PDA

View Full Version : low level noob F2P looking for a guild

Desdemonte
12-01-2009, 02:50 PM
Hi- Just wondering if there is somewhere out there I may fit in. I have been selling off all my unusable stuff as I get it, but would much rather give it to people who could put it to use.

The deets:
I'm currently a Ranger2/Barb1. Just levelled to 3 and finished Korthos Island last night. I have been playing DDO for about a month or so. It is my 1st MMO ever, so I'm a bit shy about grouping with strangers. I think it would be fun though, and in a smallish group of good peeps really enhance my in-game experience (plus make some new friends!). Being new to MMO, I know very little about it and don't know the jargon. I want to learn if people have the patience.

I Usually solo but have a buddy I join up with (same level as me) when we can coordinate and another buddy is going to be starting to play when he gets his vidcard glitches evened out. So, this is kinda like 3 noobs looking for a home (I am only assuming they will also want to guild, and be in the same one as me). I am looking for a smallish guild (more than 20, less than 100 players) so I can get to know everybody and not just be another face in a big crowd.

My playstyle is generally slow and methodical the first time through a new adventure- I like maximizing my experience (both gameplay and XP) and finding everything present. On subsequent run-throughs, I will do optional quests only if I feel like it. I have found enough goodies in crates, barrels and vases to smash every one I see though ;P. So essentially, I'm a snail on 1st go, but after that am open to all options.

I am quite time limited to an hour or two most monday afternoons and some weeknights (variable). Weekend nights I'm often quite open. I am in the center of Canada (Winnipeg)- time zone GMT-6 (central for North Americans).

I don't have voice chat but would be willing to add it. I'm not a fast typer for in-game chat, but am willing to use it if people have patience.

I'm 35 years old and looking for other mature players with a fun/not too serious mindset. I am looking for a group who is lighthearted and respectful, who plays for fun but can still get themselves organized and be serious when the quest requires (not a bunch of full time jokers and doofusses- is that a word?? :P). I'm up for any kind of game play, and even a bit of roleplaying.

I am currently F2P because I have no need to go P2P, but that may change in the future.

My in-game name is also Desdemonte. I'm currently in Sunny Korthos on Thelanis.

tihocan
12-02-2009, 09:14 AM
You probably saw it already, but just in case, make sure you check out the stickied post in this forum, and go through the guild list to see if one could fit your needs :)

Desdemonte
12-02-2009, 09:58 AM
You probably saw it already, but just in case, make sure you check out the stickied post in this forum, and go through the guild list to see if one could fit your needs :)

I did go through it- thanks. But it's hard to get a feel for guild sizes and activity level from their websites- they don't seem to be very active. There are 4 or 5 that look interesting to me, but was wondering if I would get any insight from responses to this thread. I guess the best thing to do is to seek out people from these guilds in-game and try grouping up with them if they'll let me and see how things go. The problem is that I can't seem to find any of them in-game. Probably because I'm still on Korthos island. My low level is probably a deterrent as well- I'm probably not much good to anybody yet ;P. I want to try to avoid the really big groups and the hard core active recruiters because I don't want to just be anther face in a big crowd. I'm not even sure why guilds try to become so big with active recruiting....

tihocan
12-02-2009, 11:59 AM
I did go through it- thanks. But it's hard to get a feel for guild sizes and activity level from their websites- they don't seem to be very active. There are 4 or 5 that look interesting to me, but was wondering if I would get any insight from responses to this thread. I guess the best thing to do is to seek out people from these guilds in-game and try grouping up with them if they'll let me and see how things go. The problem is that I can't seem to find any of them in-game. Probably because I'm still on Korthos island. My low level is probably a deterrent as well- I'm probably not much good to anybody yet ;P. I want to try to avoid the really big groups and the hard core active recruiters because I don't want to just be anther face in a big crowd. I'm not even sure why guilds try to become so big with active recruiting....
Well, most good guilds I know of don't try too hard to recruit, and prefer to let people interested contact them. It's usually better because someone who's motivated enough to do some research on the guild and specifically ask to join is more likely to be a good fit than someone you randomly grab in the harbor (or Korthos if you're really desperate for guildies ;)).

KingOfCheese
12-02-2009, 01:49 PM
Check this link for guild sizes. This is fairly up-to-date (I'm waiting for the my.ddo site to fix some bugs to update it again).

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=211903

Desdemonte
12-02-2009, 02:37 PM
Thanks to you both. I guess I'll look when I get to Stormreach in a few days, as I don't really need to join up on Korthos. There are just a couple things I want to do there then off I go.... :D The info here has been useful.