PDA

View Full Version : DDOwiki: Hamster died

Borror0
12-01-2009, 08:12 PM
The battery died, and we need a new one. It'll take a few days before we get the one that was ordered. Sorry. :(

DireWolverine
12-01-2009, 08:47 PM
You should upgrade to Guinea Pigs, they last longer. :p

Sorry to hear about your equipment issues. Once I'm less of a newb, I look forward to contributing. Right now though, I'm finding out how little I actually know about this game.

sirdanile
12-01-2009, 08:49 PM
You shouldve gotten this kind!

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/7623/pikamotiv.jpg (http://img39.imageshack.us/i/pikamotiv.jpg/) http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/pikamotiv.jpg/1/w750.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img39/pikamotiv.jpg/1/)

Thailand_Dan
12-01-2009, 11:08 PM
OK cool. I started a thread asking about this. Thanks for the info.

Lorien_the_First_One
12-02-2009, 08:39 AM
/cries

Next time use Kobolds, they never forget but they can also run a really long time before dying.

rimble
12-02-2009, 08:40 AM
What battery? For the RAID controller?

chodelord
12-02-2009, 09:59 AM
I use homeless guys on bicycles for my power needs. I dangle a bottle of Mad Dog in front of them and they pedal like crazy.

jasonchrist
12-02-2009, 10:33 AM
I clicked thinking your pet died. I feel foolish now.

THAC0
12-02-2009, 10:34 AM
I use homeless guys on bicycles for my power needs. I dangle a bottle of Mad Dog in front of them and they pedal like crazy.

....thats just wrong....

but hella funny!

T.

Memnir
12-02-2009, 10:54 AM
http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx86/EnPsyane01/Ham1.jpg

Marvison
12-03-2009, 12:00 PM
this website made the game 100% better for my newb self who hasnt done a quest beyond lvl 9 and now after is switched servers made a new toon and am at 9 im lost without my wiki :( pull out the defibrillator get that baby pumping again :) great site

moorewr
12-03-2009, 12:08 PM
http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx86/EnPsyane01/Ham1.jpg

Is that John Kerry's silhouette?!

Elsbet
12-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Hamster died.

ZOMG! You're pregnant!!!!

Congrats!!!!

Borror0
12-03-2009, 12:23 PM

Congrats!!!!
:confused:

"I knew I should have not sit on that toilet"?

Crawlstein
12-03-2009, 08:51 PM
I'm glad to see this thread. I'll be more glad to see the wiki when it comes up again. :)

Elsbet
12-04-2009, 09:08 AM
:confused:

"I knew I should have not sit on that toilet"?

*sigh* Nevermind... If you have to explain a joke... :(

ssarasin
12-04-2009, 01:31 PM

Congrats!!!!

I guess the budget didn't allow for rabbits... We're down to using hamsters for the tests now eh?

Kalari
12-04-2009, 01:54 PM
You shouldve gotten this kind!

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/7623/pikamotiv.jpg (http://img39.imageshack.us/i/pikamotiv.jpg/) http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/pikamotiv.jpg/1/w750.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img39/pikamotiv.jpg/1/)

LOL okay +1 for sure I love pickachu references :)

and sorry about the wiki Borror0

Hrodgrimr
12-04-2009, 03:34 PM
Is that John Kerry's silhouette?!

No, it's Richard Gere.

That joke just won't die...

karnokvolrath
12-05-2009, 04:38 PM
Any news on when the hampsters will be running again? Maybe you need hampster boot camp to whip the lil devils into shape.....This guy could be your leader....

http://plock.net/potd/images/hampster_gun_large.jpg

Borror0
12-05-2009, 05:17 PM
Any news on when the hampsters will be running again?
As soon as we can. We're also hoping to move it to another server in the near future.

ezgoezit
12-08-2009, 04:39 PM
It's like they say "You never know what you have until it's gone." I'm probably off a bit on the quote, but I'm sure you understand what I mean. As someone who hasn't been around long enough to memorize everything, I never realized how much I used DDOWiki until it went down.

I guess this is as good an opportunity as ever to thank Borror0 and all those that have ran and contributed to the wiki.

Thanks!
Ez

Post Script- Is there a donation link on the site when it is up? I never noticed before...

MsEricka
12-08-2009, 10:54 PM
I sent you a PM 6 days ago asking if you wanted free hosting and you didn't reply.

