PDA

View Full Version : Camera view skewing randomly

Lirial
12-14-2009, 08:01 PM
View keeps skewing on camera angles randomly at times. ill be running and all of a sudden my camera is facing directly up this is really annoying. is there a cause/solution of this?

Freeman
12-14-2009, 09:00 PM
I've seen this, but it was actually a mouse issue, and would happen at random times while using the computer. It was just more noticeable while playing a game with moving camera such as DDO. Have you noticed your mouse jumping around anywhere else? I can't remember what I did to fix it, but I know it doesn't happen anymore. I would start with the obvious, update mouse drivers, make sure the surface/lense/ball/whatever is clean, etc. If none of that works, then try Google. A search for "mouse spazzing out" or something like that should give you a lot of hits, and that's how I would describe it.

Mockduck
12-14-2009, 09:08 PM
There's a check box in the options tab that has the camera follow the landscape as you move. Maybe that's checked?

Lirial
12-14-2009, 09:33 PM
No its off , its probably a mouse issue like Freeman said. i use a ms intellipoint optical mouse. it doesnt happen alot but it does seem to happen sometimes when i really dont want it to. like ever :D thanks for the advice guys

Freeman
12-14-2009, 09:39 PM
No its off , its probably a mouse issue like Freeman said. i use a ms intellipoint optical mouse. it doesnt happen alot but it does seem to happen sometimes when i really dont want it to. like ever :D thanks for the advice guys

I'd recommend a good mouse, but unfortunately, Logitech stopped making the model I really like. It took a lot of web searching to find a replacement one almost two years ago, and I'm hoping this one last for a long time yet. I had some of the MS ones over the years, but I never found one I really liked.