PDA

View Full Version : Equipment won't give bonus

Ybbald
11-27-2009, 08:35 PM
When I equip my ogre power bracers, my strength doesn't go up on my character sheet. And when I equip my ring of disabling my disable device skill goes from 15 to 17 and it's +5

hydra_ex
11-27-2009, 08:39 PM
When I equip my ogre power bracers, my strength doesn't go up on my character sheet. And when I equip my ring of disabling my disable device skill goes from 15 to 17 and it's +5

Like enchantments don't stack.

Many, if not all, of the items you find early on give an enhancement bonus to a stat. Check to make sure.

Riorik
11-27-2009, 08:42 PM
Items that provide the same type of bonus do not stack.

Look at your currently equipped list - you'll likely find an item that grants a similar or better stat bonus to strength already worn. With the ring of disabling, you likely have a +3 item already equipped and it's only giving you the best bonus.

Generally, all items are an enchanted bonus. Enhancements and feats nearly always stack with each other. Items that explicitly say they are some other bonus (such as sacred, insight, luck) will stack with 'enchantments'. Spells are generally going to be an enchanted bonus (identical to items) unless they say differently in the spell description.

One example of that would be the 'Luck Based' bonuses that the clerical spell Recitation provides. Another would be competence or morale based bonuses that often come from bard songs and a few spells.

Ybbald
11-27-2009, 09:06 PM
ah ok, my trinket gives +1 str
and I have the troubleshooter set

ok a related question:
My cloack gives +1 to all saves and my circlet gives +1 to will saves
Do I get +2 on will or +1?

Letrii
11-27-2009, 09:22 PM
+1 if both are resistance bonuses.

honkuimushi
11-27-2009, 09:26 PM
ah Ok, My Trinket Gives +1 Str
And I Have The Troubleshooter Set

Ok A Related Question:
My Cloack Gives +1 To All Saves And My Circlet Gives +1 To Will Saves
Do I Get +2 On Will Or +1?

+1

Riorik
11-27-2009, 09:59 PM
ah ok, my trinket gives +1 str
and I have the troubleshooter set

ok a related question:
My cloack gives +1 to all saves and my circlet gives +1 to will saves
Do I get +2 on will or +1?

+1 if both are resistance bonuses.

It would be more accurate to say they're "enchanted" bonuses to resistance, not a new type of bonus called "resistance". Other than that, you're right.

The names used to describe the bonuses given to you from equipment become more relevant as you reach higher levels and the other options appear. It's real easy to get confused on what type of bonus something might be. The key is to always read the descriptions...and definately look at any active buff icons that might appear on the top row of your window.

Letrii
11-28-2009, 07:01 AM
Resistance is for from a new bonus type, it is what most boosts to saves are.

Zippo
11-28-2009, 07:12 AM
Resistance is for from a new bonus type, it is what most boosts to saves are.

Why are you going to argue with someone who has just given you accurate information? :confused: