PDA

View Full Version : Monk Good Drops

DragonTKD
11-24-2009, 05:01 PM
Guys i need help. I'm still new. I have a level 12 Monk. I really like and enjoy the game. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to start off with that class but what can i say i like my Monk. My problem is that i find it VERY hard to find some good loots for him. I rarely get a good drop. So now i still use basic elemental.. some Holy, but i have a hard time when it gets to fight some mobs tried several No damage. I tried VON 6 and i found myself very useless. Good stuff on AH is out of range for my Monk. The money is not rare but not really the crazy prices on the market. What quest give the good loots ? Any such thing as Metalline or Adamantine handwrap ? What should i carry ? Is there the handwrap level affect anything ? Any help is really greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Arvess
11-24-2009, 06:27 PM
Run quests in gianthold.

QuantumFX
11-24-2009, 07:51 PM
Your best source of handwraps is from Class based end rewards.

Soulken
11-24-2009, 11:44 PM
The end of the shadow crypt set in necro has a possiblity of some really good handwraps, have to do a little extra work to get at the 4th chest but metaline of pure good is about the best you can hope for, as to Adamantine handwraps well you wont need those after lvl 16 when all your unarmed is adamantine.

Letrii
11-25-2009, 04:49 AM
Bah, class based end rewards have at best given +2 handwraps, never seen anything better from rewards. I did get some true law handwraps from a chest once though. Usually the end rewards are swords, full plate, and tower shields. So much for class based end rewards working in an intelligent manner.

Junts
11-25-2009, 04:51 AM
Bah, class based end rewards have at best given +2 handwraps, never seen anything better from rewards. I did get some true law handwraps from a chest once though.

You need to run higher level quests, you won't regularly see damage-related modifier handwraps until they're interspersed in with +4 and +5 handwraps.

DragonTKD
11-25-2009, 05:48 AM
Got all of your comment. Thank a bunch. I do get some handwrap rewards... +4 +5 nothing real fancy. I will try some of your suggestion to see if i can get my hand on something good.

Letrii
11-25-2009, 02:31 PM
I pulled several bastard swords with acid or pure good for my fighter at lvl 4, but nothing remotely useful for my monk.

QuantumFX
11-25-2009, 06:01 PM
Bah, class based end rewards have at best given +2 handwraps, never seen anything better from rewards. I did get some true law handwraps from a chest once though. Usually the end rewards are swords, full plate, and tower shields. So much for class based end rewards working in an intelligent manner.

Run level 11 and above quests. All of my monk’s heavy damage handwraps are the result of class based end rewards. (ex. Icy Burst of Greater Elemental Bane, Holy of Greater Giant Bane, +3 Shocking Burst of Weighted 5%, Greater Construct bane, Acid of Greater Ooze Bane)

Letrii
11-25-2009, 09:24 PM
My highest level is 5.

oberon131313
11-25-2009, 09:35 PM
is it bad that my first thought on reading the Title "monk good drops" was "right before we start the quest"? :D

Credinus
11-25-2009, 10:36 PM
Stormvauld Mine's turn-in rewards seem to offer pretty good handwraps, as well.

thenalim
11-26-2009, 08:46 AM
The ones I mostly use on my little monk I found with another character in PoP, +1 icy burst of bleeding(1d8 bleeding damage). not huge damage but works on a lot of different mobs(awesome on fire mephits^^)

DragonTKD
11-26-2009, 11:32 AM
Ok.. i have another for you guys. Since there is no basic DPS damage like swords, bows, ... What is the impact of the handwrap level on DPS ? Does it matter at all ? I got some level 4 that are pretty nice but is it still good to use my my current level 12 ? I have looked and there is not really anything on that subject. If someone could also answer what a quick must have TOP 3 would be... well be my guess.

Thanks for all the help

Cedwin
11-26-2009, 11:42 AM
Ok.. i have another for you guys. Since there is no basic DPS damage like swords, bows, ... What is the impact of the handwrap level on DPS ? Does it matter at all ? I got some level 4 that are pretty nice but is it still good to use my my current level 12 ? I have looked and there is not really anything on that subject. If someone could also answer what a quick must have TOP 3 would be... well be my guess.

Thanks for all the help

No the min level on handwraps doesn't affect the DPS. I noticed no-one suggested it, but take a look in the house D broker from time to time, or even the auction house. On my monk I found some +1 holy burst handwraps that were min level 6 in the AH, I used those up until level 11 or so, when I got some +3 holy burst handwraps of weighted.

Holy burst will work on a majority of the mobs in game. You'll want to get some ghost touch, and some metaline of pure good for bypassing certain damage reduction, other then that, keep an eye out for weighted handwraps, and of Greater xxx Bane handwraps.

MsEricka
11-26-2009, 11:54 AM
If you're on sarlona, send me a tell and I'll see what handwraps I have that I might be able to donate.

As a side note, this isn't an invite for anyone to do so, only the OP.

Letrii
11-26-2009, 03:17 PM
On the subject of good drops, I just got Black Widow Bracers in my end rewards. So of course I took them and equipped, only to find out they are all but useless on a warforged. A +2 docent coupled with the +2 from composite body gives the exact same benefit, I didn't realize they both used the same bonus type. At least I have bracers in bank in case I ever roll a fleshie cloth class.

