PDA

View Full Version : Just because something always has been....

pathelas
11-21-2009, 11:51 AM
Doesn't mean it needs to stay that way. What is going on with the AH? It won't let me type in any kind of search criteria oter than level and what slot / type of weapon I am looking for. Thinking about buying a Muckbane? You have to sort through multiple pages to see all the ones being sold. Has this ever been addressed as a future fix? It is just clunky and awkward, and I hope that it willl get fixed soon.

Another clunky thing that wastes my time is running all over to turn in the items I find to different NPCs for small rewards. Put them all in one building in each area, and then let me trade EVERYTHING I have to each vendor in one click on each instead of having to restart a conversation with Scuttle like 20 times.

Done griping now. Sitting at work and can't play, so figured I'd whine a little bit.

Angelus_dead
11-21-2009, 12:11 PM
Another clunky thing that wastes my time is running all over to turn in the items I find to different NPCs for small rewards. Put them all in one building in each area, and then let me trade EVERYTHING I have to each vendor in one click on each instead of having to restart a conversation with Scuttle like 20 times.
The flaws with DDO's collectibles are fundamental, and it would take a lot more than that to make them better. The benefit from your suggestion would be minor: players would more quickly learn that turning in collectibles is almost always a mistake.

To fix collectibles they'd have to pretty much scrap the system and start over. In the replacement it would be better for collectors to remain scattered as they are, but for trips to turn something in to be actually worthwhile. This means that the turnin quantities should mostly be fairly high, but leading to a reward that's also fairly good.

You might be interested in this thread, which describes some of the serious problems with DDO's collectibles:
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=196001

foxx
11-21-2009, 12:35 PM
[QUOTE=
Done griping now. Sitting at work and can't play, so figured I'd whine a little bit.[/QUOTE]

you ok now?
'

KillEveryone
11-21-2009, 05:43 PM
I'm just hording them.

If I come accross something that is good for crafting I'll have it.

I have no desire to run all over the place and get vendor trash. A few items are nice to have but most of it is vendor trash.

I bought a huge collectable bag and I think that will contain all that I need. Probably overkill on the size but untill I stack something to 1000 I'll have plenty of space.

I've turned this into a personal game. I take all purple bags I can get.

Symar-FangofLloth
11-21-2009, 07:01 PM
I'm just hording them.

I bought a huge collectable bag and I think that will contain all that I need. Probably overkill on the size but untill I stack something to 1000 I'll have plenty of space.

Me too. Huge bag, grab everything I can get, rarely, if ever, turn any of it in.
Once in a while I'll talk to an NPC until he wont give me anything more, and then go empty my inventory of +1 arrows of vermin bane at the nearest vendor.

As far as the Auction House goes, I've not seen anything about it being upgraded. Though I've only been back around here for the past couple months, so I could've missed something.

DoctorWhofan
11-21-2009, 09:24 PM
OH the hording!! two years now!

tihocan
11-21-2009, 09:45 PM
Yep the AH search is a joke.

A while ago there was a question about which part of the UI should be improved (or something like that), and most ppl said the AH...

nibel
11-22-2009, 12:32 AM
If I come accross something that is good for crafting I'll have it.

I have no desire to run all over the place and get vendor trash. A few items are nice to have but most of it is vendor trash.

Think about how i feel while, after gathering a lot of colectibles (full small bag, full medium bag, one full inventory tab of colectibles),including 7 or more lightning-split soarwood. Then cleaned the colectibles, and 3 days later... they discover that lightning-split soarwood is worth both legs and your spleen.

KillEveryone
11-22-2009, 01:25 PM
Think about how i feel while, after gathering a lot of colectibles (full small bag, full medium bag, one full inventory tab of colectibles),including 7 or more lightning-split soarwood. Then cleaned the colectibles, and 3 days later... they discover that lightning-split soarwood is worth both legs and your spleen.

lol...sorry but lol....the leg and spleen made me lol. :)

I don't think I'll be doing that. If it does come down to having to clear inventory I'll check the crafting list and keep the crafting stuff and then spend a day or two or week clearing out the inventory.

Rumbaar
11-22-2009, 04:59 PM
I'm only new and have given up collecting many if any collectables in a quest. Where can you get larger bags, without buying character bound, version on the DDO store?

Where do I get a list of the ones that are worth something, I guess I've dumped quite a few that might have been used in crafting or worth something.