DoctorWhofan
12-08-2009, 11:00 PM
*sigh* Nevermind... If you have to explain a joke... :(

I LOVED it, the joke. Usually use Rabbits, though.

Borror0
12-08-2009, 11:02 PM
I sent you a PM 6 days ago asking if you wanted free hosting and you didn't reply.
Sorry. Yes, I remember. I got about 10 PMs about the wiki that day, and a few other more about other things so it must have been lost.

Xevo and I want to discuss about hosting details together, but he's really busy so the emails take a lot of time to come back. The wiki had ten thousands visits per day and over sixty thousands of page views per day. It's not really your average website anymore. If I do look for another place to host, I will at least contact you.

KerouacZac
12-09-2009, 11:19 PM
Just wanted to add my thanks for having such a great wiki. Hope it's back up & running soon [I was a fair piece of those 60k page views you mentioned!:)]

MsEricka
12-10-2009, 01:41 AM
Just let me know.

TheJumbie
12-11-2009, 02:24 PM
I still cannot access the Wiki, so I am assuming it is still down, but I have had instances where my connection simply would not let me access a given site (Photobucket being the most notable...).

RangerOne
12-11-2009, 02:54 PM
I just know I miss it...

Crawlstein
12-11-2009, 04:30 PM
I've lost count of the times I automatically try the wiki when I run into something I need more info about.

Arness
12-11-2009, 08:31 PM

Congrats!!!!

Isn't that supposed to be the rabbit died?

Lanthum
12-12-2009, 02:38 AM
A huge THANK YOU to Borror0 and Xevo for creating the site, and to all those that contributed. It is the best site and I can't wait for it to open back up! I'm going through withdrawls waiting for it to open back up!

solraven
12-14-2009, 11:54 AM
Bump! Do we have an eta? I was pulling my hair out last night trying to to find mutch needed info/map for the crucible, servers went down for maintenance as i recalled back to town. I think we were all first timers, took 3hrs!

Shamurai
12-14-2009, 12:01 PM
*sniff sniff* I miss the wiki...

Happosaai
12-14-2009, 08:32 PM
Nooooo! Must have wiki!

Emerikol
12-17-2009, 03:00 PM
bump. I am really missing this.

FauxSho
12-17-2009, 03:12 PM
Next time use Kobolds, they never forget but they can also run a really long time before dying.

Only if you can design a power generator which is operated by jumping backwards.

/crossingfingers and thinking positive thoughts about the wiki.

solraven
12-18-2009, 02:27 AM
Only if you can design a power generator which is operated by jumping backwards.

More like jumping backward 30 feat in the air and floating there, after being tripped.

KerouacZac
12-21-2009, 12:15 AM
/bump
<sniff> I miss my wiki! The compendium is just about bloody useless by comparison [Love ya, Turbine, but it's true.].

please don't make me beg....

Rasczak
12-21-2009, 12:28 AM
I think we all need to post a battery to Boro :p

Every page I go for on the Compendium asks me to create a page.....Boro couldn't you get them to donate space for you? Or at least amalgamate the two?

Borror0
12-21-2009, 12:39 AM
I think we all need to post a battery to Boro :p

Every page I go for on the Compendium asks me to create a page.....Boro couldn't you get them to donate space for you? Or at least amalgamate the two?
An acquaintance of mine if hosting the wiki, and I have not heard of him in like two weeks. I'm getting worried, both for him and the wiki...

I'll update the moment I hear from him. I can't do anything until then, as he has the backups. If I had them, I would probably have taken one of the many, many generous offers that I had since the wiki went down. The community's been great. It's just...

Rasczak
12-21-2009, 12:52 AM
An acquaintance of mine if hosting the wiki, and I have not heard of him in like two weeks. I'm getting worried, both for him and the wiki...

I'll update the moment I hear from him. I can't do anything until then, as he has the backups. If I had them, I would probably have taken one of the many, many generous offers that I had since the wiki went down. The community's been great. It's just...

I can only speak for myself but I think the community as a whole really does appreciates the work you do and most of us use the wiki every week even if for quick references on an item, need that rare you can't remember etc etc.

Myself, I really do miss it so I have to ask when I get to use it again ;)
Only miss something when its gone and all that jazz. I realise at least that your hands are tied and you're probably more frustrated than we are.

On a sidenote I hope your friend is found even if drunk in a mexican bar and has only been busy due to the season.

