:25 AM
Are you sure there wasn't a Warforged Barb with a big green hammer greifing you too? Man, I gotta step up my PVP time... not even an honorable mention from ya.

Xwizzy
01-04-2010, 12:02 PM

Hmmm, must be Takim and must be talking about the arena. If its not Takim I would have to say all in all the arena is indeed a "Free for all" however if the only way your getting kills is to drop down and attack someone when they are already fighting someone else, EXPECT to become a target.
Most that go to the arena go to play, have fun, test thier skills against other players and atleast be able to fight back against an agressor however if your a player that only drops down to plink/nuke/trip...etc then runs away (ie. Drop down nuke jump up) Expect that people will be waiting for you when you drop down next. I know I would, I would expect it and yes indeed I would definitely laugh at it.

Though if you are taking any actions in the arena at ALL seriously then perhaps its best that you stay away from them.

From Xwizzy as mentioned in the above post!

Xwizzy
01-04-2010, 03:13 PM

Takim...ooo Takim?

Well, last I checked there were no rules in PVP. I would invite a reprimand from DDO as I have had several of these things happen to me. However as I said, there are no rules in PVP. It is not like I go out of my way to kill you when you are there, but if you cast on me or spam me with tells telling me how my account will be revoked, expect retribution for idle threats. For me, its very simple you drop down cast spells on me when I am othersie engaged and poof when you get hit back you start saying it isn't fair.

I do however appreciate that you point out that I do NOT do this to low level players, have you never asked yourself why that would be? To start with Takim, its the arena, anything goes there, but think on this a delevel spell in the one place the icon tells you to go to regenerate levels faster. (Highlight the icon sometime)As well, I would also like to point out that it happens very little to anyone else other than people that feel the need to ONLY drop into the pit to attack me when I am previously engaged. The few other people I have done this to are almost all on my friends list now, and if they arent, we are very friendly with each other and still scrap a time or two in the pit but they understand my feelings on being jumped from behind which is listed below.

Would it perhaps be more fair if the entire guild just left you alone while you cast spells on them and we just ignore you, or perhaps you would prefer us all to make low level alts and bring them straight from Korthos at level 1 so you can kill them? Would this be acceptable? Would this make you feel your character is better than it actually is?

One of the ways I got into the guild I am in is from PVP I had my arse handed to me time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time again. Instead of getting mad I improved my character and kept improving my character to what he is now.

Really Takim there are two ways to look at a PVP arena area, one is simply that you are a master of all and that no one should be able to attack you for fear of dieing. (This is obviously the way you see it since this is the route you chose) Secondly: Is simply to use it as a means to improve your character PVP or otherwise, which means that losing or having things happen to you provide you with insight on valuable changes you could make to your character. (Which IMHO is what you should be using it for instead of killing all low levels for your enjoyment)

So Takim, it would seem you are one of a kind in the arena smashing low level characters then complaining when something happens to you. If ever you want to compete with me in the arena and have it one on one, I welcome that, I am sure I could learn something from you and you could learn something from me. However if it is your desire to drop down and hit me from behind expect more of the same.

Sincerely
Xwizzy

Vua
01-04-2010, 04:58 PM
As long as you are killing people in the arena everything is fine regardless of how cheap your tactics are. If you flesh to stone someone, hit them with enervate and leave them there, you are griefing. If someone reports you, you are going to get reprimanded. You guys may want it to be anything goes, but it's not quite.

VxCalais
01-05-2010, 05:28 AM
... you all know it! Come Duo VoD with me! (Oh wait the whole Recco thing right!)

In all seriousness,

Goes like this ... <had issues> ... <told the Guild Leader> ... <he spoke to the people> ... issue resolved (to the best of my knowledge).

Bashing a Guild like this on the Open Forums is not only against the EULA as far as I can tell (would it not be constituted as Trolling?) but downright rude and childish.

My suggestion is, in the future, if you have an issue with someone/some people then speak to them first. If that achieves nothing then contact the Guild Leader. Otherwise that's what the Help System is for, reporting is very easy as you seem to have mentioned, excluding the fact it takes some time.

Now many of the BA crew may read this and think Holy Cow Money is defending us!?! Well no I'm not per se. I am defending a persons right to respond to accusations before they become public, which is exactly what I perceive to have happened here.

So to the newer players of Cannith I say listen to those around you with the knowledge and soak soak soak till you can soak no more. Their way may not be the only way, but I can guarantee it will work if you listen and follow. Till such a day you lead and can run anyway you like.

Oh and the answer to your Riddle: Well that's easy, 'Money's DNG List'

Money

Maetrim
01-05-2010, 07:02 AM
Well that's easy, 'Money's DNG List'
I so want to be a member!

