PDA

View Full Version : Wolvar Blackbane

Cerice72
12-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Friendly, older (36) family man looking for people/a guild to play with. Feel free to look me up in game. I tend to be solo during the day. At night I may be grouped with my wife and/or a few RL friends who came over to this game from WoW also. That is the short post. The long version is below if you care to ead a book.

"Hail to thee of might and valor."
A line from one of my favorite PnP modules... do you know which one?

I am looking for people/a guild that is primarily active during the day (9:00am - 3:30pm est). I have been playing DnD in it's various versions since about 1981 (9 years old). I recently (about 2 months) came over from World of Warcraft... I had been playing that since it's release but I grew tired of them catering to power-players and PvP.
I'm 36, married (my wife plays), 2 children (7 and 10) who also play (yes, I have 4 networked PCs and we all played WoW together also).

I enjoy Roleplaying but I am not a "professional" roleplayer... as in I do not do the "IC" and "OOC" stuff. At the moment I am more of a "mental" RP'er from the stand point I try to think about what my character would do in a given situation. I have always enjoyed playing versatile/hybrid characters that are self sufficient (just can't count on others). I tend to also gravitate toward "tankish" characters.

That said, my main toon is a level 2 rogue/level 6 paladin. The RP'er in me does not particularly care for this combo because it's highly unlikely but I try to look at him as a kind of Percival (sp) from the Excalibur movie. I chose this combo because of game mechanics. Unfortunately, a computer program is not a great substitute for the imagination of a good DM and player working together to forge a noteworthy character. Afterall, in PnP terms my character is almost "name level" and should be looking forward to running his own lands for his lord BUT in a video game, he is still pretty much a pauper.

I am more about having fun than I am about "powerplaying". My first time or 2 in a dungeon/area, I like to explore every nook and cranny in a methodical way. If I enter a familiar dungeon for "farming" purposes (darn ransack rules!) I tend to go fast. I know very little about this online game (very little about 3.5 period because I did most of my playing during the "advanced rules". I like to help people who are willing to help themselves. I have little patience for people who are needy/users/lazy (if you're level 5, I'll help you in dungeons up to level 6 but don't cry to me about how you keep dying on hard mode in a level 8 dungeon!). I TRY HARD not to look things up online but because the game gives very limited feedback I find I must "cheat" once in a while. Example... I forgot blunt weapons were the way to go on clay golems. The "dungeon master" never really described "your edged weapons seem to have little effect on this creature (I know, the color of the damage and lack of damage should be the same thing but it's not for me.) so I looked it up.

Wow... I seem to be writing a BOOK! I just put a summary at the beginning for the people who didn't have the fortitude to make it this far. Congratulations, you gain 100 exp!

Quikster
12-10-2009, 08:51 PM
Friendly, older (36) family man looking for people/a guild to play with. Feel free to look me up in game. I tend to be solo during the day. At night I may be grouped with my wife and/or a few RL friends who came over to this game from WoW also. That is the short post. The long version is below if you care to ead a book.

"Hail to thee of might and valor."
A line from one of my favorite PnP modules... do you know which one?

I am looking for people/a guild that is primarily active during the day (9:00am - 3:30pm est). I have been playing DnD in it's various versions since about 1981 (9 years old). I recently (about 2 months) came over from World of Warcraft... I had been playing that since it's release but I grew tired of them catering to power-players and PvP.
I'm 36, married (my wife plays), 2 children (7 and 10) who also play (yes, I have 4 networked PCs and we all played WoW together also).

I enjoy Roleplaying but I am not a "professional" roleplayer... as in I do not do the "IC" and "OOC" stuff. At the moment I am more of a "mental" RP'er from the stand point I try to think about what my character would do in a given situation. I have always enjoyed playing versatile/hybrid characters that are self sufficient (just can't count on others). I tend to also gravitate toward "tankish" characters.

That said, my main toon is a level 2 rogue/level 6 paladin. The RP'er in me does not particularly care for this combo because it's highly unlikely but I try to look at him as a kind of Percival (sp) from the Excalibur movie. I chose this combo because of game mechanics. Unfortunately, a computer program is not a great substitute for the imagination of a good DM and player working together to forge a noteworthy character. Afterall, in PnP terms my character is almost "name level" and should be looking forward to running his own lands for his lord BUT in a video game, he is still pretty much a pauper.

I am more about having fun than I am about "powerplaying". My first time or 2 in a dungeon/area, I like to explore every nook and cranny in a methodical way. If I enter a familiar dungeon for "farming" purposes (darn ransack rules!) I tend to go fast. I know very little about this online game (very little about 3.5 period because I did most of my playing during the "advanced rules". I like to help people who are willing to help themselves. I have little patience for people who are needy/users/lazy (if you're level 5, I'll help you in dungeons up to level 6 but don't cry to me about how you keep dying on hard mode in a level 8 dungeon!). I TRY HARD not to look things up online but because the game gives very limited feedback I find I must "cheat" once in a while. Example... I forgot blunt weapons were the way to go on clay golems. The "dungeon master" never really described "your edged weapons seem to have little effect on this creature (I know, the color of the damage and lack of damage should be the same thing but it's not for me.) so I looked it up.

Wow... I seem to be writing a BOOK! I just put a summary at the beginning for the people who didn't have the fortitude to make it this far. Congratulations, you gain 100 exp!

Welcome to DDO Blackbane family :D

I cant help you with a guild as I gravitate to the power players. I just wanted to say hey :D Enjoy your stay.

Rhodarii
12-11-2009, 02:14 AM
Hi! We may be just what you're looking for; casual laid back mature crowd with no requirements. And yet we have ventrillo, a rigorous (in that we want to ensure you'll like us, and us you) application process. We span many games with the biggest group of members looking to play SW:TOR when it comes out.

I don't know how active we are during the day; however you'll find that out soon enough, and no hard feelings if we don't have anyone on then and you wish to find another guild.

Click the link in my sig, and take a while to read what we're about and take a look at the application process (to include some current apps) and apply if you think we're a good fit (oh, and couples are most welcome, my wife is a member too). We are 18+, so the kids will have to wait a while (as mine are!).

Good luck!