Borror0
12-21-2009, 01:09 AM
I realise at least that your hands are tied and you're probably more frustrated than we are.
More than frustrated, I'm mad at myself not never having made my own backup. That way, I could have a temporary solution.

And, yeah, I hope Ken is just really busy with the season and work.

roggane
12-21-2009, 11:34 AM
I need my wiki!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

I'm having to use these other inferior crafting sites

Barumar
12-21-2009, 11:48 AM
I can only speak for myself but I think the community as a whole really does appreciates the work you do and most of us use the wiki every week even if for quick references on an item, need that rare you can't remember etc etc.

Myself, I really do miss it so I have to ask when I get to use it again ;)
Only miss something when its gone and all that jazz. I realise at least that your hands are tied and you're probably more frustrated than we are.

On a sidenote I hope your friend is found even if drunk in a mexican bar and has only been busy due to the season.

Totally agree - the Wiki is an excellent reference in game and out and is missed.

Thanks for all your hard work, and good luck getting it back up!

Barumar

Shamurai
12-21-2009, 11:58 AM
Okay where's the donate $5 button so we can all pitch in to buy you your own dedicated server or something. In game I need my Haste (crack) at work I need my double doses of Forums/ Wiki (Crack) I'm jonesing man, I'm jonesing!

cyanpill
12-21-2009, 12:25 PM
I keep thinking that I'll just post to the compendium, but then I take a look at it, and it's just not the same. :confused: Maybe it's because they hid the Recent Changes page...

Borror0
12-21-2009, 12:31 PM
I keep thinking that I'll just post to the compendium, but then I take a look at it, and it's just not the same. :confused: Maybe it's because they hid the Recent Changes page...
Each time I tell myself I'll give the Compendium a chance, I end up ragequitting.

I blame that on the UI and the fact I have little control over some pages.

RangerOne
12-21-2009, 12:45 PM
I check every day to see if it's returned. It's in my toolbar favorites. I'm sinking fast...

Tolero
12-21-2009, 01:00 PM
they hid the Recent Changes page...

:confused: this page? http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Special:RecentChanges

Borror0
12-21-2009, 01:03 PM
:confused: this page? http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Special:RecentChanges
He knows it's there, which is why he used "hid" rather than "remove".

It's more annoying to access it (Toolbox --> *wait* --> Recent Changes) compared to default MediaWiki. It irks me too. It's a better experience for the browser, since it removes clutter to him but, to us, the editors it is quite annoying because we view that page *a lot*.

Tolero
12-21-2009, 01:11 PM
He knows it's there, which is why he used "hid" rather than "remove".

It's more annoying to access it (Toolbox --> *wait* --> Recent Changes) compared to default MediaWiki. It irks me too. It's a better experience for the browser, since it removes clutter to him but, to us, the editors it is quite annoying because we view that page *a lot*.

Ah gotcha. Never noticed, as I tend to be drop-down oriented. If you want I can just add that link to the front page.

Borror0
12-21-2009, 01:12 PM
Ah gotcha. Never noticed, as I tend to be drop-down oriented. If you want I can just add that link to the front page.
I think I visit the home page of a wiki once or twice, and then I go there only to add stuff if necessary. (Very few wiki make their home page worth browsing.) It would not work for me. If you were to add a sidebar though, I would like it. :p

But, it might be a good idea to make new editors aware of the existence of the page. Like cyanpill said, it IS hidden.

EDIT: Drop-downs were invested by Satan and Tarrant to annoy us.

Lerincho
12-21-2009, 01:17 PM
I tend to be drop-down oriented.

so many quotes. so many punchlines. must..... resist.....

I bet it helps with the night life huh? :D

I TRIED to resist.

Tolero
12-21-2009, 01:18 PM
so many quotes. so many punchlines. must..... resist.....
I TRIED to resist.

Must resist continuing down this path myself haha, I almost set up another fail quote XD

Borror0
12-21-2009, 01:20 PM
I tend to be drop-down oriented.

Must resist continuing down this path myself
*cough*

Lerincho
12-21-2009, 01:21 PM
Must resist continuing down this path myself haha, I almost set up another fail quote XD

put the eggnog down and step away from the keyboard!

better yet, throw the keyboard away from the desk and drink the eggnog directly from the container.

Tolero
12-21-2009, 01:29 PM
I think I visit the home page of a wiki once or twice, and then I go there only to add stuff if necessary. (Very few wiki make their home page worth browsing.) It would not work for me. If you were to add a sidebar though, I would like it. :p

But, it might be a good idea to make new editors aware of the existence of the page. Like cyanpill said, it IS hidden.

