PDA

View Full Version : Haggling

jordanmh84
11-23-2009, 03:03 PM
Ok I have a few questions regarding haggling.

My attempts to create a 'hagglebot' have turned out fairly successful. So my questions are now, does anyone know the actual percentages in game available?

The first thing to know is if there is a skill cap. I think there is, as jump seems to cap at 52 for me...

The second is the difference between selling at the respective weapon/armour/other item shops.

I have concluded that you can get approximately 22% rate of return onweapons at the Deneith weapon shop. This was using a 50K gold base weapon, and selling with a 28 haggle score (buffed obviously). I received 11K on the dot.

We can use this thread to compare builds, items for haggling, and percentages. I would definately like to know if anyone has hit the cap, and what the percentage is (or even what other percentages are).

Junts
11-23-2009, 03:05 PM
normal vendors give you 10% + 1% per 3 haggle points
brokers give you a basis of 15% and the same 1% per 3 haggle

I'm not quite sure how purchase costs work to determine a baseline, but they reduce at the same 1% per 3 haggle rate.

MrFister
11-23-2009, 03:06 PM
Unless it's out of date, this (http://ddo.enterwiki.net/page/Haggle) says 4 points of Haggle per percentage. It also shows values broken out by vendor, vendor with rep, and broker, both for selling and buying. From personal experience, Haggle is really about selling, as the best stuff will be found or bought on the AH.

Lorien_the_First_One
11-23-2009, 03:17 PM
Unless it's out of date, this (http://ddo.enterwiki.net/page/Haggle) says 4 points of Haggle per percentage. It also shows values broken out by vendor, vendor with rep, and broker, both for selling and buying. From personal experience, Haggle is really about selling, as the best stuff will be found or bought on the AH.

Haggle also helps at brokers and, often more importantly, buying consumables like large amounts of divine scrolls :D

Kralgnax
11-23-2009, 03:22 PM
CHA also boosts your effective haggle - try casting Eagles' splenour and you'll see the prices shift. I believe it's 0.25% per haggle point

Emili
11-23-2009, 03:59 PM
CHA also boosts your effective haggle - try casting Eagles' splenour and you'll see the prices shift. I believe it's 0.25% per haggle point
Is ok until level 7-9 when you will have a +4 cha item as standard dress supercedes Eagles...

This be a hagglebot:

23 ranks
16 = 42 cha: 18+5(lvl)+3(tome)+4(enh)+6(item)+3(shroud exceptional)+3(pot) = 42
03 sf:haggle
02 negotiator
15 haggle item
02 head of good fortune
06 shroud exceptional cha skill item
04 bard haggle 4
01 focusing chant
04 grt hero
05 HV 4
03 house d pot --- I know am probably forgetting some other pot?
===========
02 inspire competence
02 monk buff
==========
88 haggle with help of another bard and a monk...

Whereas many working bards have about 50-68 worth skill buffed up, Rosewood who really not a haggle spec'd - has full ranks though - pays about 12k pp for a stack of 100 heals or 100 mass cure mod scrolls... quite honestly keeps my cleric happier. An average turn in of nightly sales be about 80k pp on an slow night and 450k pp (was my best night) ... I have eleven high level completely raid flagged girls. A few years ago I made point only to send rose weapons and armour - all other trash be liquidated on said girl pulled it... time is money and money time, thus get them back out looting quickly as possible. 'sides be the things I intend not to sell be what am after.

I do believe it is .25% (used to know this) for every point so the hagglebot bard above yields 22% on top of vendor price.

jordanmh84
11-23-2009, 04:20 PM
Wow, thanks guys. Guess I have some work to do, levelling up this bard.