PDA

View Full Version : Turbine Points, Comparison

Velexia
11-20-2009, 08:41 AM
http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/3654/turbinepointscomparison.jpg

Velexia
11-20-2009, 09:12 AM
Maybe it's just me, but a bonus 1/10th to 4/10ths of a penny per point in savings really doesn't seem like much of a deal...

Anyone else? Thoughts?

Impaqt
11-20-2009, 09:38 AM
Maybe it's just me, but a bonus 1/10th to 4/10ths of a penny per point in savings really doesn't seem like much of a deal...

Anyone else? Thoughts?

It would "Sound" a lot better if youi used percentages instead of fractions of pennies...

WHen buying things in bulk, fractions of pennies generally turn into pretty substantial discounts...

in this case its 30% off....

30% sounds a lit better than .3 pennies doesnt it?

Lithic
11-20-2009, 09:42 AM

Anyone else? Thoughts?

Thats because you reduced it to price per point and are not considering the fact that you are buying thousands of points at a time.

3300pts right now is 38.99.
Compare this to 3300pts bought at your base price of 1.547c/pt, which would cost just over 51$.

A savings of 12$ on a price tag of 51$ is pretty significant. It's almost 25% off. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Shamurai
11-20-2009, 09:42 AM
It would "Sound" a lot better if youi used percentages instead of fractions of pennies...

WHen buying things in bulk, fractions of pennies generally turn into pretty substantial discounts...

in this case its 30% off....

30% sounds a lit better than .3 pennies doesnt it?

It sure does, unless we're talking about how much a bikini covers... =P

Ryss
11-20-2009, 02:28 PM
It sure does, unless we're talking about how much a bikini covers... =P

+1 rep for you.

Velexia
11-20-2009, 06:45 PM
Ah, the reason I broke it down into penny per point values is because I wanted to assign a real dollar value to them (and items in the DDO store), it just happened to be in pennies.

Velexia
11-20-2009, 06:47 PM
Oddly enough it shows that the $12.99 bundle is the best value for non-VIPs, although not by any truly meaningful amount ;)

KualaBangoDango
11-20-2009, 08:54 PM
Oddly enough it shows that the $12.99 bundle is the best value for non-VIPs, although not by any truly meaningful amount ;)How are you seeing that particular bundle as the best value?

If we're looking at the cheapest bundle for the free player that wants to spend the least then $6.50 is cheaper than $12.99 and is thus the best value.

If we're looking at the cheapest price per point then the $38 bundle is the best value.

And the best value in reality for the best price per point is the $50/5000 TP bundle which isn't on your list ... which is 1 cent per point ... that goes on sale quite often (in fact it's being offered now for the Thanksgiving Holidays).

Velexia
11-21-2009, 06:28 AM
How are you seeing that particular bundle as the best value?

If we're looking at the cheapest bundle for the free player that wants to spend the least then $6.50 is cheaper than $12.99 and is thus the best value.

If we're looking at the cheapest price per point then the $38 bundle is the best value.

And the best value in reality for the best price per point is the $50/5000 TP bundle which isn't on your list ... which is 1 cent per point ... that goes on sale quite often (in fact it's being offered now for the Thanksgiving Holidays).

The non-VIPs, as far as I know... do not get the "bonus" and if they do, I'm not sure why they even have it on there, unless it's simply a marketing ploy. Anyway, the $12.99 offer comes out to .01623, which is less than the others, but not by any meaningful amount.

When I made this little "chart" as it were, the 5000 point bundle was not available.

Here it is:

Bonus: 1600
Total: 5000
Cost: $49.99

Cost Per Point: .0147(1.5 Cents).0999(1 Cent)

Using the VIP 1 cent per point value, it is rather easy to determine the dollar value of the items. Also, the previous chart had an error, the True Druidic Heart of Wood is 1295, not 1300 =)

Velexia
11-21-2009, 06:40 AM
So I just recently confirmed with a F2P player that the "Point" and "Bonus" lines are meaningless, because all players, paying or not, get the "Total". Basically just a marketing ply, to get you feeling like you are getting a good deal.

As far as good deals go, if you have 50 bucks to spend, that's the point bundle to buy... if it's worth it to you.

Natulyre
11-21-2009, 09:02 AM
So I just recently confirmed with a F2P player that the "Point" and "Bonus" lines are meaningless, because all players, paying or not, get the "Total". Basically just a marketing ply, to get you feeling like you are getting a good deal.

As far as good deals go, if you have 50 bucks to spend, that's the point bundle to buy... if it's worth it to you.

I don't get how people can get confused over the bonus line. It's pretty clear that everyone get those and never was it said that it was a VIP bonus. :|

Velexia
11-21-2009, 09:53 AM
I don't get how people can get confused over the bonus line. It's pretty clear that everyone get those and never was it said that it was a VIP bonus. :|

Well, I was just trying to justify the existence of the bonus line at all. The truth is, aside from using it for marketing, there is no reason.

KualaBangoDango
11-21-2009, 07:49 PM
Well, I was just trying to justify the existence of the bonus line at all. The truth is, aside from using it for marketing, there is no reason.I agree. It seems to cause more confusion now that it's marked as "Bonus". I thought it was pretty clear before that you got extra points by buying a bigger bundle, but as you say I guess it's a marketing thing.

Ganak
11-22-2009, 10:30 AM
I just came looking for information on TP because I am considering the 5000 points for $49.99 deal, which looks like a good value now!

Velexia
11-22-2009, 03:44 PM
I just came looking for information on TP because I am considering the 5000 points for $49.99 deal, which looks like a good value now!

Glad I was able to help =)

I made this chart basically to help myself and others determine what the values are, so as to make more informed decisions when purchasing items in the store or points =)