Heh, maybe it's just me, but I've always been fond of top-nav drop down systems. In other wiki's I've used left nav always felt like visual clutter and I never found myself using anything found there. Then again, the thing I use the most is search/advanced search (both of which are static links on any page). I think I've used recent changes maybe a handful of times. But I'm the sort who "nests" when I do edits... I settle into one particular topic and work on it until I'm relatively happy with it or am confident that there's enough interest from others to refine it more to their liking, then I nest into the next spot. :X

Borror0
12-21-2009, 01:34 PM
I'm a wiki gnome (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiGnome). I check the quality of various existing pages, and ensure that the quality of new ones is good. The Random Page and Recent Change link are my friends. As for the clutter that a side bar can be. I tend to not mind since most wikis either have a fixed width or look better if the page is smaller than it would on wide screen.

Basically, the way I approach a wiki is completely different. As a matter of fact, I hate creating new pages. It's a choir to me.

Lerincho
12-21-2009, 01:36 PM
he is NOT a gnome. i AM THE gnome. ignore him.

Tolero
12-21-2009, 01:39 PM
I'm a wiki gnome (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiGnome). I check the quality of various existing pages, and ensure that the quality of new ones is good. The Random Page and Recent Change link are my friends. As for the clutter that a side bar can be. I tend to not mind since most wikis either have a fixed width or look better if the page is smaller than it would on wide screen.

Basically, the way I approach a wiki is completely different. As a matter of fact, I hate creating new pages. It's a choir to me.

Heh the search (especially now that it auto-fills) and advanced search have been my tools of the trade lately. I tend to pick a topic and do a search to see if the topic exists already in some form, then I see what that form is. Lately I've been on a kick with quests and adventure areas merging duplicates.

Borror0
12-21-2009, 01:44 PM
Heh the search (especially now that it auto-fills) and advanced search have been my tools of the trade lately. I tend to pick a topic and do a search to see if the topic exists already in some form, then I see what that form is. Lately I've been on a kick with quests and adventure areas merging duplicates.
You mean copypasting. The Compendium does not have a proper merge tool (as far as I can see).

Oh, since I got your attention and this is on topic, I have a non-DDO suggestion to relay. Before Turbine announces its new MMO project, I would have the web team design the wiki for that game ahead of time and release it the same day. Like this, those taken by the hype will be able to edit your wiki right away. If you make sure to have a good amount of meta-templates and clear rules, you won't have to compete against a wikia wiki and you'll have all the traffic on YOUR wiki.

Borror0
12-21-2009, 01:50 PM
Great. Now I got a new title. XD

Lerincho
12-21-2009, 01:59 PM
Great. Now I got a new title. XD

i hate you. i been trying to be the gnome for year.

Borror0
12-21-2009, 02:01 PM
i hate you. i been trying to be the gnome for year.
If I had admin powers, I would edit your title to "Not a Gnome". Now, THAT would be a reason to hate me!

Lerincho
12-21-2009, 02:09 PM
less time on forums, more time getting new vermin to power the wiki

Borror0
12-21-2009, 02:27 PM
less time on forums, more time getting new vermin to power the wiki
I already explained that was out of my control. First post, page 3.

solraven
12-21-2009, 02:29 PM
Have you thought of contacting Google for a cashed version? They seem to have one as of Oct 2! even if its text only its better than starting from scratch.

Borror0
12-21-2009, 02:50 PM
Have you thought of contacting Google for a cashed version? They seem to have one as of Oct 2! even if its text only its better than starting from scratch.
I know there's a method to reconstitute a website from spiders, but I think you're stuck with the HTML version of the page.

I am looking into it, but reluctantly.

Dark_Helmet
12-21-2009, 04:32 PM
Invented?

Tarrant = Satan
(Although Eladrin's puzzle is giving him a run for his money)
:D

Dark_Helmet
12-21-2009, 04:38 PM
I'm a wiki gnome (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiGnome). I check the quality of various existing pages, and ensure that the quality of new ones is good. The Random Page and Recent Change link are my friends.

With all those pizza boxes piling up, I never thought of you as a Gnome until I saw the pic:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/ff/Wikipedia_gnome.PNG/100px-Wikipedia_gnome.PNG

Tolero
12-21-2009, 04:55 PM
With all those pizza boxes piling up, I never thought of you as a Gnome until I saw the pic:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/ff/Wikipedia_gnome.PNG/100px-Wikipedia_gnome.PNG

Hmm this would explain where all my socks went

MsEricka
12-21-2009, 07:53 PM
I know there's a method to reconstitute a website from spiders, but I think you're stuck with the HTML version of the page.

