PDA

View Full Version : PUGs on Cannith

Caiburn
12-02-2009, 05:25 AM
Mujab here,

I am very fond of the PUG experience on Cannith so far. Of the last 10 PUG runs I was in (level 10-11 range) one sucked, one was harsh, and the rest was highly enjoyable. Obviously there are some very experienced and skilled players around that have no problem PUGging around.

I want to thank you guys, it is a blast (in 8 of 10 cases) ^^

Cheers!

Gum
12-02-2009, 09:37 AM
Mujab here,

I am very fond of the PUG experience on Cannith so far. Of the last 10 PUG runs I was in (level 10-11 range) one sucked, one was harsh, and the rest was highly enjoyable. Obviously there are some very experienced and skilled players around that have no problem PUGging around.

I want to thank you guys, it is a blast (in 8 of 10 cases) ^^

Cheers!

Indeed, Cannith has the best pugs I've run into so far, and that's a good thing because pugs is where we meet a lot of DDO friends :)

noob
12-10-2009, 05:47 PM
Oh, no problem, it was obviously with me if it went well! All 8 times, the other 2 times must have been with somebody else! ;):D

Sylvurdragon
12-11-2009, 03:37 PM
You know, I have to agree. I hear all this stuff around the forums about PUGs (DOOOOOOOOM DOOOOOOOOOOOM) but I've only had a select few problems...overall they've been great.

twix
12-13-2009, 01:15 PM
Over all i like pugging on cannith just fine but there are some serious freaks on this server.I have'nt squelched anyone in like 3 years until i came to cannith. So far i ve been screamed at for opening a chest in tempest spine because there was one mob left,Ive been called an ******* because i wouldnt heal the big bad barb of the 20 hp he was missing. Ive had multiple people get ****ed because i wont top them up between fights.Apparently on cannith favored souls are everyones nanny or heal bot.. Aw well maybe if i give it time the population will evolve a bit. Dont get me wrong i keep people healed while they are fighting but why whould i waste a 150 point heal on you when you have 50 hp missing? And theres no mobs left to fight?

Maybe i am the ******* here and no one thinks like i do that could be it.But never had as many arguments as ive had on cannith in the past month as i have in the whole three years ive played on argo.Over all still having fun over here and it probably helps that i giggle quite a bit when noobs dont listen and die. and theres been quite a bit of that on this server as well :P

tunabomber
12-14-2009, 05:25 AM
Speakin of PuGs anyone wanna party up sometime? I have 2 chars im playing currently,and alot of time I seem to have trouble getting into groups late night because im west coast.im also a stay at home dad so if my kids are napping I jump on ddo to relax a bit and have a little fun.

1. tunabomber - level 8 dwarven fighter.

2. bomberoftuna - level 9 Elven ranger/rogue(2 levels only)

Im relatively new but I read the forums alot,and my guildmates have taught me alot. I'm in California but I often play late after the wife and kids go to bed. Feel free to add me too your friends list if you are looking for someone who enjoys teamplay,and is willing to hopefully teach me more. I havent purchased any areas yet but in the short future im going to so I can run with my guildies once in a while.I've had some really good groups lately,a few not so good ones.all in all I think the players on this server are great. BTW my ranger is not a trapmonkey but he is a lock picker ;) people in lfg ask me about being a trapmonkey all the time and then
they dont invite ;( guess dps isnt good enough ;)

Bardicwolf
12-14-2009, 06:56 AM
PUGs on Cannith aren't too bad.. And at any run above level 12, you are going to run into many people you ran with before. So you know somewhat the play style.. It has been fun going from 12-17 so far.. Met a lot of fine players.

Robinton
12-16-2009, 02:51 PM
Agreed. Most PUGs on Cannith have been positive. Many thanks to those who have shared their experience (and patience).

Icariam (16 mostly bard)
Maluss (11 mostly fighter)

Varr
12-16-2009, 03:10 PM
Hehe, saw a 14-16 pug Tor group up for a long time (2 clerics, barb, fighter, rogue....) open to the world so I joined with my 14 pali. They took me.....wiz and even haste free so knew was going to be an adventure. Everyone listened in group and was receptive to specific stratagy in the dragon/giant sections and was a suprizingly clean run.

