PDA

View Full Version : Two characters, one name

binnsr
12-01-2009, 11:26 AM
I recently noticed an issue with two characters that I have that share the same name, but not the same server. (if you clicked the thread hoping for something nasty, shame on you!) :cool:

I have a character that I transferred from Thelanis to Sarlona over a year ago. I have since created a character by the same name on Thelanis under my second account. If I search for that character's name, it reports that there are two characters with that name - one on Sarlona and one on Thelanis.

Good deal, so far.

Clicking on the link for the one on Sarlona takes me to the page saying that the character hasn't been logged in recently - even though at the time I was logged in to Sarlona on that character. Something's not right here, I thought.... :confused:
So, next I clicked on the link for that character on Thelanis. Instead of the lvl7 stalled character there, I was taken to the page for the lvl15 one on Sarlona :eek:

anyone else seeing this sort of behavior?

edit: just tested this again after typing this up, and it seems to be showing the lvl7 guy on Thelanis from the Thelanis link right now, so maybe that's resolved itself since I last looked (was over the weekend). The Sarlona link, however is still showing him as not logging in recently..

donutfromouterspace
12-14-2009, 02:07 PM
I've had a somewhat similar problem in that one of my characters is a reroll with the same name. Any sort of inspection brings up the info on the old character as it existed just before it was deleted. There seems to be no way to access the current character.

Arctigis
12-15-2009, 07:10 AM
I've had a somewhat similar problem in that one of my characters is a reroll with the same name. Any sort of inspection brings up the info on the old character as it existed just before it was deleted. There seems to be no way to access the current character.

Same(ish) problem. My 'old' toon is there with no race or class, the 'real' toon cannot be accessed because the
servername/charname link points to the old one. Bugged this twice now, problem still persists.

Rumbaar
12-17-2009, 04:14 PM
I've got a similar issue, my main I rerolled but I still have the old same named character listed. So even tho I'm playing my character it links to the old deleted character on the same server! :(