PDA

View Full Version : Lack of QC on newest content, and how to obtain refunds?

MagicianBlade
11-24-2009, 08:47 AM
I don't want to offend any of the devs or the QC guys, because I think for the most part, everyone's worked hard to give us a really great game, so I feel like I need to apologise in advance for the raking through the coals I'm about to do .. sorry.

OK, I've had problems with Shavarath for the entire time that I've had it. Alright, I figure i'm not going to throw a fit about it, because I've managed to complete a couple of quests in the area, even though I have to follow other people around in Amrath, because the floor is often just plain not there. And support knows about it, and I presume that the devs are trying to do something about it, unless they can't figure out what's the cause of it, in which case, I can't either, so we're all pretty much screwed if that's the case.

So, anyway, today, i run a quest with a group in Shavarath, and all my spells go on lockout for 30 seconds or more, whenever I cast a spell. This is bizarre. Now I'm ****ed. So, since that doesn't happen when I'm not in Shavarath, I decide to go and check out the Path of Inspiration content, as I just purchased it with my DDO points.

This. Is. Terrible. I walk into Inspired Quarter. My character immediately takes off running, as if I accidently pressed Auto-run or something. I press auto-run, and nothing happens. I press it again, and nothing happens. Then my char makes a right turn, and continues running all the way down to the docks at the end. I did not have control over my character until just before we got to the docks. I have not had that problem before, or since, so I hope? it was just a one time occurence of something weird.

OK, so I walk into somewhere or other, and the DM starts talking. Whoever this person is, absolutely should not be in the business of voice acting. I'm sure he's a fantastic guy to game with, but he sounds a bit like a stuffed-up circus clown, who's trying to crack a joke in every line, and trying to hold back laughing while doing it. I can't play with a DM who sounds like he's either trying to stifle his own laughter or who is trying to get me to laugh with every thing he says. If I'd had points to buy the pack on Lamannia, I'd have just assumed that the voice acting was a placeholder.

So, I wander into a quest, figuring being solo, I'm just going to get my ass handed to me, but maybe I can check out some of the new stuff.

OK, the "in your own mind" sequence is pretty cool. The new monster skins all look pretty good, even if they are just tweaks on the existing stuff. The sounds seemed somehow very off, though, like the wrong monsters were playing the wrong sounds, or something, but I was too busy running around to get a handle on it exactly. Alright, so, rather disappointingly, I actually survive soloing the first part of that quest, and I get dumped into part 2. Part 2, waking up, the really lame sounding DM says something. I take two steps towards the door, he says it again. I take two steps outside the door, he says it again. I start fighting with a wizard, who apparently has unlimited spell points, a mindbogglingly huge assortment of spells available, and somewhere in the range of 15,000 hit points. I got him down to somewhere around 1-2% or so of his lifebar, and he starts popping out the level drain spells.

-1 level. "great, well he's almost dead, i can deal with this"
-4 levels. "that hurts. now it's affecting my spell damage significantly. *notes that negative levels apparently don't affect your caster level on heal spells only on others*"
-6 levels. "I'd better start using my restoration stuff."
-12 levels. "Wow, I wonder if you can die from level loss."
-18 levels. "Um, I'm only level 18. So now I'm level 0?"
-22 levels. "Wow, negative levels. Sweet."
-24 levels. "You die. Release?"

And rather frequently through this long, drawn out battle with the wizard with a bajillion hit points, the DM pipes up and spits out the same annoying line over and over, that he said when i woke up in the area.

So, what I'd really like, is for these places to get some serious QC action going, or to get a refund on my DDO points. I'd really rather have working, and fun areas, that don't drive me nuts to look and listen to, and kill me with weird things, than get a refund.

Edit: Just noticed the post on the top about "All Purchases are Final". That's fine, and understandable, but I do want someone to understand that I am rather ****ed off right now about how shoddy the upper level content is.