Was pretty happy about that run really.

thewizard3
12-23-2009, 10:09 AM
I’ve noticed this as well. Just my opinion, but I think when Canith opened, a lot of good players that were fed up with **** going on in their regular servers, decided to make a new home on Canith, sort of a “New Beginning”, so to speak. With that, you’ll get people who are good gamers and generally want to help make the experience better.

Mourngrimm
12-23-2009, 12:30 PM
I'm a west coater too Tuna and new to Cannith...Leveling a Multi class soloing build I found on the forums....Loving it! I'm still pretty much a noob....I left when the cap was lvl 10 and just came back a couple months ago...Played Sarlona for awhile got 2 toons to lvl 8 and got fed up with the AH prices and moved here.
Toons name is Shayed. Half a bubble from lvl 5 . ....2cl 1rog 1monk.... Looks goofy I know but the end build seems very solid as a 17cl 2mnk 1rog.

tunabomber
12-28-2009, 10:33 PM
Right on man, I just got VIP so been trying to learn new areas. if your interested in teamin up send me a tell and as long as im not in a party already we can run around, i have some lowbie toons i can help you lvl with.

Demeron
12-29-2009, 03:49 AM
Hey all:-)

Just cme over from EU`s Keeper, so far we had some nice PUG`s but some Crappy also. Think one prob may be that in Lowbie Q a lot of F2P`s go and run them 5000 times in a row. In the upper LVL Quest and the P2P areas it was very nice so far. Just somtimes it would be nice if Peep`s talk more and try to work as a Team, like stand and wait for buffs listen to advice and let every one do his Job, A Rogue dose the traps etc.

When we came over i fell very sad to leve Friends, Toons and stuff behind in EU but now it seams we can get a lot of fun here too....

So if u see an LFM feel free to join us for Fun, Fun and somtimes sucsess......

Toons on Cannith Hotpans sing a song, Groshy Fat Fongers

roakylamu
12-29-2009, 04:02 PM
I generally enjoy pugging on Cannith, I'm not the most patient of people though so I do get ****y with people now and then if they don't listen, also when people run off looting chests when there is still enemies to be dealt with ;) that might have been me in TS :P

Escher
12-29-2009, 06:31 PM
My wife and I are both west coast and usually on Cannith in the evenings. We've been playing since F2P started so we're not full fledged noobs..just mostly. My main toons are Dynablue (Fi5/Ro4) and Dynared (W7), hers are a Cl8, So7. We've also got a few snowy Korthos kids. Not VIP but we've got STK, Catacombs, Delara's, 3BC, Desert (never been), Sorrowdusk, Sharn and Tangleroot and we'll think about more as we wear out these. We tend to be explorers rather than just doing runs and we play for fun rather than specific builds so if you can tolerate that maybe we can try PUGing.

Sideways
01-04-2010, 05:46 AM
The whole point of pugs is that you don't know what you're gonna get and that's the fun! A ragbag bunch of strangers banding together. I like questing with the sorcerer who never uses spells, the clerics who don't heal and the barbarian who duals daggers - I've seen them all! I have a great guild to quest with if I want to know what I'm getting but when I want to live on the edge the Cannith pugs don't dissapoint :)

Side

VeloxLupa
01-04-2010, 04:43 PM
I've only been playing for 3 months, but I can already see a higher quality of PUG than I did in four years of Guild Wars. I've only had one bad PUG experience, and it was a VON5/6 raid group that had me as the only healbot, got inside, aggroed the **** out of everything, then whined like heck when I couldn't keep them alive. Then they asked me if I could lead them through it after I told them I had only done it once before. Ergh. Thanks to the nasty tells I endured from that debacle I've become very selective and inquisitive when joining a PUG. It's led to some great times.

I've got to give props to two guilds that I've enjoyed running with (outside of my own, of course): Clan Windwalker and Smurf Defamation League have been great to work with. The North American Tribe of Oompaloompas is always looking for new friends to group with; we're four members strong and always looking for new experiences.