Aranticus
01-05-2010, 07:54 AM
Well, last I checked there were no rules in PVP

in pvp, you cannot hold/stone another player and leave him in that state for some time. this is considered griefing and it is a bannable offense

markusthelion
01-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Just like to say that I've grouped with BA a multitude of times and I can't say anything but good things about this guild. Yeah, they may be greater players and kind of "eliteist" sometimes but they're that way because they can be (they're that good). Everything I've ran with them has been smooth and a lot of fun, sure their may be a bad apple here and there but that happens with everyone. Don't let a few bad apples ruin the bunch, I say keep grouping with them and you'll learn quite a bit about the game and also have fun.

~Grux

dj.kickz
01-05-2010, 03:15 PM
I so want to be a member!

i have quite literally done everything i can think of to get on this list and still fell short.

dr000d
01-06-2010, 10:03 AM
in pvp, you cannot hold/stone another player and leave him in that state for some time. this is considered griefing and it is a bannable offense

Thank you oh wise and powerful GM... oh wait, you're not a GM, you're just another CUSTOMER - just like me.

If you or anyone else thinks what anyone is doing in the brawling area is griefing then feel free to submit a harassment ticket. I have had over 9000 people tell me they're going to submit at least eleventy gajillion harassment tickets for doing something that's "unfair" in the brawling area. Care to take a guess on how many times a GM has asked me to stop doing something to someone else in the brawling area? I'll give you a hint... it's a number that shaped like a big goose egg.

Seriously, anyone whining about the brawling area needs to count their blessings they're playing DDO. Go play any other mmo (might I suggest Eve :) ) for a while, then come back and whine at me about griefing, PVP, and all the awesome gear that you lost cause you got ganked. The most you're out in DDO is a couple hundred gold for a tavern food, and a couple minutes of time.

Vua
01-06-2010, 05:51 PM
Thank you oh wise and powerful GM... oh wait, you're not a GM, you're just another CUSTOMER - just like me.

If you or anyone else thinks what anyone is doing in the brawling area is griefing then feel free to submit a harassment ticket. I have had over 9000 people tell me they're going to submit at least eleventy gajillion harassment tickets for doing something that's "unfair" in the brawling area. Care to take a guess on how many times a GM has asked me to stop doing something to someone else in the brawling area? I'll give you a hint... it's a number that shaped like a big goose egg.

Seriously, anyone whining about the brawling area needs to count their blessings they're playing DDO. Go play any other mmo (might I suggest Eve :) ) for a while, then come back and whine at me about griefing, PVP, and all the awesome gear that you lost cause you got ganked. The most you're out in DDO is a couple hundred gold for a tavern food, and a couple minutes of time.

The people here aren't making it up. Using Flesh to Stone on someone and then hitting them with curse and neg levels and never killing them is considered griefing. Maybe 9,000 people didn't send in their eleventy gajillion harassment tickets, but if you want to test it out, just let me know. I'll report you if you want.

Tefeul
01-12-2010, 06:47 AM
I honestly haven't grouped with much of Broken Alliance with the exception of Xwizzy, and I have to say that I like the guy. As for the general actions of the rest of the guild, well I wont go into details but I will say this, I would avoid them on general principle. I've had nothing but problems, and it appears that most have nothing better to do than try their best to aggrivate and annoy.

VxCalais
01-12-2010, 09:56 AM
I tell you what guys, if I ever got neg lvl'd stoned and what not, and was left to stay there.

Instead of getting my knickers in a knot, I'd /death and go back better prepared.

Stop whining, start making toons that HAVE saves, and dont PvP if you have issues with others methods of KILLING YOU IN OPEN WARFARE!!!

Money

ChronicJay
01-12-2010, 11:08 AM
Can't take the necro bus while in the arena.

Bloodfaith
01-14-2010, 02:15 AM
I honestly haven't grouped with much of Broken Alliance with the exception of Xwizzy, and I have to say that I like the guy. As for the general actions of the rest of the guild, well I wont go into details but I will say this, I would avoid them on general principle. I've had nothing but problems, and it appears that most have nothing better to do than try their best to aggrivate and annoy.

To: Docteh, Guild Leader of Motley Crue
You must have forgotten how this all started. If I recall you and your guild mates, would grief anyone who stepped into the arena. Mostly any one lower level than the mob of Motley Crew at the arena. Entering the arena with 4+ members and jump on any lowbie you could find. Well this only aggravated the whole situation. Broken Alliance saw this and began Owning your guild on a regular basis. All of a sudden you try to act innocent and make us to be the bad guy. I have many chat logs from you and your members. Most filled with extreme profanity so I will not post them here. Filling general chat and private tells does not encourage anyone to actually leave you alone. Like I have told you and your guild. Don't go looking for trouble and complain when you find it. If you don't like how things turned out when you bring it on yourself. Well you only have yourself to blame.

