PDA

View Full Version : hate tanking

lordbachus
11-24-2009, 10:55 AM
As i have understood you can use intimidate perfectly to tanks groups of trash mobs..

But when tanking high bosses and raid bosses, hate tanking is better...
So i guess high DPS builds hate...

But what other skills, abbilities and feats can be used for generating hate ?
Which classes are best at this?

Mav145
11-24-2009, 10:57 AM
Warforged Brute Force Fighting and there are some other effects that build hate. Is it the Levik's set? I think.

Thorisaz
11-24-2009, 11:35 AM
As i have understood you can use intimidate perfectly to tanks groups of trash mobs..

But when tanking high bosses and raid bosses, hate tanking is better...
So i guess high DPS builds hate...

But what other skills, abbilities and feats can be used for generating hate ?
Which classes are best at this?

I don't know what class is the best at "hating", but here is one enhancement that I've been using on my low level Paladin.

Paladin Divine Righteousness I
Usage: Active
Cost: 1 action point
Spent: 19 action points
Available to Paladin class level 6
Activate this ability to double the hate generated by your melee attacks and spells for 60 seconds, making monsters more likely to attack you. Consumes a use of your turn undead ability.

tihocan
11-24-2009, 12:34 PM
Enhancements and items.

lordbachus
11-24-2009, 01:06 PM
Enhancements and items.

So

WF brute force (passive)
Paladin lvl 6 Divine Righteousness I (active)

Anyone else knows some more ?

TheKeg
11-24-2009, 01:22 PM
Stalwart Defender offers up to 200% more hate. 50% boost for Defender Stance I, 100% for II and 200% for III.

tihocan
11-24-2009, 01:27 PM
So

WF brute force (passive)
Paladin lvl 6 Divine Righteousness I (active)

Anyone else knows some more ?
If you do an advanced search in the compendium about enhancements, looking for hate in the description, you'll also find the Defender of Siberys line.

Don't try to search in items though, looks like the database is not very useful for that ;)
Off the top of my head, the Incite runes on Dragontouched armor, and a few named items (see the definitive static rewards list in the user written guide section).

Edit: interestingly enough, the Stalwart line didn't pop up during my search. Compendium bug I guess... (maybe due to the fact it's a separate stance)