If'n you need some healbot or mild battlecleric help, feel free to look up Eliendril (3000xp from being a lvl 14 Cleric). I'm also working on a level 4 IntimiTank dwarven pally named Rigas if you're up for some low-level fun.

HBene
01-06-2010, 02:19 PM
I've just came from a PUG on Cannith, and oh what a good surprise! We've done both quests in Cerulean Hills on elite and Proof Is In the Poison on hard, and it went smooth and easy (3-6 lvls). More important, all the team members were very nice persons with the exception of one who didn't say a word.

This, after doing Irestone on normal when the leader (a ranger lvl 8) kept getting owned by the mobs several times and insisted in not inviting a Cleric/FvS. We eventually made it though, and then he wanted to repeat on elite. I left.

I generally enjoy pugging on Cannith, I'm not the most patient of people though so I do get ****y with people now and then if they don't listen, also when people run off looting chests when there is still enemies to be dealt with ;) that might have been me in TS :P
Well, sometimes I also see people that ignore chests and go forward to get aggro and be killed when everyone else is looting the chest. But probably the situation you describe is seen way more often.

Cheers from Cannith!

chefgroovy
02-07-2010, 11:34 PM
The whole point of pugs is that you don't know what you're gonna get and that's the fun! A ragbag bunch of strangers banding together. I like questing with the sorcerer who never uses spells, the clerics who don't heal and the barbarian who duals daggers - I've seen them all! I have a great guild to quest with if I want to know what I'm getting but when I want to live on the edge the Cannith pugs don't dissapoint :)

Side

Agree, the randomness is where its at. I'm a noob and do PUG almost exclusively. do one quest, few leave, few stay, throw up LFM, more join. I'm cleric, so got my heals covered :) first come first serve, don't even look half the time. Do insta share quest as soon as they join because you know they gonna ask.

Of course, do it a while and next thing you know you're in Irestone Elite with 2 wizes, 3 monks and a cleric, two of which don't speak english. Where is the fun in doing a methodical run thru a quest you know without a doubt you can complete. Complete same one with no tank, a wiz who runs out of mana on first pull, a Brazilian and a drunk Frenchman talking on mic then you've achieved something.

BracchusBridgeburner
02-09-2010, 08:00 AM
I wonder if Mister "no handholding" comment in every one of his LFM's is reading this. We know who he is, what guild, and who usually runs with him so no need to mention names. Snob-gamers who do that come off as poor attitude control freaks. I don't know... if I was so bitter towards newer players that I had to habitually post comments on every one of my LFM's I think I'd take up another hobby, because people don't do this for fun when they get that serious about it. "hardcore" gamers really are a sad group of people :(

I'm glad the pugs on cannith are working out. for the most part with only minor occasional exceptions like the above I've found the atmosphere on this server very open, helpful and friendly. I've recently pugged some pre-raids and raids with titles like "everyone welcome!" and everything worked out very well, so I don't know why some people get their panties wound so tight about it :D

Varr
02-09-2010, 09:57 AM
Unless I think the misses is going to randomly demand my attention I always try to post put lfms.

I have fallen into the habit of posting this text....

"Varrs Zerg: Know the way, Heal thy self, All welcome!"

This should be discriptive enough for any that want to join as to what to expect. Fast runs, not waiting to fill a healer and if your a bard your healing is optional not mandatory, first 5 to apply come on in at level or below.......

I'll get multiple tells a day from players asking what Zerg means or saying they don't know the quest location but would like to come......while I run fast, I almost always make room and time for these players to get them to the quest. I feel a responsibility to include players......what they do in quest is totally up to them. Wander, fight in my wake, afk at entrance......no matter, it is there choice.

Alizar
02-09-2010, 04:57 PM
Pugging on Cannith for me means putting up my own lfm. I never see an lfm up that makes sense for ME. Back on Argo lfm's consisted of RAIDS and quests that maximized xp. LFM's on Cannith are...well, a waste of my time unfortunately. A lot of running around wilderness areas, F2P quests that have nothing to really offer except favor which I don't need a whole lot, or running decent quests but at a level way too high to get decent xp.

It also takes too long to fill lfm's at times when the quests I put out for are the choice quests that will give something that everyone needs. (big xp, flagging, upgrade etc) I can't wait for the cannith community to come up to speed.

