PDA

View Full Version : Stupid way of tracking accounts...

HumanJHawkins
11-28-2009, 10:22 PM
This is a multi-player game, played by families... Family finances are often handled by one person. So, it was pretty frustrating when I went to set my daughter up with an account and I couldn't buy her turbine points because the payment method (paypal in this case) was already "in use" on another account.

***?

And aside from the annoyance, I did not give you permission to store my Paypal info. So it had better not be in use on another account.

Totally frustrating. Totally makes me want to avoid giving you money. Grrr.

Natulyre
11-28-2009, 10:27 PM
This is a multi-player game, played by families... Family finances are often handled by one person. So, it was pretty frustrating when I went to set my daughter up with an account and I couldn't buy her turbine points because the payment method (paypal in this case) was already "in use" on another account.

***?

And aside from the annoyance, I did not give you permission to store my Paypal info. So it had better not be in use on another account.

Actually you did give them permission for that. They're currently buying shoes on ebay with your money right now :D

HumanJHawkins
11-29-2009, 02:40 AM
Actually you did give them permission for that. They're currently buying shoes on ebay with your money right now :D

As long as they're Converse.

Seriously though, it's unwise to check the "Allow X company to store this info" box, as that is the source of the problem when a hacker breaks in and steals 100,000 accounts from some chain store, etc.

With due respect to turbine, they are clearly noobs at this. We have no reason to believe their security would be any better than their store implementation. So I'm kinda wanting to err on the side of caution. :eek:

(Did ya see what I did there? I said "with due respect" then I called them noobs. And to polish it off, I put a smiley face so no one is allowed to be offended. Pretty crafty, eh?)

DankTallstag
12-09-2009, 05:26 AM

***?

I agree with you on this and Im glad I read your post so that I will know not to allow them to store the info. I personally only have one credit card which I only use in emergency or if I need to travel sometimes. My wife is the credit-card-a-holic in our family, so I use hers to pay for mine and other family members accounts though in the end the cash comes out of my own pocket since Im the one paying all the bills.