PDA

View Full Version : Paladin w/ 2 spell points?

LumLevits
11-23-2009, 07:10 PM
I used the Paladin build on the sticky on top of this forum. I get to 4th level and I have 2 spell points...all the spells are 10 points to cast.

Did I do something wrong? Is that build suppose to not have spell points in lue of something else?

Or..do I just wait till I am higher levels? Or get items that increase the spell points per day?

Someone in my party last night mentioned it was a known bug...but didnt say anything else before he left.

Quintun
11-23-2009, 07:13 PM
I used the Paladin build on the sticky on top of this forum. I get to 4th level and I have 2 spell points...all the spells are 10 points to cast.

Did I do something wrong? Is that build suppose to not have spell points in lue of something else?

Or..do I just wait till I am higher levels? Or get items that increase the spell points per day?

Someone in my party last night mentioned it was a known bug...but didnt say anything else before he left.

Get an item until you level a bit more. You will get more SP as you level.

paul1devries
11-23-2009, 07:15 PM
hmm - not sure but my son had the same thing on his pally.

I think he started with just a highest level of wis to be able to cast all spells with an item on so that hurts the spell point pool.

But anyway he gets more each level and you can also at some point take a + 1 or + 2 tome and/or +1-6 items to increase the pool.

I think at higher levels you will probably have too much but at low levels it totally bites!

If u really want to cast at the level you are at you can always get some pots from teh DDO store to at least give you +2 wisdom and probably enough spell points to get one cast....

captain1z
11-23-2009, 07:18 PM
its because your wisdom is 11. At 11 you can cast your 1st level spells but dont have enough sp to support even 1 without help from an item.

equip a +1 wisdom item or a power item and you will be fine. Its not a bug but maybe the devs should program it so that we start with at least 10 sp instead of 2.

Junts
11-23-2009, 07:20 PM
paladins in pnp can only cast at level 4 if they have bonus spells from wisdom .. so so can level 4 paladins on DDO.

LumLevits
11-23-2009, 07:28 PM
Humm, more I think about it. I think I dropped my CHR to 14 and gave him 12 Wis knowing he would want to cast spells. Seems though even with 12 Wisdom it only gives 2 spell points.

I need 10sp just to cast a spell. So with out magic item help I wont be able to cast a single 1st level spell for another 4 levels?

I'm assuming I can use scrolls and wands.

Thanks for the help.

Vordax
11-23-2009, 07:43 PM
Humm, more I think about it. I think I dropped my CHR to 14 and gave him 12 Wis knowing he would want to cast spells. Seems though even with 12 Wisdom it only gives 2 spell points.

I need 10sp just to cast a spell. So with out magic item help I wont be able to cast a single 1st level spell for another 4 levels?

Thanks for the help.

I checked the Wiki (http://ddo.enterwiki.net/page/Spell_point) and paladins get 2 sp at level 4. If you had a 12 wisdom you would get 13 more SP.

Vordax

donny77
11-23-2009, 07:43 PM

Thanks for the help.
It doesn't scale well either. My paladin has 14 WIS and got 28 spell points at lvl 4. 2 spells isn't really worth it.

Noctus
11-23-2009, 08:32 PM
Take the SpellPoint enhancement, and you can start casting at level 4.

Quintun
11-23-2009, 08:48 PM

Thanks for the help.

Without a magic item or SP enhancement you would wait one more level not 4.