PDA

View Full Version : Ddo Store Robbed Me

5thofnovember
12-01-2009, 11:39 AM
I logged into game and heard extra sharded bank slots where avail so i went to the DDO store and purchased 3 of them, when I tried to purchase a 4th it was no longer avail. When I went to my bank to check out my new storage space I had only received one of the three I purchased (and they did deduct points for all 3 purchases 995 each)

I went to the ingame help option and after waiting abit was told to go to the forums acct help for this problem and after submitting it I received a msg saying they had received it and ("Responses will typically take 1 to 2 weeks.) even thought it did say they are working on making that time faster.

So i'm cheated out of my points, I didnt get the 3 bank slots and if I'm lucky I might get it fixed in 1 to 2 weeks, and the site says no refunds or exchanges.

IF THIS IS FIXED I will post back here what the resolution was for anyone else that may have concerns about this happening to them

Someone let me know if this is going to be fixed if not I will have lost confidence in DDO and will prob cancel my families multi subscriptions, they where all pestering me to buy points from store to get them all extra shared bank slots, but if this is not resolved quickly and to my satisfaction there will be no more store purchases from me

After feeling violated all night I broke down and researched the ACCOUNT SUPPORT Phone number and spent half an hour in the phone que (racking up long distance charges) to resolve this. Once I was connected with an english speaking person (thats right supports not outsourced for this game yet to India) I explained what happened and provided the purchase numbers to the support tech, who then verified my story and in a very polite and professional manner apologized and credited the points back to my DDO store acct.

I'm still in shock as I expected to have to argue and do DNA testing and still wait the two weeks for resolution , but for the cost of a long distance call my problem was resolved in minutes. I've dealt with customer service for lots of situations over the years and the DDO acct guy I talked to rated in the top 10% easy.

Since they where being so reasonable I asked them to credit me extra points for my trouble and to cover the expense of the long distance call cost and then reality set back in lol.
for those of you with the same problem dont waste your time with all the email submissions and reports , just grab a drink and snack to get u thru the hold time and call this number instead.
781-407-4020 for Account Support or DDO support issues as ingame support cannot help with DDO Store.

PS DEVS Please mail me 100 gold coins in game for all the emotional trauma I went thru on this.

Thanks
Violater

cwfergtx
12-01-2009, 12:03 PM
How many characters do you have made up? If you only have 3 the it would seem that each would get an extra bank slot.

5thofnovember
12-01-2009, 12:54 PM
I have more than 15 char slots, I talked to a few other ppl ingame and it seems they where only able to buy one extra shared bank slot per acct, so somehow the store bugged out and sold me more than it should have.

AxeM
12-01-2009, 12:57 PM
I'm sure that when they get around to it you'll get your missing points back. Sucks that it'll probably take a couple weeks though :(

Zenako
12-01-2009, 02:01 PM
Just speculating here, but since the store has an interface that is supposed to hide anything you are not eligible to buy, I am guessing that while you were good to go on the first buy, that the system did not update the store front before you were able to resubmit another buy choice. That it was able to update the storefront before you could hit it for a 4th time. You were just too quick for the system. This should be an easy one to get fixed I would think and hope.

Impaqt
12-01-2009, 02:17 PM
I cant imagine paying 995 points for 10 extra slots in my shared bank tab let alone nearly 3000 for 30 of em....

I though Turbine was insane for charging so much... Guess not.....

5thofnovember
12-02-2009, 03:55 PM
I added the resolution to the bottom of the original post

dogbreath68
12-03-2009, 05:53 AM
i did the same. i bought and they allowed me to, 3 +10 shared bank slots. now the points were taken but i only recieved 10 additional slots.now i sent them an email about the issue,their response was, it could take 2 weeks or longer for a reply.now they took all of 20 seconds to take my points, but i have to wait 2 weeks or more for a resolution? waht if i told them .. hey i will pay you for my monthly bill in 2 weeks or more? i wouldnt have a vip account until i paid.

seems to me they need to treat us a little better since we are spending xtra out of pocket real money on the store.maybe not all of you but i do.

turbine, get your thumbs out of your butts and take care of your loyal 3 year paying customer, and as a matter of fact, take care of all your paying customers.

thank you