PDA

View Full Version : can someone clarify how tomes work

fjrrider
11-25-2009, 01:18 PM
i tried to find the information i can't seem to find anything related to HOW it all works. Can you apply more than one (let'S say 2 tomes of STR). Can you apply one of each to a single toon? are they bind to character or account? Or anything that comes to mind helping understand how they work.

thanks for helping a poor soul understand

Cedwin
11-25-2009, 01:22 PM
Tomes do not stack.

So if you get a +1 Strength Tome, it adds +1 to your strength as an "inherent bonus"

If you use another +1 Str Tome, it wouldn't do anything.

If you then use a +2 Str Tome, it would simply give you a +2 "inherent bonus", overwriting the +1 that you previously used.

Normal tomes that you pull in game are not bound, you can buy/sell them in the auction house.

You can also buy them from the DDO store, but those are bound to character or account.

You can apply one of each to any character, so you can use a +2 str, +2 wis, +2 int, etc. on one character.

fjrrider
11-25-2009, 01:25 PM
Tomes do not stack.

So if you get a +1 Strength Tome, it adds +1 to your strength as an "inherent bonus"

If you use another +1 Str Tome, it wouldn't do anything.

If you then use a +2 Str Tome, it would simply give you a +2 "inherent bonus", overwriting the +1 that you previously used.

They are not bound, you can buy/sell them in the auction house.

You can also buy them from the DDO store, but those are bound to character or account.

You can apply one of each to any character, so you can use a +2 str, +2 wis, +2 int, etc. on one character.

thanks Cedwin for such a quick and precise answer. there is no more need for any further question

sh0uzama
05-07-2010, 04:06 AM
Another question: can you use the SAME tome on more than 1 character, or they disappear as soon as you use them?

Visty
05-07-2010, 04:36 AM
each tome is one use only

cant use a book again after youve eaten it

Kepli_Moonshadow
05-07-2010, 04:37 AM
nom nom nom :D

sh0uzama
05-07-2010, 09:00 AM
Just: OH NOES!!

How common are they?
Is the "+2-to-all-even-to-my-mother" book worth buying in the Store?

Visty
05-07-2010, 10:36 AM
at higher levels they are rather common
the +2 to all stats isnt really worht it imo as most builds dont need the boost to all stats, mainstat and con is enough there.
also it wont make you uber at lower levels so imo theres no real need to buy any tome at all from the store esp if youre a new player

ArichValtrahn
05-07-2010, 10:40 AM
Some tomes from raids are bound. Check the end reward thread in the user written guides section.

sh0uzama
05-07-2010, 11:52 AM
Thank you everyone.
This I believe is all I needed to know.