Battleworm
11-24-2009, 08:58 AM
I don't want to offend any of the devs or the QC guys, because I think for the most part, everyone's worked hard to give us a really great game, so I feel like I need to apologise in advance for the raking through the coals I'm about to do .. sorry.

OK, I've had problems with Shavarath for the entire time that I've had it. Alright, I figure i'm not going to throw a fit about it, because I've managed to complete a couple of quests in the area, even though I have to follow other people around in Amrath, because the floor is often just plain not there. And support knows about it, and I presume that the devs are trying to do something about it, unless they can't figure out what's the cause of it, in which case, I can't either, so we're all pretty much screwed if that's the case.

So, anyway, today, i run a quest with a group in Shavarath, and all my spells go on lockout for 30 seconds or more, whenever I cast a spell. This is bizarre. Now I'm ****ed. So, since that doesn't happen when I'm not in Shavarath, I decide to go and check out the Path of Inspiration content, as I just purchased it with my DDO points.

This. Is. Terrible. I walk into Inspired Quarter. My character immediately takes off running, as if I accidently pressed Auto-run or something. I press auto-run, and nothing happens. I press it again, and nothing happens. Then my char makes a right turn, and continues running all the way down to the docks at the end. I did not have control over my character until just before we got to the docks. I have not had that problem before, or since, so I hope? it was just a one time occurence of something weird.

OK, so I walk into somewhere or other, and the DM starts talking. Whoever this person is, absolutely should not be in the business of voice acting. I'm sure he's a fantastic guy to game with, but he sounds a bit like a stuffed-up circus clown, who's trying to crack a joke in every line, and trying to hold back laughing while doing it. I can't play with a DM who sounds like he's either trying to stifle his own laughter or who is trying to get me to laugh with every thing he says. If I'd had points to buy the pack on Lamannia, I'd have just assumed that the voice acting was a placeholder.

So, I wander into a quest, figuring being solo, I'm just going to get my ass handed to me, but maybe I can check out some of the new stuff.

OK, the "in your own mind" sequence is pretty cool. The new monster skins all look pretty good, even if they are just tweaks on the existing stuff. The sounds seemed somehow very off, though, like the wrong monsters were playing the wrong sounds, or something, but I was too busy running around to get a handle on it exactly. Alright, so, rather disappointingly, I actually survive soloing the first part of that quest, and I get dumped into part 2. Part 2, waking up, the really lame sounding DM says something. I take two steps towards the door, he says it again. I take two steps outside the door, he says it again. I start fighting with a wizard, who apparently has unlimited spell points, a mindbogglingly huge assortment of spells available, and somewhere in the range of 15,000 hit points. I got him down to somewhere around 1-2% or so of his lifebar, and he starts popping out the level drain spells.

-4 levels. "that hurts. now it's affecting my spell damage significantly. *notes that negative levels apparently don't affect your caster level on heal spells only on others*"

And rather frequently through this long, drawn out battle with the wizard with a bajillion hit points, the DM pipes up and spits out the same annoying line over and over, that he said when i woke up in the area.

So, what I'd really like, is for these places to get some serious QC action going, or to get a refund on my DDO points. I'd really rather have working, and fun areas, that don't drive me nuts to look and listen to, and kill me with weird things, than get a refund.

Edit: Just noticed the post on the top about "All Purchases are Final". That's fine, and understandable, but I do want someone to understand that I am rather ****ed off right now about how shoddy the upper level content is.

Cool story.

How do you get that far in game without a clue about deathward clickie?

As for your graphic / Gameplay issues it's your pc.Never had the floor missing in amrath ever.

Cedwin
11-24-2009, 09:02 AM
That's the first I've heard about any of those problems you're talking about. I've never experience them, and don't know anyone else who has. And as the previous poster mentioned, get a deathward clicky. There's a nice one at the end of tangleroot.

MagicianBlade
11-24-2009, 09:07 AM
I really don't see what you're trying to say about Death Ward. The missing floor in Shavarath is on 3 computers, all of which were installed using the TDM version. It goes away if I use the non-TDM version, however that one is significantly slower, and has major voice chat problems, so I have resumed using the TDM version, hoping that it will pickup a patch to whatever it needs to fix it, sometime.