Pretty easy to deal with if you have the right tools to strip the tags and keep only the text.

Rasczak
12-21-2009, 11:56 PM
I leave for a few hours of sleep and the Eggnog bunny brings joy to all the little festivult drunkards :/

Pay Boro a consultants fee and get him to sort the compendium out so we don't have this trouble :p
Then we don't need to duplicate information the whole time...he is now the WikiGnome even though I haven't seen him breakdance at all :p

Rasczak
12-22-2009, 12:03 AM
I'd just like to say, I woke up and read through this thread and before my first sip of coffee it got a song stuck in my head and I think you all suck for putting it there..

"WikiWiki Wild Wild West, the Wiki Best...."

Zeena_Haven
12-22-2009, 08:22 AM
I know this is off topic, but I thought it'd be a good place to ask-HeH

Is the fact that the WIKI is down atm affecting MYDDO too?

Are they tied together somehow? :confused:

Sorry, I havn't been getting any response from the DEV's, and I figured volunteers at the WIKI might be a little more forthcoming-LOL! :o

moorewr
12-22-2009, 08:37 AM
I know this is off topic, but I thought it'd be a good place to ask-HeH

Is the fact that the WIKI is down atm affecting MYDDO too?

Are they tied together somehow? :confused:

Sorry, I havn't been getting any response from the DEV's, and I figured volunteers at the WIKI might be a little more forthcoming-LOL! :o

They are not connected - the DDOwiki is purely a fan-run operation. My hats off to Borror0 and the others for all the work they've done. I hope they get this sorted out soon..

TheDoctor
12-23-2009, 08:05 AM
ddowiki.com does not come up in google anymore. Only vague references.

THAC0
12-23-2009, 11:48 AM

I am looking into it, but reluctantly.

Not sure if this helps...but I can point you here for content... no images. :(

http://web.archive.org/web/20080313175727/ddo.enterwiki.net/page/Category:Quests_by_name

I've looked at a few quests this way. The pages load SLOW.... but they load. Their cached version of the site is from 4/2008 though.. so there is a lot of content missing. But it may be a start....

Full archive here = http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://ddo.enterwiki.net

T.

solraven
12-23-2009, 12:37 PM
Hears a piece of free GLP software that can download an entire website! http://www.httrack.com/
It also says it can be used to apply updates to mirror sites, so it might make it easy to rebuild.

binnsr
12-26-2009, 10:11 AM
Have you heard from your friend yet, Borror?

solraven
12-28-2009, 06:38 AM
bump

arameth1
12-29-2009, 08:53 AM
bumpity bump. Need ddowiki!

Borror0
12-29-2009, 06:52 PM
Have you heard from your friend yet, Borror?
Short answer: No. I'll post about it here the moment I do, I swear!

A longer answer can be found in your PM box.

quickgrif
12-29-2009, 06:58 PM
Short answer: No. I'll post about it here the moment I do, I swear!

A longer answer can be found in your PM box.

That does not sound very promising.

Borror0
12-29-2009, 07:23 PM
That does not sound very promising.
Well, that depends on what you mean. No, it's not a "hey, it'll be fixed soon!" but it's not a "Do0ooOOo00M!!!11" either.

For one, I'll try to get something temporary up as soon as possible. But, this is the holiday season seeing my family and friends I have not seen in years takes on my time (for example, this is the first time I check the forums in six days), and I would to work with subpar equipment since I am not home right now.

Strakeln
12-29-2009, 11:51 PM
(for example, this is the first time I check the forums in six days)

I knew there was a reason it was so cold here. Hell hath indeed frozen over! :D

Lorien_the_First_One
12-30-2009, 12:02 AM
Hey Borror0, if you haven't seen it yet, look for the post advertising your new competitor wiki.

Sirea
12-30-2009, 12:11 AM
Hey Borror0, if you haven't seen it yet, look for the post advertising your new competitor wiki.

Here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=221875

BTW, thanks for the update Borror0 and hope to see the wiki back up soon :)

Borror0
12-30-2009, 03:37 PM
Seen the wiki before he posted on the forums about it. If someone feels like taking that burden off of me, fine with them but I wouldn't invest my tim on that alternative. I don't see wiki contribution as competition (otherwise I would have tried to monetize the wiki long ago).

