PDA

View Full Version : Hirelings and Funnels

WeenerDoodle
11-23-2009, 01:53 AM
I am having trouble helping my hirelings out with healing potions. When I look on the forums I see reference to the use of a "funnel", but I can find no funnel in the shops, nor can I find a specific entry for this item in the compendium. Is this an item which exists in game, or is the term being used metaphorically? So far I have trued selecting the hireling from the list of party members and pressing the desired action symbol, and this has resulted in the consumption of potions by my character, who was not in need of healing. Please let me know what I am doing wrong here.

Adoraro
11-23-2009, 01:57 AM
Only certain kinds of potions (Remove Curse/Paralysis, etc) can be used on others by having them selected when you use the potion (like you would apply a spell). Healing potions are not one of these. If you are able to use wands then you could use those to heal the hireling (wands offer less expensive healing per charge).

WeenerDoodle
11-23-2009, 02:15 AM
so this means all of my oils of light repair can safely be sold off as they will be of no use to my hirelings, correct?

Junts
11-23-2009, 02:25 AM
yes