PDA

View Full Version : Quickchat

stav884
12-13-2009, 12:34 PM
hello this is more or less my first time posting on these forums but its only because i wanted to bring up a suggestion
for most of you quick chat is a way to keep children from using and hearing bad words but i see something else
i for example play fps games in the newer fps games you have a few buttons (usually z,x and c) that when you press any of them you get a bunch of quick commands like for example you need someone to heal you then you press z and 1 and your character yells out for a medic.
the convenience behind it doesnt work for most mmos because most of them dont require real time interaction but in ddo where you have full control over combat its perfect or even required

so ya this is just my suggestion i hope you guys understand why it could work in ddo (or even understand what im saying)
and tell me if you agree

hydra_ex
12-13-2009, 12:35 PM
hello this is more or less my first time posting on these forums but its only because i wanted to bring up a suggestion
for most of you quick chat is a way to keep children from using and hearing bad words but i see something else
i for example play fps games in the newer fps games you have a few buttons (usually z,x and c) that when you press any of them you get a bunch of quick commands like for example you need someone to heal you then you press z and 1 and your character yells out for a medic.
the convenience behind it doesnt work for most mmos because most of them dont require real time interaction but in ddo where you have full control over combat its perfect or even required

so ya this is just my suggestion i hope you guys understand why it could work in ddo (or even understand what im saying)
and tell me if you agree

Use the /alias command. Go search the forums for a guide written on how to use them .

stav884
12-13-2009, 12:37 PM
well that was a bit awkward...
i had no knowledge of this commands before i posted this thread...

Lorien_the_First_One
12-13-2009, 12:39 PM
well that was a bit awkward...
i had no knowledge of this commands before i posted this thread...

No problem, you have to ask to find out sometimes :)

Dawn_Falcon
12-13-2009, 11:45 PM
Even so, a system of voice binds accessible via shortcuts like, say, Tribes 1? Would be of great benefit.