PDA

View Full Version : Core races of DnD

Dr.Maul
12-09-2009, 06:12 AM
Well those of you who have played the pnp version of the game pretty know the races missing from the game:
a. Half-orcs- +2 str, -2 chr and -2 int (i forgot the other stuff)
b. Half-elves- no stat bonus (if i am not wrong) standard elf bonuses (sleep immunity, etc.) +2 diplomacy
c. Gnomes- +2 con, -2str (forgot too)
And for those of you who haven't played it, hope you know this has nothing to do with halflings (no not even the half-elves).

P.S I am not really sure with the game's stuff cos my brother played it when i was quite young and quitted even before i could even get a hold of the whole game

soulaeon
12-10-2009, 06:19 AM
There should be more races.
I'd also like to be able to change my race with implied methods within the setting, like becoming a vampire or lich.

chaos_master
12-10-2009, 06:23 AM
You do know that every melee damage oriented character will switch to Half-orc if it was available, right? I'm, inclined to think this is the reason we don't have it, although being fairly new to the game, I might be dead wrong :)

Dr.Maul
12-10-2009, 08:32 AM
You do know that every melee damage oriented character will switch to Half-orc if it was available, right? I'm, inclined to think this is the reason we don't have it, although being fairly new to the game, I might be dead wrong :)

Not really, considering every class has its strengths, and if u had a capped char would u actually waste ur time just to reroll ur char into a half-orc (this game doesn't have race change yet).

Soulken
12-10-2009, 08:43 AM
There should be more races.
I'd also like to be able to change my race with implied methods within the setting, like becoming a vampire or lich.

That wouldnt be a race change sine you would be a the same race just a vampire or a liche and that kind of cheese should never happen or if it did you should be forever a npc.

Favis
12-10-2009, 08:44 AM
(this game doesn't have race change yet).
This game has True reincarnation ;)

Personaly I would rather get the missing core classes Druid and Artifacter before getting the missing core races :=)

EAB
12-10-2009, 08:46 AM
Long live Half-Orcs!!!! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half-orc#Dungeons_.26_Dragons_4th_edition_.282008-.29)