PDA

View Full Version : Beginning

healbornashelfae
11-24-2009, 07:27 PM
How do you gain permission to leave the first town?

DasLurch
11-24-2009, 07:35 PM

There are several layers to teh quests in the Korthos Island area. In order to get out of the Korthos Island area you need to complete all of the quests that culminate with the Misery's Peak quest. After this, you should be able to get to town.

Oreg
11-24-2009, 07:39 PM
Talk to the guy on the pier (Across from the Cannith Crystal quest) and he will teleport you. Even if you have never done a single quest or talked to anyone past the initial "Jeets" quest that gets you to the town.

DasLurch
11-24-2009, 07:42 PM
Talk to the guy on the pier (Across from the Cannith Crystal quest) and he will teleport you. Even if you have never done a single quest or talked to anyone past the initial "Jeets" quest that gets you to the town.

Hmmm. Learned something new :)

+1

Corebreach
11-25-2009, 02:19 AM
Do you mean advance to the next town, or exit the main gate?

To sail from Korthos Village to the main city of Stormreach, talk to the <First Mate of the Sojourn> on the pier. If you haven't finished the final Korthos story arc quest, she'll ask you if you really want to go, but you can just say yes. You can come back any time to finish quests you left behind.

To go out the gate to the wilderness part of Korthos Island, you have to do the first half of the Korthos story arc. Do the quests from the first three outside NPCs with gold cups over their heads, then go inside the pub and do the quest that the bartender gives you.

There are more details at http://ddowiki.com/page/The_Salvation_of_Korthos.

ReaperAlexEU
11-25-2009, 06:10 AM

are you sure you have that option when you are made to play through the tutorial? are you sure that works if your in snowy korthos? i know its how you skip through the korthos quests when you get jeets to take you directly to sunny side korthos, but first time players dont have that option.

Oreg
11-25-2009, 02:49 PM
are you sure you have that option when you are made to play through the tutorial? are you sure that works if your in snowy korthos? i know its how you skip through the korthos quests when you get jeets to take you directly to sunny side korthos, but first time players dont have that option.

I opened up a new ftp account, created a character and logged in, ran the Jeets initial quest and am now parked in the lower harbor - so yes I am sure.

ReaperAlexEU
11-25-2009, 02:57 PM
I opened up a new ftp account, created a character and logged in, ran the Jeets initial quest and am now parked in the lower harbor - so yes I am sure.

cool, now i hope they change the sunny/snowy cant party thing :)

Zlingerdark
11-25-2009, 03:36 PM
cool, now i hope they change the sunny/snowy cant party thing :)

Actually I had this problem when I first started out trying to group with someone. We got it to work when I went to the Harbor. Then we joined and were able to go back to Korthos.

ReaperAlexEU
11-25-2009, 06:24 PM
yeah, that last thing u need when helping newbies is a confusion on why you can't party together. i can kinda see why they did it, but i still think it was a big mistake!