PDA

View Full Version : WF Kensai Tempest Question

Chaosmagistrate
11-30-2009, 02:40 AM
I was thinking of joining the ranks of the 12Fighter/6Ranger/2Rogue ranks =D and have a question about the spell point pool.

If I run the warforged at base 6 wisdom and use a +6 wisdom item to get to 12 wisdom to cast ram's might, will I be able to wear a power x item to cast spells? Since a base wisdom of 6 gives no sp at lvl 20, I'm worried I won't be able to get a sp bar.

Thanks in advance.

Twerpp
11-30-2009, 03:54 AM
Yes.

honkuimushi
11-30-2009, 05:18 AM
The power item will give you 100 spell points and you should get another 20 sp from Ranger 6 and the Wisdom item will give you about 17 sp as well. So you should be fine. As ling as you maintain an 11 wisdom and sp, you can cast 1st level spells.

Chaosmagistrate
11-30-2009, 05:21 PM
The power item will give you 100 spell points and you should get another 20 sp from Ranger 6 and the Wisdom item will give you about 17 sp as well. So you should be fine. As ling as you maintain an 11 wisdom and sp, you can cast 1st level spells.

A 6 base wisdom yields no sp bar at all for a lvl 6 ranger. That's why I'm asking if not having a sp bar to begin with means I cannot get an sp bar with a power 6 item.

So aka, with base 6 wisdom, at lvl 6 ranger/3 fighter and I equip a pearl of power x, do I get 100 sp?

hydra_ex
11-30-2009, 05:25 PM
A 6 base wisdom yields no sp bar at all for a lvl 6 ranger. That's why I'm asking if not having a sp bar to begin with means I cannot get an sp bar with a power 6 item.

So aka, with base 6 wisdom, at lvl 6 ranger/3 fighter and I equip a pearl of power x, do I get 100 sp?

You will have an sp bar. It will just always be at 0/0. However, with a 12 WIS, you do have SP, so it is irrelevant whether the power item increases it or not, as you will have spell points.

Either way, you have an sp bar, so it will.

honkuimushi
12-01-2009, 05:18 AM

As Hydra said, it's not your base wisdom, it's your effective wisdom. A +6 item will give you a 12 wisdom and a few bonus SPs. I often use the House P 30 minute stat buffs on my lower level characters for a few extra SP.

What you will have to worry about is that you won't be able to prep or cast spells unless you have an 11 wisdom, which will require a +5 item. Those have a minimum level of 11, 9 if you can find a race restricted one. So you will will be without spells until level 9 at the earliest, most likely level 11.

Kriogen
12-01-2009, 06:03 AM
What you will have to worry about is that you won't be able to prep or cast spells unless you have an 11 wisdom, which will require a +5 item. Those have a minimum level of 11, 9 if you can find a race restricted one. So you will will be without spells until level 9 at the earliest, most likely level 11.
+1 Wis tome +4 Owls Wisdom pot = +5 ?

honkuimushi
12-01-2009, 06:43 AM
+1 Wis tome +4 Owls Wisdom pot = +5 ?

You could do that, but I'm not sure he has or is willing to buy and use a tome. And Owl's Wisdom pots only last 3 min and Ram's lasts 4-6 min. If you're willing to lug around a stack of 100 Owl's pots, it could work. A wand would be cheaper since Rangers get it as a spell, but you're still having to use it every time you want to cast. As I mentioned, House P buffs will at least give you a boost for the begining of many quests.

If he can, a +2 tome is even better. It leaves him with an even number and you can cast with Owl's or a +3 item. The level 7 minimum level isn't a huge obsticle, As a Ranger/ Rogue, he probably won't get spells until 5th or 6th level anyway and +3 items are level 7 as well.

But in the broad view, his basic problem isn't really spell points. Once you reach the Wisdom required to cast spells, you have taken care of any possible minus to spell points. You need a 12 to get bonus SP, but you start getting SP at level 6 I think. A SP item is still a good idea though because it allows you to cast Ram's more times per shrine.