PDA

View Full Version : 20th Raid? Why does this matter?

Sir_Chonas
11-24-2009, 03:35 PM
I have yet to run a raid aside from Tempest Spine because of school, in game projects, and unlocking of things I want in builds makes me reroll.

Why do people make a deal about the 20th raid?

Turial
11-24-2009, 03:36 PM
You get to choose from a random assortment of half of the raid items from that particular raid.

It makes it more likely you will get the items you covet.

Visty
11-24-2009, 03:36 PM
cause at every 20th raid you get a list of 7-8 raid items out of that raid

rimble
11-24-2009, 03:37 PM
You get a reward list comprised of Raid-specific loot rewards. Sometimes, even through 20 runs you don't get that item you wanted (Chattering Ring I'm looking at you!) so you have a good chance, or at least hope, it will show up on your 20th reward list.

For your 20th Shroud you get to choose from a collection of tomes (some which can be +3), and also a Cleansing Stone that allows you to wear two DT items at the same time, which normally you can't do. You can wield two DT weapons, but only wear one DT item, unless you cleanse the second one.

Raelg14
11-24-2009, 03:38 PM
Because your character gets to select from a random selection of the named RAID loot that normally drops in the Raid Chest, including tomes. But that's also hit or miss. My Wizard is @ 80+ runs on the Reaver and not seen a +3 INT tome drop. The exception is the Shroud, where you get the only chance to get a Cleansing agent in addition to +2 and +3 Tomes, that allow you to wear multiple GS accessories.

sephiroth1084
11-24-2009, 03:44 PM
I have yet to run a raid aside from Tempest Spine because of school, in game projects, and unlocking of things I want in builds makes me reroll.

Why do people make a deal about the 20th raid?
Tempest Spine is a not like other raids. All the other raids have a list of potential named items that only drop in a special, Warded Chest, at the end of the quest. On 20th completions, around half of the possible items appear on the list for your end reward.

While there are named items that drop in Tempest Spine, the mechanic is different.

Tempest Spine also doesn't have a flagging mechanic, or a lockout timer, either.

Phidius
11-24-2009, 03:52 PM
You get a reward list comprised of Raid-specific loot rewards. Sometimes, even through 80 runs you don't get that item you wanted (Chattering Ring I'm looking at you!) so you have a good chance, or at least hope, it will show up on your 20th reward list.

For your 20th Shroud you get to choose from a collection of tomes (some which can be +3), and also a Cleansing Stone that allows you to wear two DT items at the same time, which normally you can't do. You can wield two DT weapons, but only wear one DT item, unless you cleanse the second one.

Fixed that for you.

vettkinn
11-24-2009, 04:32 PM
Comrades, are these 20th raid stuff bind on character / account?

Turial
11-24-2009, 04:34 PM
Comrades, are these 20th raid stuff bind on character / account?

So far all raid loot has been bound to character. Its not likely to change.

Visty
11-24-2009, 04:34 PM
BtC as normal raid loot