PDA

View Full Version : OMG what happened!?

Aaeko
11-21-2009, 01:35 PM
So to begin, i will state ive played ddo for around 2 years. But today i created a rogue, and instead of appearing on korthos island, i appeared on a airship. When i talked to a women on the airship, i gained 3 levels and tons of free loot? How on earth did this happen? it was the craziest surprise ever! The quest was sail to stormreach i believe. Anyone?

DoctorWhofan
11-21-2009, 01:36 PM
So to begin, i will state ive played ddo for around 2 years. But today i created a rogue, and instead of appearing on korthos island, i appeared on a airship. When i talked to a women on the airship, i gained 3 levels and tons of free loot? How on earth did this happen? it was the craziest surprise ever! The quest was sail to stormreach i believe. Anyone?

you have veteran's status! You cn now jump to level 4 if you wish. 1000 favour reward, I believe!

hydra_ex
11-21-2009, 01:40 PM
you have veteran's status! You cn now jump to level 4 if you wish. 1000 favour reward, I believe!

Two things.

Its mandatory. Not if you wish.

You can also buy it from the DDO store.

KillEveryone
11-21-2009, 01:40 PM
Vets status is so freaking great. Better starter gear. Can skip Korthos and go directly to other quests that list a harder difficulty.

Bardicwolf
11-21-2009, 01:43 PM
only good on that server though...

DoctorWhofan
11-21-2009, 01:46 PM
Two things.

You can also buy it from the DDO store.

no, you cna talk to the lady and she will allow you to skip it.

And from his surpirse and join date, I figured it was 1000 favour rather than buying it

Arianrhod
11-21-2009, 01:47 PM
To begin at level 1 when you appear on the airship, choose the dialog option "this is just a dream" and you'll appear on Korthos at level 1.

hydra_ex
11-21-2009, 01:47 PM
no, you cna talk to the lady and she will allow you to skip it.

And from his surpirse and join date, I figured it was 1000 favour rather than buying it

Really? I didn't notice that option, or at least you can't pick and choose levels (its either all 4 or none).

DoctorWhofan
11-21-2009, 01:49 PM
Really? I didn't notice that option, or at least you can't pick and choose levels (its either all 4 or none).

It's the DREAM option. And no, you cannot choose only 2 or 3, It's all or none.

woodrick
11-21-2009, 01:56 PM

all depends on how well u can read really, is 3-4 options the first time you talk to her, one starts u at lvl1 on korthos (the last one i think). after that, if u decide to lvl to 4, each time you go to lvl you get a choice as to which branch then class you would like to lvl as, of course i have never ever wasted my time starting a build path given by turbine so that might influence your options at that point.

Dungnmaster001
11-21-2009, 02:10 PM

It's easy to miss since the dialogue option doesn't explain this, but if you select the "this is all a dream isn't it?" option it sends you to korthos as normal.

Aaeko
11-21-2009, 02:36 PM
Wow thanks everyone. hahaha id just like to thank DDO for making my day, that was great haha:D:D