PDA

View Full Version : More Intuitive Names

soulaeon
12-10-2009, 06:08 AM
I just read the thread about changing how Repair and Heal skills work, and I think that is only part of the problem. The other is that people do seem to completely misunderstand how they work by virtue of their names, and I think that is one example of several vernacular problems right now.
Particularly in the low level areas, people seem to believe that Heal and Repair skills literally heal or repair you somehow during combat, or that they somehow augment existing healing abilities. My suggestion is to at least rename the Heal skill to "First Aid", "Bandage" or something specific that does not sound as impressive Heal. This way, its purpose is more obvious, and it will not be confused with things like healing items and spells.

"Spell Resistance" and "Resistance" are also confused many times. They sound almost exactly the same, but function totally unalike. Usually, people will say SR to distinguish, but it can be confusing when someone just says "resistance" that could mean either, especially when talking about spells and how to counter them.
Resistance should be renamed, since most people know that SR is a specific mechanic when mentioned. Perhaps to "Energy Resistance" or "Energy Protection".

Visty
12-10-2009, 06:31 AM
Resistance should be renamed, since most people know that SR is a specific mechanic when mentioned. Perhaps to "Energy Resistance" or "Energy Protection".

that would be even more misleading as resistance gives +x to all saves

imo if ppl would start reading what is written at least the resistance thing wouldnt come up as its resist energy and not enery resistance what that spell is called

Zombiekenny
12-10-2009, 06:32 AM
It took me awhile to reallize that repair didn't repair your equipment, but was just a heal for warforged.

Shamurai
12-10-2009, 07:52 AM
It took me awhile to reallize that repair didn't repair your equipment, but was just a heal for warforged.

But Warforged ARE my Equipment!

Soulken
12-10-2009, 08:31 AM
Umm no names are fine just read the skill description.