PDA

View Full Version : Stop message Ding alerts

Beachtrader
11-20-2009, 08:50 AM
By all that is holy Please tell me how to stop the game from Making that incessant ding sound every time you receive a message. Save my sanity!

There must be a way! The ding is louder than anything else in the game. It's like commercials are louder but you get one every time someone types to you. Help me Please!

Elsbet
11-20-2009, 08:57 AM
Turn down the volume on sound effects. Works for me.

Quikster
11-20-2009, 09:01 AM
I think the dings are controlled by the UI volume, turn it down. Options--->Audio--->UI volume slider.

Shamurai
11-20-2009, 09:04 AM
Or, like me, have no friends that way no one ever wants to talk to you.

No friends = no "DING" 'cept when the Barb dies.. but that's just a perfect time to march your Paladin butt over to him... /point and laugh while retorting "I'm the one that's gimped?" and then you have the option if you're not a Pally (not Lawful Good) of teabagging... or if you have the HONOR of being a Paladin for Justice.. you can heal the 5 damage you took with a +150pt LoH and pick up their stone.

Have a great Friday!

SoulDecay
11-20-2009, 09:09 AM
Or, like me, have no friends that way no one ever wants to talk to you.

No friends = no "DING" 'cept when the Barb dies.. but that's just a perfect time to march your Paladin butt over to him... /point and laugh while retorting "I'm the one that's gimped?" and then you have the option if you're not a Pally (not Lawful Good) of teabagging... or if you have the HONOR of being a Paladin for Justice.. you can heal the 5 damage you took with a +150pt LoH and pick up their stone.

Have a great Friday!

That hurts me right here. Right... Here...

:(

Shamurai
11-20-2009, 09:14 AM
Havoric. I meam SoulDecay.. shhhhhh I was applying my Comedic License , which is my only other license besides driving, at least that is until the Britsih Govt. gives me my license to kill!! 0021 - 3x sexier then 007 and old enough to know what to do what is "it".

Beachtrader
11-20-2009, 10:08 AM
I turned down the sound effects but then i miss, you know, the sound effects. heh....Thanks but no banana.

UI volume slider eh? Now that sounds like a winner. I will try it tonight.

Am I the only one who is driven bonkers from this constant high pitched DING for every message received?

I never solo So i send and receive alot of messages making teams. If this UI volume slider works I will kiss you. Well, if your a gal. Or dressed like a gal. Or run a female character. If it walks like a duck right?

Thanks for the quick responses