PDA

View Full Version : Help with guest passes

Morningfrost
12-15-2009, 02:38 AM
Hello,

yesterday I have done Delera's Tomb with a PuG. I wanted to handle a guest pass to a free player so I bought it, first time, on the DDO store. I have the receipt but I can't see any particular item in my inventory.

Nobody in the party had ever used guest passes, so we were helpless. Noob as I am, I have bought another pass to double check the thing, but nothing deliered yet.

So my question: is there any particular procedure to follow? I have checked my friend list in the social panel (maybe some options there!), but no clue.

Now I feel like I've wasted 240 TP, but still wish to find an answer.

By the way, I wasn't able to complete Delera: my usual mess after part 3 was even worse, no way to bluff the nasty gentleman or to bribe him, no matter how I tried. XP, but no reward. Maybe some server issue?

Side note: whoever wrote the Delera's last chapter advancement background deserves my hate :)

tihocan
12-15-2009, 08:59 AM
Unfortunately I have never used a guest pass so I'm not sure how it works.

About Delera's quest chain: the quest log should tell you who would be the next person to speak to (like contact: X).

theweehours
12-15-2009, 09:05 AM
The Guest Pass should populate in your inventory(sorry, don't remember the icon). Then you can target the player and click on the pack to activate it.

cdbd3rd
12-15-2009, 09:09 AM
The Guest Pass should populate in your inventory(sorry, don't remember the icon). Then you can target the player and click on the pack to activate it.

I can't describe the icon either, but it is supposed to show up in your pack.

I bought one just to see what I could do with it. Can't mail it. :rolleyes:

Morningfrost
12-15-2009, 11:59 AM

Ok, I have a ticket open, thanks.

Morningfrost
12-15-2009, 12:01 PM
About Delera's quest chain: the quest log should tell you who would be the next person to speak to (like contact: X).

Yes, it's clear. The matter is that the NPC (Hargo something) didn't respond as it should (asking gold or bluffed). He kept saying to don't bother him.

cardmj1
12-15-2009, 12:12 PM
The guest pass should be in your inventory. The icon is a miniature pic of the adventure pack itself. Place it on your hotbar. Click on the person you wish to give it to and then click on the pass. (think of it as a spell casting or a clickie)

Nadalis
12-15-2009, 12:17 PM
You went back into the crypt on the right (where all three are lined up) and spoke with Delara who is right inside the door right?

Irinis
12-15-2009, 12:23 PM
If it's not in your inventory, put in a ticket then log out and log back in again and hope for the best. I bought an xp potion and it wasn't delivered until hours later when I logged out and back in. Sometimes items don't get delivered properly from the store.

Morningfrost
12-15-2009, 02:28 PM
You went back into the crypt on the right (where all three are lined up) and spoke with Delara who is right inside the door right?

Yes, I also got the quest advanced. The strange thing is that I was already on a wrong chapter at that point, even if I got the first reward from Derek.

Morningfrost
12-15-2009, 03:09 PM
If it's not in your inventory, put in a ticket then log out and log back in again and hope for the best. I bought an xp potion and it wasn't delivered until hours later when I logged out and back in. Sometimes items don't get delivered properly from the store.

Ok, they was delivered today. I'm glad they work as intended, but I was disappointed by the delay.

Mackem
12-15-2009, 06:39 PM
Hello,

By the way, I wasn't able to complete Delera: my usual mess after part 3 was even worse, no way to bluff the nasty gentleman or to bribe him, no matter how I tried. XP, but no reward. Maybe some server issue?

Side note: whoever wrote the Delera's last chapter advancement background deserves my hate :)

A bit off-topic maybe, but did you get the whole quest chain (part 1) from Derek directly or you had someone else to share it and you to accept?

I've found that EVERY time when someone shared the first Delera quest and I accepted, I could not get the quest to advance from part 3 to part 4. You complete part 3, go get your reward from Derek but Hargo won't talk to you. This happened on 3 occasions on different characters, every time I accepted a shared part 1.

And ALL the members of a group I was in who accepted the shared part 1, were having the same exactly problem.

Morningfrost
12-15-2009, 11:46 PM
A bit off-topic maybe, but did you get the whole quest chain (part 1) from Derek directly or you had someone else to share it and you to accept?

Mmm. that's probably it. I can't remember, but probably the quest was shared. Thanks for pointing it out.