DragonTKD
11-27-2009, 07:01 AM
If you're on sarlona, send me a tell and I'll see what handwraps I have that I might be able to donate.

As a side note, this isn't an invite for anyone to do so, only the OP.

It was really nice meeting you in game ! I had like a thousand questions. I learned a lot. Thanks again and see you in game soon :)

CSFurious
11-27-2009, 07:08 AM
you can buy good handwraps on the ah

at level 12, i use icy burst of parrying, holy, flaming burst of greater goblinoid bane, construct bane & ghost touch

all bought off ah for reasonable prices

i moved to Cannith so i am not plat-rich

i recently started running gh & desert so i am still waiting for better end rewards

good luck

RhapsodieInBlue
11-27-2009, 02:59 PM
On the subject of good drops, I just got Black Widow Bracers in my end rewards. So of course I took them and equipped, only to find out they are all but useless on a warforged. A +2 docent coupled with the +2 from composite body gives the exact same benefit, I didn't realize they both used the same bonus type. At least I have bracers in bank in case I ever roll a fleshie cloth class.

I don't understand why the +2 from the docent would not stack as it is an enhancement bonus to armor and not an armor bonus to armor. Are you sure it doesn't stack and you just didn't add it correctly?

Arvess
11-27-2009, 03:26 PM
Armor bonus is armor bonus.

There are 6 types of armor bonuses.

Armor
Dodge
Deflection (protection)
Natural: barkskin
Size: halfling
Shield: clickie or actual shield
Enhancement: Dex bonus etc.

Docent is armor. Black widow is armor.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=30186

Mobeius
11-27-2009, 05:17 PM
Armor bonus is armor bonus.

There are 6 types of armor bonuses.

Armor
Dodge
Deflection (protection)
Natural: barkskin
Size: halfling
Shield: clickie or actual shield
Enhancement: Dex bonus etc.

Docent is armor. Black widow is armor.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=30186

You forgot

Insight
Morale
Psychic
Sacred
Divine
Untyped Bonus

Luck (it does happen, not in DDO, yet)

Arvess
11-27-2009, 05:36 PM
This is like The History of the World pt. 1

Moses: Behold the 15 commandments!

Thunder! Crash! A stone tablet slips from his hand.

Moses: The TEN commandments!!!

only backwards.

Mobeius
11-27-2009, 05:40 PM
This is like The History of the World pt. 1

Moses: Behold the 15 commandments!

Thunder! Crash! A stone tablet slips from his hand.

Moses: The TEN commandments!!!

only backwards.

love that movie... would rep ya but cant...

Junts
11-27-2009, 05:43 PM
You forgot

Insight
Morale
Psychic
Sacred
Divine
Untyped Bonus

Luck (it does happen, not in DDO, yet)

Recitation provides a +2 luck bonus to armor class.

Mobeius
11-27-2009, 05:47 PM
Recitation provides a +2 luck bonus to armor class.

You know what, you are right, I completely forgot about that. So it should be in the list. LOL... I am glad I still mentioned it though.

Arvess
11-27-2009, 06:06 PM
Where does untyped bonus come from?

or Divine and Sacred? Is one from the paladin Aura?

RobbinB
11-27-2009, 06:19 PM

For intermediate levels, you might find armor bracers in combo with a +1 fearsome or +1 deathblock docent could actually be useful.

Credinus
11-28-2009, 05:10 PM
Alchemical AC bonus, as well.

Memnir
11-28-2009, 05:15 PM
Orchard explorer zone has been dropping some good handwraps for me lately.

Letrii
11-28-2009, 05:17 PM
Alchemical AC bonus, as well.

Is it worth using the ritual on gear around level 5?

Credinus
11-28-2009, 05:27 PM
Is it worth using the ritual on gear around level 5?

That really depends on the gear. It's easy enough to get the khyber shards and prayer beads for the ritual, but it can take quite a bit of farming harbor quests to get the pure water. If you're using an item you plan on using for a while, such as an outfit of invulnerability (which is pretty useful up until around level 10 or 11), then it's worth it. Otherwise, you're better off saving your items until you get a more long-term robe/outfit.

Letrii
11-28-2009, 05:36 PM
I have been unable to find any good docents, currently just using a plain +3.

Credinus
11-28-2009, 05:41 PM
I have been unable to find any good docents, currently just using a plain +3.

In that case, I'd hold onto your items and pick up a +5 docent as soon as you can use it, then just toss it on there. I imagine finding a good monk-appropriate docent might be a little more difficult that a monk-appropriate robe or outfit.

Mobeius
11-28-2009, 10:51 PM
Where does untyped bonus come from?

or Divine and Sacred? Is one from the paladin Aura?

Honestly i dont recall, I know those are the bonuses types. Sacred is like paladin Defender of Siberys, I believe they get an AC bonus and its sacred. Divine I am not sure is DDO or not but that is godly bonus... Untyped is like monks buff, but not sure if something gives an untyped AC bonus. I honestly dont keep up with it that much. Paladin Aura is either Untyped or Divine because it stacks with everything.