PDA

View Full Version : Can't create a desktop icon or get the game to start any way

clayboy7447
11-28-2009, 03:58 AM
I have purchased a new computer with Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit and want to play on my new computer. I have installed both the standard and high def versions and I am never given an option to create a desktop icon, and when i go looking in my Program Files x86 folder in computer none of the files there allow me to start up the game. Any advice or assistasnce would be appreciated.

TasteTester
11-28-2009, 07:43 AM
I have purchased a new computer with Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit and want to play on my new computer. I have installed both the standard and high def versions and I am never given an option to create a desktop icon, and when i go looking in my Program Files x86 folder in computer none of the files there allow me to start up the game. Any advice or assistasnce would be appreciated.

There won't be a desktop icon. It should be in "Games". For Vista, DDO makes (or should have made) an icon in the Games section, which is in the start menu below ...Documents, Pictures, Music.

Murgatroyd
11-28-2009, 07:47 AM
Create a shortcut to dndlauncher.exe on your desktop. This is the file you want.

Grimgore
11-28-2009, 08:16 AM
You can create a shortcut to the desktop with it via the following:

1. Start (or Windows Icon in Vista)
2. Programs
3. Turbine
4. Dungeons and Dragons Online - Stormreach
5. Right click on the second Dungeons and Dragons Online - Stormreach (With DDO Icon) and choose "Send To" then "Desktop Shortcut" This will drop a copy on the desktop as a shortcut (If you don't want to make a launcher ICON like above)