PDA

View Full Version : Run and Mouse look

Therigar
12-10-2009, 08:01 AM
Is this a known issue and I have just missed it?

I hate the auto run and mouse look toggles. I always turn them off in my UI. But, whenever I log out and log back on they reset.

Is it required that R always be auto run and T always toggle mouse look? Or, is the UI broken so that some key has to always be auto run and some key always has to be mouse look?

Or, is it tied to the three options for default key settings -- Default, FPS, Classic -- so that if I do not choose Classic I cannot turn them off?

There is nothing like accidentally hitting the R and T keys because I've fogotten to press Enter before trying to type a message in chat and having my character run off and then not being able to stop it because my controls are frozen out by the mouse look override.

Is it me and what I am doing or is it something with the UI?

Dexol
12-10-2009, 08:14 AM
You can keymap any key to do whatever you want, for example instead of auto run on R, i have push to talk.

Its all in the keyboard settings

Therigar
12-10-2009, 08:30 AM
That doesn't resolve my problem.

I have almost all of the key settings changed. I use a Logitech control so remap the keys routinely.

My issue is that if I destroy the R and T so that there is NO key mapped to Run or Toggle Mouse Look those two keys remap back when I log off.

I know how to use the UI. That isn't the issue.

Anarkius
12-10-2009, 08:34 AM
That doesn't resolve my problem.

I have almost all of the key settings changed. I use a Logitech control so remap the keys routinely.

My issue is that if I destroy the R and T so that there is NO key mapped to Run or Toggle Mouse Look those two keys remap back when I log off.

I know how to use the UI. That isn't the issue.

On the defense much???

I think the issue is that you are just 'destroying' those configurations and not setting them to another 'key'. Therefore when the game reloads, since there is no binding for those, it automatically assigns to the default. try binding those functions to a non-used key.

I hope this helps. :D

JOTMON
12-10-2009, 08:57 AM
I have seen where I cleared a key so it was not mapped at all that it would reset itself, sometimes even if I changed it to a different key it would reset itself and either add it as an additional key so I then end up with 2 items keyed to it or it would overwrite my changed key back to the default.

I found that if I used the default key for something else that would not impact my current activity(like loot all from chest) they dont change or reset themselves.

Therigar
12-10-2009, 09:50 PM
OK, I tried the suggestion to set the R and T functions to other keys. It worked for the T but the R came back.

Is it a case of the developers hard-coding the R key to the run function?

If so, can you take that out? I use to be able to destroy both functions by simply removing the mapping. Now I seem stuck with them. It is seriously a pain in the butt.

Anarkius
12-10-2009, 11:16 PM
Not a 100% sure on that one (being hard coded) but I could see that being a possibility. Sorry it didnt work for ya. :(