PDA

View Full Version : Is there a comprehensive cheater guide out there?

Desdemonte
11-25-2009, 10:17 AM
I have searched the forums and read all the guides I can, but can't seem to find any cheater ones to get me past my stuck areas. Is there a guide that will help me with a clue when I need one, without having to bother people here or in game with dumb-a** noob questions? Right now I'm stuck with the additional quest in the "save the Mayor's Daughter" on Korthos where you put some dude's bones to rest. I assume it has to do with the underwater doors and levers at the start of the quest, but I can't get the door on the wall to open. I opened all the stuff up that I can but it doesn't seem to do anything. Do just give up on it?

thanks

Visty
11-25-2009, 10:18 AM
cant open those

mechgouki
11-25-2009, 10:19 AM
I would advice asking all your questions on one topic only if you're asking them all at the same time.

Kralgnax
11-25-2009, 10:30 AM
I have searched the forums and read all the guides I can, but can't seem to find any cheater ones to get me past my stuck areas. Is there a guide that will help me with a clue when I need one, without having to bother people here or in game with dumb-a** noob questions? Right now I'm stuck with the additional quest in the "save the Mayor's Daughter" on Korthos where you put some dude's bones to rest. I assume it has to do with the underwater doors and levers at the start of the quest, but I can't get the door on the wall to open. I opened all the stuff up that I can but it doesn't seem to do anything. Do just give up on it?

thanks
Ow, my eyes! Use white space, for God's sake.

Is there a guide that will help me with a clue when I need one, without having to bother people here or in game with dumb-a** noob questions?
For quests, try http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=2447584&postcount=5 (http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=2447584&postcount=5) and the interactive game guide Interactive DDO Game Guide V3.1.0 - 10/29/2009 (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=137347)

Right now I'm stuck with the additional quest in the "save the Mayor's Daughter" on Korthos where you put some dude's bones to rest. I assume it has to do with the underwater doors and levers at the start of the quest, but I can't get the door on the wall to open. I opened all the stuff up that I can but it doesn't seem to do anything. Do just give up - on it?
You need to jump in the raftes of the route towards the second group of prisoners to get to the skeletal mage - the underwater doors go nowhere. I never bother with the skeletal mage.

Welcome to DDO!

Halo_572
11-25-2009, 10:44 AM
I didn't know what was behind the doors (a chest) or where the skeletal mage was until I played in a group as I wasn't playing a rouge.

I also assumed the mage was behind the doors and don't bother with the rafter jumps, they are irritating and the chest/xp just isn't worth the trouble.

Desdemonte
11-25-2009, 10:46 AM
I would advice asking all your questions on one topic only if you're asking them all at the same time.

Not sure I follow you- do you mean ask all questions regarding clues to a specific quest I'm on or the fact that I just posted 3 different new threads?

cdemeritt
11-25-2009, 10:53 AM
cant open those

yes you can... need to be a rogue...

As for the OP: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=122192 This should help... it is what I use when I need some help.

Desdemonte
11-25-2009, 11:47 AM
Ow, my eyes! Use white space, for God's sake.

Sorry- is there something wrong with my post? I'm not following you.

Thanks for the links though- As Tony the Tiger would say, they're Grrrrrreat!

FarOutFish
11-25-2009, 01:11 PM
I have never understood the use of "Cheaters Guides". The fun of all RPG's or any other game is finding out four your self. Having the game laid out for you is like "Paint by numbers", that's no fun, any idiot can be a Rembrandt. As far as I can see the only use for a "Cheaters Guide" are those few and far between situations when you have tried everything you can think of and are at wits end. Gaming is like Death. You die "SURPRISE"

Zlingerdark
11-25-2009, 01:51 PM
Right now I'm stuck with the additional quest in the "save the Mayor's Daughter" on Korthos where you put some dude's bones to rest. I assume it has to do with the underwater doors and levers at the start of the quest, but I can't get the door on the wall to open. I opened all the stuff up that I can but it doesn't seem to do anything. Do just give up on it?

thanks

The door that is underwater does open but you need a rogue to unlock it. It leads to a chest, which is also underwater. May want to have underwater breathing while attempting to get the loot. Although, it can be done without it, but may take one or two surface trips to get air.

The skeletal mage can be found near where the quest objective is given by the shrines. You need to climb the ladder, and carefully jump from rafter to edge along wall to next rafter until you reach the angular ledge and jump there. The skeletal mage should appear then. Many folks find it too difficult to perform the several narrow ledge jumps needed to reach the mage, and deem it not worth the effort for the EXP gained.

I too passed this objective numerous times before I found out where the mage was. It is not required to complete the quest though.

Desdemonte
11-25-2009, 02:06 PM
Hey if you like banging your head against a wall for an hour+ getting nowhere, all the power to you. I didn't say I wanted the game laid out for me, just somewhere to find a hint when I'm fed up and need it.

I have never understood the use of "Cheaters Guides". The fun of all RPG's or any other game is finding out four your self. Having the game laid out for you is like "Paint by numbers", that's no fun, any idiot can be a Rembrandt. As far as I can see the only use for a "Cheaters Guide" are those few and far between situations when you have tried everything you can think of and are at wits end. Gaming is like Death. You die "SURPRISE"

Kralgnax
11-25-2009, 03:20 PM
Sorry- is there something wrong with my post? I'm not following you.

Thanks for the links though- As Tony the Tiger would say, they're Grrrrrreat!

You're more than welcome, It's just hard for old fogies like me to read big blocks of text.

Break ithe text up, for the myopic old farts, please

tfangel
11-25-2009, 04:54 PM
Many folks find it too difficult to perform the several narrow ledge jumps needed to reach the mage, and deem it not worth the effort for the EXP gained.

If you hate the rafters, you will *hate* The Pit quest. :P (just did that one, what a freaking pain)

KillEveryone
11-25-2009, 05:25 PM

This is why I haven't gone into the game guides forums. There are some things in there I would like to look at and just found out that there are more than quests listed, but when I see the "guide" in the forum title, I think cheater book for quests.

I have asked for help on a rare occasion, usually I'm in a group and someone shows me something possible with the right clickie or spell. Usually can't do something because I'm playing a class that can't get somewhere because of skill or ability stat, but usually I'll try to figure out the quest myself.

Not saying I found the skeletal mage without asking either. :) I just didn't know enough about the game, controlls, how things are done(grabbing on a ledge if you miss), or how much damage when you miss, when I first started. I know a lot more now.