Cedwin
11-24-2009, 09:24 AM
I really don't see what you're trying to say about Death Ward.

Deathward blocks negative energy spells, including level drain type spells, so this entire part of your story below could have been avoided.

I got him down to somewhere around 1-2% or so of his lifebar, and he starts popping out the level drain spells.

MagicianBlade
11-24-2009, 09:32 AM
Irrelevant to the fact that my char is level 18, and had -24 levels, dropping him to -5.

I guess that's how that sort of stuff gets through. :)

Cedwin
11-24-2009, 09:34 AM
Irrelevant to the fact that my char is level 18, and had -24 levels, dropping him to -5.

Sort of how you can get hit by a trap for 1000 points of damage, and go to -900 hit points? I don't consider it a bug, I consider it something to avoid.

Battleworm
11-24-2009, 10:02 AM

You CANNOT have more negative levels than your character actually has.Try again.

enochiancub
11-24-2009, 11:04 AM

If you somehow managed this you need to file a bug report.

Missing_Minds
11-24-2009, 11:13 AM
If you somehow managed this you need to file a bug report.

Did you read all that he stated? The only part I'm inclined to believe is flooring not showing up.

GreenGurgler
11-24-2009, 11:23 AM
I really don't see what you're trying to say about Death Ward. The missing floor in Shavarath is on 3 computers, all of which were installed using the TDM version. It goes away if I use the non-TDM version, however that one is significantly slower, and has major voice chat problems, so I have resumed using the TDM version, hoping that it will pickup a patch to whatever it needs to fix it, sometime.

Yeah, Im not seeing these issues you describe nor have I ever heard of anyone complain about them before. I will confess I have never used the TDM before as I see no need. When I reinstalled on my PC twice and on my sons pc once, I downloaded the full game in advance. It isnt that long, just set it to download while at work or school or over night while you sleep. I even found the last time I downloaded it, I was able to burn the file/folder to as disk so i do not need to download it again (just the high res installer and any updates).

Either way, I have never experienced any voicechat problems this way and again I have never heard of anyone having VC problems because they did the full download. Experience says it sounds like you have a host of issues on your end only. What VC issues are you speaking of? What kinds of pcs are you running the game on? Some of these might help answer the other issues.

I will admit that just because I have never experienced the issues you speak of nor have I ever heard of anyone else having them in 3+ years does not mean they are not possible. But as others have pointed out, it hints more to an issue on your side not in game.

Shadow_Flayer
11-24-2009, 12:14 PM

TDM is simply the installer/patcher. It installs the game separately. If TDM is causing you trouble, trying turning it off, or uninstalling it. If you uninstall TDM your game version will be the same as the non-TDM version. The game does not require TDM to run, or patch.

Victorie
11-24-2009, 04:45 PM
If you're having problems with "missing floors" then I recommend contacting our Tech Support department (link in my signature). Also, a little tech beholder tells me that you should check your video drivers to be sure they're up to date.

Tyrande
11-25-2009, 12:34 PM
[...]outside the door, he says it again. I start fighting with a wizard, who apparently has unlimited spell points, a mindbogglingly huge assortment of spells available, and somewhere in the range of 15,000 hit points. I got him down to somewhere around 1-2% or so of his lifebar, and he starts popping out the level drain spells.

[...]

Nice story overall. May I suggest either the Talisman of the Silver Flame
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/jgould2005/DDO/Items/Necklaces/SilverFlameTalisman.jpg
or a Visor of the Flesh Render Guards?
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/jgould2005/DDO/Items/Goggles/VisoroftheFleshRenderGuards.jpg

enochiancub
11-25-2009, 01:27 PM
Did you read all that he stated? The only part I'm inclined to believe is flooring not showing up.

I did, i've just got this nasty benefit of the doubt habit that still needs kicking.