BTW, I'm trying to shorten my vacations so I can bring at least *something* up soon...

BTW, thanks for the update Borror0 and hope to see the wiki back up soon :)
Thank me once it's back up. Until then, insulting me for not keeping my own backups would make more sense.

Rasczak
12-31-2009, 01:04 AM
Thank me once it's back up. Until then, insulting me for not keeping my own backups would make more sense.

Hey no fair!

You don't get to give us permission to do that.....that takes the fun out of it :p

cyanpill
12-31-2009, 01:10 AM
BTW, I'm trying to shorten my vacations so I can bring at least *something* up soon...

Don't suffer on our account... unless it's the type of vacation that you'd want to get away from very fast ;-)

Lestarion
01-02-2010, 01:37 AM
Hi Borror0,

I don't know if you even remember me, but we had some conversation early 2009, I tried to put up a german wiki (www.ddo-wiki.de) then, and you gave me permission to use information of your site as long as I reference to you (what I did of course).

I haven't worked on that since april last year (since I needed a break from the game in that long pause), but I got in quite some informartion till than, we could use all that again if it comes to the worst case szenario where we have to rebuild the whole thing, I just have to retranslate the content again. I don't think anyone is using mine anymore, since not much players remain on the EU Servers, I gave up myself and came to the US Servers shortly after Unlimited went live. But if it helps in any way to bring yours back, it still would be of some use.

Best regards
Derex/Lestarion

Borror0
01-02-2010, 08:46 PM
Lestarion, I'll get in touch tomorrow when I get home (well, most likely Tuesday since it'll be around 3 am when I get home). If I understand you right, you'd be willing to translate whatever pages I'm not able to recover from the German wiki? I hopethat is what you meant because I don't speak German at all, hehe. :p

Talking about second language, do you remember the name of the French user that kept a French version of the information (something like Ariana)? I know she was pretty active on the EU forums a while ago so that's why I ask.

Lorien_the_First_One
01-02-2010, 09:14 PM
Lestarion, I'll get in touch tomorrow when I get home (well, most likely Tuesday since it'll be around 3 am when I get home). If I understand you right, you'd be willing to translate whatever pages I'm not able to recover from the German wiki? I hopethat is what you meant because I don't speak German at all, hehe. :p

Talking about second language, do you remember the name of the French user that kept a French version of the information (something like Ariana)? I know she was pretty active on the EU forums a while ago so that's why I ask.

That's not an encouraging sound... I take it your friend with the backups is still missing? :(

Borror0
01-02-2010, 09:27 PM
That's not an encouraging sound... I take it your friend with the backups is still missing? :(
I just prefer to prepare for the worse.

Borror0
01-03-2010, 05:47 PM
I finally got in touch with Ken. He's working on it.

binnsr
01-03-2010, 05:55 PM

awesome! :)

Sirea
01-03-2010, 06:09 PM

Yay! :D

Jiipster
01-03-2010, 06:22 PM
/dance2

Zeena_Haven
01-04-2010, 05:24 AM
Is this any indication it will be up and running soon?

CountHenri
01-04-2010, 06:04 AM
Looks like the Wiki will be back soon - Yay!

Prefer if it wasn't able to disappear again - would really like to see a mirror(s) set up when it comes back online.

That'll mean stumping up cash and I'm willing - also dont want to see an ad driven wiki...

Send me a PM Borror0 if your interested - I probably spend more on a Pub night than it'll take the Wiki a year to use...

Borror0
01-04-2010, 10:26 AM
Is this any indication it will be up and running soon?
It's not as easy as we'd like it to be, but it should not take months. ;)

Prefer if it wasn't able to disappear again - would really like to see a mirror(s) set up when it comes back online.
Trust me. The moment I get the data, that will happen. I can't make a really stupid mistake once, but I won't do it twice.

whysper
01-04-2010, 10:52 AM
Maybe should just "crowdsource" retrieving the data from the Internet Archive?

Borror0
01-04-2010, 10:57 AM
That was my plan, if getting the data out of the server turned out to be impossible.

solraven
01-06-2010, 02:04 AM
Plug that baby in already! lol!

http://www.deviltronics.com/~deviltro/shopimages/products/normal/usb_hamster_ani_1.gif

MsEricka
01-06-2010, 02:51 AM

God that word sucks, no one should ever use it.

