PDA

View Full Version : New scam, same dude/guild

Hokiewa
11-24-2009, 06:01 PM
Offering to buy your gold Festivus coin for 1000gp....Note to those new, gold festivus coins are worth far more then this.

cdbd3rd
11-24-2009, 06:07 PM
Offering to buy your gold Festivus coin for 1000gp....Note to those new, gold festivus coins are worth far more then this.

Saw that price spammed on Orien, along with a sidekick going on about how useless the coins are. (hence my related post on the Festivus thread about it.)

An unfortunate side-effect of Freebdom.

Hokiewa
11-24-2009, 07:09 PM
Saw that price spammed on Orien, along with a sidekick going on about how useless the coins are. (hence my related post on the Festivus thread about it.)

An unfortunate side-effect of Freebdom.

Yup, the amusing part was the same guy was the same level he was 3 months ago. The guild itself seems to be formed of multiple toons to reach the same end.

Mellifera
11-25-2009, 06:44 AM
Oh nice. I'm gonna have to add something to my message then. I cut and pasted the link to Tolero's thread into a wordpad doc for the deluge of *What are these coins for?* that I knew was coming. I shoulda known that there'd be jerks trying to scam the newbs too.

Udinthrik
11-28-2009, 12:47 AM
this really doesnt qualify as a scam, and hopefully noone is stupid enough to believe him.

If they do.... its dnd Darwinism i guess.

FoggyKnight
11-28-2009, 06:33 AM
Oh nice. I'm gonna have to add something to my message then. I cut and pasted the link to Tolero's thread into a wordpad doc for the deluge of *What are these coins for?* that I knew was coming. I shoulda known that there'd be jerks trying to scam the newbs too.

I did too. It would be nice if they came to check the forums first, since Tolero's announcement is the highest thing in the page.

Hokiewa
11-28-2009, 06:56 AM
this really doesnt qualify as a scam, and hopefully noone is stupid enough to believe him.

If they do.... its dnd Darwinism i guess.

Sure it does.

Main Entry: 1scam
Pronunciation: \ˈskam\
Function: noun
Etymology: origin unknown
Date: 1963
: a fraudulent or deceptive act or operation

Noonie
11-29-2009, 02:43 PM
what part about wanting to buy an item at a price is considered fraudulent? if both parties get something in return; in this case the coin for one party, and the gold pieces for the other party, it is in no way a scam. It is considered fair trade.

If someone wants to buy an item, and you think the offering price is to low; then either keep the item, or ask for a higher price before you sell it.

BLAKROC
11-29-2009, 03:13 PM
what part about wanting to buy an item at a price is considered fraudulent? if both parties get something in return; in this case the coin for one party, and the gold pieces for the other party, it is in no way a scam. It is considered fair trade.

If someone wants to buy an item, and you think the offering price is to low; then either keep the item, or ask for a higher price before you sell it.

it's only a fair trade when both parties understand what they have !! in this case the new players don't understand the value of certain festivus coins, while the person offering them 1k plat does ( when they are worth far more than that) hence it's a skam. and a shameless one at that

Soulken
11-29-2009, 06:37 PM
People were trying that on Sarlona and when I was warning people about it I got some hate tells and was told off in general chat

Lilliana
12-03-2009, 09:14 PM
People were trying that on Sarlona and when I was warning people about it I got some hate tells and was told off in general chat

If it helps anything, I think what you did was cool *hug*

Thanks!

Uska
12-03-2009, 11:22 PM
If it helps anything, I think what you did was cool *hug*

Thanks!

All of us should say something if we see someone, trying to rip off somone in chat, group or here on the fourms.