One last issue is the influx of non english speaking players on Cannith. So now you have a newb that can't understand instructions....makes for interesting questing :(.

dj.kickz
02-09-2010, 05:56 PM
Pugging on Cannith for me means putting up my own lfm. I never see an lfm up that makes sense for ME. Back on Argo lfm's consisted of RAIDS and quests that maximized xp. LFM's on Cannith are...well, a waste of my time unfortunately. A lot of running around wilderness areas, F2P quests that have nothing to really offer except favor which I don't need a whole lot, or running decent quests but at a level way too high to get decent xp.

It also takes too long to fill lfm's at times when the quests I put out for are the choice quests that will give something that everyone needs. (big xp, flagging, upgrade etc) I can't wait for the cannith community to come up to speed.

One last issue is the influx of non english speaking players on Cannith. So now you have a newb that can't understand instructions....makes for interesting questing :(.

thats because most of us who zerg dont put up lfms. we find it easier to just short man then deal with inexperienced players thanks to dungeon scaling.

aurum1
02-09-2010, 08:56 PM
Never had too many complaints about PUGs....but I sure won't be joining random shroud PUGs anymore. UGH.

BracchusBridgeburner
02-10-2010, 09:48 AM
thats because most of us who zerg dont put up lfms. we find it easier to just short man then deal with inexperienced players thanks to dungeon scaling.

What do you do on occasions when most of your guild/friends don't happen to be around the same time as you and you don't feel like playing an alt?

Sylvurdragon
02-10-2010, 01:31 PM
I wonder if Mister "no handholding" comment in every one of his LFM's is reading this. We know who he is, what guild, and who usually runs with him so no need to mention names. Snob-gamers who do that come off as poor attitude control freaks. I don't know... if I was so bitter towards newer players that I had to habitually post comments on every one of my LFM's I think I'd take up another hobby, because people don't do this for fun when they get that serious about it. "hardcore" gamers really are a sad group of people :(

I'm glad the pugs on cannith are working out. for the most part with only minor occasional exceptions like the above I've found the atmosphere on this server very open, helpful and friendly. I've recently pugged some pre-raids and raids with titles like "everyone welcome!" and everything worked out very well, so I don't know why some people get their panties wound so tight about it :D

Sadly enough I know EXACTLY who you are talking about, and (without naming names) after my first experience dealing with him and the "get out of the quest we need to go back in - get out get out get out get out" then disband the group - I was over it. (I was out, but a couple of people in the quest were trying to pick up a chest that was in there) OMG ONOZ!!! Someone actually would like to get something for their trouble. Yah...I refuse to deal with that anymore ;)

Vampyr3
02-10-2010, 02:02 PM
I have never tried a PUG yet.. thinking it's about time that I do.. there are few quests, that I just can't do by myself or with Hench...

dj.kickz
02-10-2010, 02:46 PM
What do you do on occasions when most of your guild/friends don't happen to be around the same time as you and you don't feel like playing an alt?

since the air ele nerf i dont think there is a quest in the game other than SoS (because of the time limit) I can't solo on my pali.

BracchusBridgeburner
02-11-2010, 07:08 AM
I meant raids not regular quests or levelling. Assuming your raiding main is 20, and having already mentioned it not being one of your alts, what would you do with that character if none of them were online at that time?

dj.kickz
02-11-2010, 01:30 PM
I meant raids not regular quests or levelling. Assuming your raiding main is 20, and having already mentioned it not being one of your alts, what would you do with that character if none of them were online at that time?

both of my mains are usually on timer from running with guildies as my guild runs 3-4 dqs everyday 3-4 reavers every day and a couple shrouds every day. For those or anything else I usually lead my own pugs if I have enough friends or guildies online and if i'm leading we typically short man most raids if there isnt enough online. We've 6 manned vod and shroud many times and only really take a full group if we are running it on elite. ToD is typically a full group because pugs aren't running it so we usually have lots of decent players off timer we can take from out of guild. It is rare that I really NEED to run a raid and no one else from my guild is online. But if bored I am able to solo reaver on both my wiz and my paly and I can solo DQ 1 and 2 on my wiz.