PDA

View Full Version : Leveling Sigils "Sale"

Daehawk
12-12-2009, 10:24 PM
I actually noticed something that I was kinda curious about. And wondering if I can get confirmation on this from any Moderators.

Normal sale items:

Three Barrel Cove- 20% Off
Explore the dangerous island of Three-Barrel Cove and discover the dark secrets hidden in this pirate paradise! Includes 9 hand-crafted adventures, a full-service tavern and 41 wilderness area objectives!
Level Usable: 4+
Classes Usable: All
Store Location: Premium Items > Adventure Packs
Price: 650 Points
Sale Price: 520 Points

Sigil "sale" item:

Platinum Sigil of Leveling
Applying this sigil raises the maximum level the character is allowed to advance to level 20. A trainer and sufficient XP are also required for leveling.
Classes Usable: All
Store Location: Stats & Leveling > Leveling Sigils
Old Price: 200 Points
New Price: 10 Points

Note the different wordings. One says Sale Price, other says New Price. That makes me wonder, are sigils getting changed permanently to 10 Points each? Or is this a special sale just for the Festivult? Because all the wordings in the Sigil Special doesn't say Sale Price or X off. It says 'Price Drop'. The only part that makes it seem more like a sale is:
"To continue the Festivult celebrations,
the DDO Store is now selling Sigils for only 10 Points!!!"

But that could mean that hey to continue the celebrations we are now announcing that sigils are only going to be 10 TP from now on. Because also it doesn't show up in Sales but just under Leveling Sigils still. Just curious.

flexlex12
12-13-2009, 12:01 PM
I do seriously hope the price of the sigils stay like this. Nothing worse than to grind quests getting them.

dpskane
12-15-2009, 02:54 PM
i would like to buy those sigils :-( but unfortunately i am VIP now. but my time is limited from now on so i will use the pay model in the future.

why are vips not allowed to shop in advance????
that's just so unfair!

WillJC
12-19-2009, 11:23 AM
New player here and I got my copper sigil of leveling for 10 points last night.

It would seem that they are all currently 10 points.

Rumbaar
12-19-2009, 05:13 PM
ha @ WillJC nice but not really the question of this thread. We all know they are 10 points, we are all just hoping/wondering with the current wording if that means they will be 10 points forever.

Which with the current business model Turbine has, I seriously doubt it. It's a good money maker.