This all started as just plain PVP fun. Until you guys took it to the level of. Slandering Broken Alliance and it members. Grieving lowbies and attempting to use guerrilla warfare by only jumping down for a second from the safe zone. Attack one lowbie and retreat to the safe zone immediately. PVP is for learning your weakness and strength on your character. Improving those when needed. Learning new tactics and play styles to better you as a DDO gamer.

Thanks for your time.

Uska
01-14-2010, 03:07 AM
Are you the guy that clicked the DD and missed the large scale?

If so, that was a pure accident, I'm sure.

Although its never smart to cast DD on the chest side of the part 4 altar, the DD was up for some time before it was clicked.

I have run with a few BA that are arrogant but I don't care cos so am I :)

Oh, and the reason we didn't want the cleric back is that he was AFK for so long two players dropped group and the cleric got the star. He was still AFK 10 mins later so we just broke group and reformed, and didn't want the same problem - one player holding 11 others up...

Please also be aware that at shroud level and higher, most decent players have a healthy DNG list and aren't afraid to call out bad players to others they think will benefit from the knowledge BEFORE things go pear shaped ;)

bummer

Uska
01-14-2010, 03:14 AM

killing people in the brawling area anyway you want is fine but you go ahead and stone someone or keep them there unable to do anything else and I promise you will be banned and I would say good ridance. Anyway you want to kill people is fair and nothing will be done but the other is griefing and do it at your own risk.

dj.kickz
01-15-2010, 01:02 AM
i hear those broken alliance guys don't speak english. true story.

Noonie
01-15-2010, 11:17 AM
I don't PvP that much in DDO, so I can't comment on what goes on in the Lobster. The couple times I have ventured in there have been, for the most part, pleasant & fun. Sure, you always have some examples of unsportsmanlike conduct, but that is the nature of the beast anytime you expose yourself to a Free-For-All PvP environment. It is still much less painful than other games I've PvP'd in. (Eve-Darkfall-AC Darktide)

I have to say though, that on the whole, I love my guild! Broken Alliance has many good traits.

Most of the members are very friendly. many players will go well out of their way to help other people out (members and nonmembers alike), wether that would be to offer advice, monetary assistance, or to help farm a beneficial item or two, these guys don't mind helping people out.

Broken Alliance is organized. While taking advantage of the guild website, and ventrillo server, it is never hard to find something to do. I can always count on getting my raid comletions done every week. And there is always some some side quests that people might need. Sure, we may have done it a bunch of times, but that other guildie might not have, or might need that mana bauble still.

We are knowledgeable. Because we have such a strong cohesiveness, and because were so helpful to each other, most of our players have become very knowledgeable about the game. When you're out in the PUG lands, and a character with a Broken Alliance tag joins your party, odds are that, that player will know whats going on & what is needed on quests. And usually, if you ask, that player will be willing to teach EVERYONE in the party what they need to know to complete an adventure.

In closing, because of the cohesive, friendly, and knowledgeable people that make up the majority of the guild roster, I would have to say that Broken Alliance is the best guild on Cannith. It is, and will continue to be my home for as long as these D-bags will have me. (evil grin)

Bloodfaith
01-16-2010, 05:44 AM
I don't PvP that much in DDO, so I can't comment on what goes on in the Lobster. The couple times I have ventured in there have been, for the most part, pleasant & fun. Sure, you always have some examples of unsportsmanlike conduct, but that is the nature of the beast anytime you expose yourself to a Free-For-All PvP environment. It is still much less painful than other games I've PvP'd in. (Eve-Darkfall-AC Darktide)

I have to say though, that on the whole, I love my guild! Broken Alliance has many good traits.

Most of the members are very friendly. many players will go well out of their way to help other people out (members and nonmembers alike), wether that would be to offer advice, monetary assistance, or to help farm a beneficial item or two, these guys don't mind helping people out.

Broken Alliance is organized. While taking advantage of the guild website, and ventrillo server, it is never hard to find something to do. I can always count on getting my raid comletions done every week. And there is always some some side quests that people might need. Sure, we may have done it a bunch of times, but that other guildie might not have, or might need that mana bauble still.

We are knowledgeable. Because we have such a strong cohesiveness, and because were so helpful to each other, most of our players have become very knowledgeable about the game. When you're out in the PUG lands, and a character with a Broken Alliance tag joins your party, odds are that, that player will know whats going on & what is needed on quests. And usually, if you ask, that player will be willing to teach EVERYONE in the party what they need to know to complete an adventure.