As for that word which I won't use, there's no point when it comes to datamining on the interwebs. If you have the technology and ability to use it, almost any data you can access can be yours for a few keystrokes. If you don't have the technology you can always try to get/rent/beg/buy/borrow it.

Borror0
01-06-2010, 11:53 AM
I'll update a little before I get more PMs.

Still working on it. We're waiting for an SCSI card we ordered from eBay to get the data back. But, we've found an October 15 backup so, worse case scenario, we only lose about a month and a half of data which is far less worse than losing everything. ;)

Lagin
01-06-2010, 11:58 AM
TY for all the effort bud!

Maxelcat
01-06-2010, 12:07 PM
Yay!

DagazUlf
01-06-2010, 12:42 PM
I did stock-up on a few boxes of hamster treats for when you get it all back together. In the past I think we all used the wiki to excess without ever giving the poor guys any rewards.

http://www.dailypets.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/hamster1.jpg

Borror0
01-07-2010, 06:19 PM
*ATOOweretreivedthebackupsfromtheserverOOOM!!!*

moorewr
01-07-2010, 06:22 PM
hurrah!

MsEricka
01-07-2010, 08:16 PM
Now the question is, do you need hosting?

Lorien_the_First_One
01-07-2010, 08:23 PM

Considering he is putting it back online with ebay parts....YES.

Borror0
01-07-2010, 08:39 PM
Maybe yes, maybe no. It will depend on how a few events unfold in the upcoming weeks. Short term, though, the answer is yes.

Ken is a really reliable guy. He's the one hosting the wiki for four years now (give or take one or two weeks) and it's the first incident that happens. Other than this, we went offline for one day twice because he had to move the server and that's it. He's a great guy and he's really helpful. But, I'm not paying him and I feel terrible for using of his time. He never even played DDO, as far as I know.

MsEricka
01-07-2010, 08:45 PM
That's kind of why I was asking. My offer still stands in regards to the hosting and it comes with automated daily/weekly/monthly offsite backups in case of loss.

Any questions, just ask

Borror0
01-07-2010, 08:52 PM
If I end up switching, I'll have to go through all the offers I have had from various people. Seriously, my PM box is full and I had to delete a few offers to just keep a little of room for incoming PMs. I'm about to start begging Tolero or Tarrant to give me a Turbine-sized PM box (I remember a screenshot of Quarion with 666 PMs in his PM box). To say that the community has been extremely supportive and generous would be an understatement.

A few stood out as really interesting, but I'll give them another read once the wiki is back up.

Rasczak
01-08-2010, 02:41 AM
We Love you Ken! And Borror0bie :D

Send a massive "good job" to the guy for us. If what you say is true he's a saint for making our lives easier without even realising it.

To be fair I would prefer a person who doesn't play DDO. No chance of them getting annoyed with whatever and leaving the game and telling the Wiki to sod off :p In basic terms ;)

Borror0
01-08-2010, 10:49 AM
I think that might a few people happy:

It should be back up this weekend. Its currently running REALLY slowly and has a lot of broken links because I dont have control of enterwiki.net, but I will fix that soon.

techwench
01-08-2010, 10:54 AM
I think that might a few people happy:

It should be back up this weekend. Its currently running REALLY slowly and has a lot of broken links because I dont have control of enterwiki.net, but I will fix that soon.
*happy dance* :D

Asketes
01-08-2010, 09:42 PM
:(

me no liky the compendium, very little information and very hard to navigate.

hope everything works out soon!

thanks for everything Bor

Borror0
01-09-2010, 12:32 AM
hope everything works out soon!
Meh. Soon is for Turbine, I give you now (http://ddowiki.com/page/Special:Recentchanges).

oberon131313
01-09-2010, 12:34 AM
Meh. Soon is for Turbine, I give you now (http://ddowiki.com/page/Special:Recentchanges).

nice man, great to see it back up. Now I can get to work on those spells when I've got some free time.

solraven
01-09-2010, 10:18 AM
YAY! Thank You Borror0!

visibleman
04-25-2011, 04:11 AM
wiki seems to be down again, since yesterday I think.

Sirea
04-25-2011, 04:20 AM
wiki seems to be down again, since yesterday I think.

Appears to be working fine for me.

yk49
04-25-2011, 10:12 PM
your necromancy doesnt work, doesnt bump threads on this fansite forum. each new incident, new topic we put up a new thread.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=314190