PDA

View Full Version : Best Melee Usage of Past Life Passives

Sir_Chonas
11-23-2009, 11:12 AM
3x Monk, Barbarian, Fighter and nothing else? Take Monk first if a DPSer, Fighter first for Crowd Controller, Barb first for tank/barbarian?

Then take 1 of every other class for the completionist?

And take the ranger purchaseable for barkskin clickie?

sephiroth1084
11-23-2009, 11:29 AM
I'd say that the paladin one would be worthwhile, especially if you end up WF. More important, even, than 3x Barbarian, in my opinion.

Sir_Chonas
11-23-2009, 11:31 AM
is that +5% to healing compatibility?

sephiroth1084
11-23-2009, 12:12 PM
is that +5% to healing compatibility?
Yeah. Ultimately +15%. Not huge, per se, but worthwhile. Pretty big on a WF, and useful if you have a ton of HP.

I think it depends, somewhat, on which class you end as. If barbarian, Pal x3 is going to be much more useful than Barb x3. If you end as a paladin, Barb x3 is probably a little more useful, though Pal x3 will mean bigger LoH.

Sir_Chonas
11-23-2009, 12:57 PM
Sooooo what order would you recommend, Monk->Fighter->Paladin->Barb? 3,3,3,3 orrrrrr Pal(1x)->Monk(3x)->Fighter(3x)->Pal(2x)->Barb(3x)?

tihocan
11-23-2009, 01:12 PM
Since all these are rather minor bonuses, order doesn't matter too much. I would say it's probably best to work in a "greedy" way by just choosing whichever you think will benefit your end build best. That way if you decide to make it faster and not get all these feats, at least you'll have the most important ones.

Lithic
11-23-2009, 01:16 PM
3x rogue for +3 sneak attack damage is nice for when you don't have aggro. The +6 to trap saves isn't bad either.

sephiroth1084
11-23-2009, 01:41 PM
3x rogue for +3 sneak attack damage is nice for when you don't have aggro. The +6 to trap saves isn't bad either.

Forgot about that one. Definitely worth including.

Ya know, a part of me really wants to shoot for this uber character, but the rest of me is smacking the first part upside the head saying, "Hey jackass! You've capped 3 characters in about 2 years, and have 5 characters in the mid-levels. When the **** are you going to get around to capping and recapping one character 20 times?!"

Junts
11-23-2009, 04:50 PM

Ya know, a part of me really wants to shoot for this uber character, but the rest of me is smacking the first part upside the head saying, "Hey jackass! You've capped 3 characters in about 2 years, and have 5 characters in the mid-levels. When the **** are you going to get around to capping and recapping one character 20 times?!"

Just to furhter discourage you, a friend of mine is up to 15 on his first true reincarnate .. 1.7 million exp -so far-

and it'll be even more for all the 36 repetitions

I can't wait til people get their completionists donea nd leveled and start eating tomes, and then Eladrin announces a new class and they all have to go do it 3 times and go back to whatever build they wanted.

Yajerman01
11-23-2009, 05:16 PM

hehehe - im with you on this. I cant seem to level a character far enough or I end up rerolling after leveing to 7/8. I think i have done that well over a few dozen times now and am fixated on 2 or 3 builds at most.

And now I have gone and reincarnated my favorite toon just to try it out but since i have gone from year 1 (6-8 hours a day play) to year 2 (2-5 hours of play per day) to year 3 (1-2 hours of play every otherday) it is making xp allocation very tedious.

Suffice to say, I think only if I Really Really want those additional ability points, I think im done with "true reincarnates".

sephiroth1084
11-23-2009, 10:00 PM
Just to furhter discourage you, a friend of mine is up to 15 on his first true reincarnate .. 1.7 million exp -so far-

and it'll be even more for all the 36 repetitions

I can't wait til people get their completionists donea nd leveled and start eating tomes, and then Eladrin announces a new class and they all have to go do it 3 times and go back to whatever build they wanted.

Well, my current plan is to TR Ferrumrym twice after I've completed some more raid/epic loot, once into a fighter, then back into a (mostly) paladin. And I'll get to see just how unpleasant TRing can be.

Not even starting on it for a while though, as I want to first get my pure rogue to 12 so I can try assassinating stuff.

tihocan
11-24-2009, 08:53 AM
Yep, that's why I will never plan to make a completionist, even as a 4-year project. It seems easier to grind +4 tomes once than risk having to start the raid tome grind from scratch when a new class is added (because without the +3/+4 tomes the +2 to stats is much less interesting...).