In closing, because of the cohesive, friendly, and knowledgeable people that make up the majority of the guild roster, I would have to say that Broken Alliance is the best guild on Cannith. It is, and will continue to be my home for as long as these D-bags will have me. (evil grin)

Who the hell guild invited him.... /guild remove Fenik

Asymetric_War
01-20-2010, 07:07 PM
I can't speak for anyone else, but when Gods & Heroes is raiding and i need to fill a spot I first go to my friends list and if I can't fill from there I'll give preference to Broken Alliance when I start getting join requests. Why? Because I know that 95+% of the time if someone has that tag next to their name they'll probably know what they're doing.

That's not always the case of course - just last night I had a sorc from BA who was a complete idiot in a shroud farming pug I was running. Fortunately that's the exception rather then the rule.

BracchusBridgeburner
01-22-2010, 09:40 PM
hmmm good to know stuff here. when I saw "need a thick skin, BUT..." and "can be elitist, BUT..." both admitted on the first page of thread, that didn't just ring an alarm bell, it sounded an air strike warning klaxon! Gaming online since the mid 90's has taught me how to read between the lines very well though. If you can't simply be nice to people on a regular basis, well there's really no excuse at all so you may as well not bother making any. Guilds who are arrogant enough to excuse bad behaviour because they consider themselves 'leet' tend to create the negative atmosphere I deliberately left other more mainstream MMO's to get away from.

dj.kickz
01-23-2010, 01:20 AM
hmmm good to know stuff here. when I saw "need a thick skin, BUT..." and "can be elitist, BUT..." both admitted on the first page of thread, that didn't just ring an alarm bell, it sounded an air strike warning klaxon! Gaming online since the mid 90's has taught me how to read between the lines very well though. If you can't simply be nice to people on a regular basis, well there's really no excuse at all so you may as well not bother making any. Guilds who are arrogant enough to excuse bad behaviour because they consider themselves 'leet' tend to create the negative atmosphere I deliberately left other more mainstream MMO's to get away from.

be sure to stay away from dizzy too.

BracchusBridgeburner
01-23-2010, 04:24 AM
Your post is a perfect example of "haha we're rude but we think it's funny and cool", thank you for assisting me by illustrating my point. I expected little less from someone who's name has "kickz" in it. Kinda says it all.

dj.kickz
01-23-2010, 05:46 AM
Your post is a perfect example of "haha we're rude but we think it's funny and cool", thank you for assisting me by illustrating my point. I expected little less from someone who's name has "kickz" in it. Kinda says it all.

im not in broken alliance, i never have been.

Your post is a perfect example of why i would like to encourage you not to join my lfm's. Thank you for illustrating my point, but then again i expect little less from someone who's name has "bridge burner" in it. kinda says it all.

twix
01-23-2010, 06:10 AM
I tell you what guys, if I ever got neg lvl'd stoned and what not, and was left to stay there.

Instead of getting my knickers in a knot, I'd /death and go back better prepared.

Stop whining, start making toons that HAVE saves, and dont PvP if you have issues with others methods of KILLING YOU IN OPEN WARFARE!!!

Money

Good luck /deathing in an area where you cant slash death.Hence the reason it is considered griefing.If someone is spamming spells such as power word blind or stun or whatever else they can spam of that nature it is disrupting someone elses gameplay.This is actually considered harrasment i believe.If you cant move or leave the arena on your own because someone wont let you move more then two feet before they spam you with hold type spells This is a serious detrement to someone else playing this game.

As for broken alliance i only have one toon on cannith but i come from argo from a fairly large list of very elite top end guilds.Ive met a few ba members that are fun and very top notch.Ive also joined a group or two where the leader went on a rant about how if you dont listen to him he will ban you from all broken alliance groups like this would be something bad? This wasnt directed at me but it was just shocking how full of themselves this person could be to think that if they banned someone from ba groups that it would affect their gameplay in the least bit.

I was actually laughing really hard on how serious these select few ba members were.It was pretty entertaining but at the same time very sickening too.Would i group with broken alliance? Sure why not.these situations make this game very enjoyable for me.I find it funny when someone is having a brain aneurism over a video game.Its so funny to hear someone scream over the mic at the top of their lungs for no reason.I actually wish i recorded it so when i feel down i could listen to it and it would perk me right up :)

BracchusBridgeburner
01-28-2010, 08:31 PM
im not in broken alliance, i never have been.

Your post is a perfect example of why i would like to encourage you not to join my lfm's. Thank you for illustrating my point, but then again i expect little less from someone who's name has "bridge burner" in it. kinda says it all.

I made that mistake once. It was a poorly run fail fest on a scale I've only seen in nightmare pugs, so I certainly won't need any encouragement to repeat that mistake. But thanks for trying! :)

dj.kickz
01-28-2010, 08:53 PM

dj.kickz
01-28-2010, 08:53 PM

BracchusBridgeburner
01-29-2010, 09:05 AM
aw just kidding, I've never run with you, but I couldn't resist :D