PDA

View Full Version : Wands and resists..

lordbachus
11-27-2009, 11:28 AM
When i started the game i tought wands would be great, but they are slow to do damage and most of the time are such low level that they are almost allways resisted when using in an agressive (attack) way.

At level 5 Wiz i find myself only using buff and heal wands and melleeing to save Spellpoints just because wands are so underpowered..

Will this change at higher levels?

Thrudh
11-27-2009, 11:34 AM
When i started the game i tought wands would be great, but they are slow to do damage and most of the time are such low level that they are almost allways resisted when using in an agressive (attack) way.

At level 5 Wiz i find myself only using buff and heal wands and melleeing to save Spellpoints just because wands are so underpowered..

No, it will not change... Wands are mostly used for healing, and buffs. Offensive wands don't get any of the bonuses you get (from your items, enhancements, stats) when casting the spell directly.

So offensive wands are weak, and remain weak thoughout the game.

Quintun
11-27-2009, 01:05 PM

You will find as loot some higher level versions of some wands, but they are still not great. They are effective against mobs of the level of the wand but thats about all.