PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial

coldairr
11-19-2009, 07:57 PM
Hi, im new to DDO, and was wondering if there was a tutorial at the beginning of the game? i cant play, cause my computer is loading the game, and is slow, if there is anyone that can post me a helpful one thank you

Freeman
11-19-2009, 08:02 PM
Hi, im new to DDO, and was wondering if there was a tutorial at the beginning of the game? i cant play, cause my computer is loading the game, and is slow, if there is anyone that can post me a helpful one thank you

The first quest is a basic tutorial. After that is done, you are on the starter island, where you'll run some simple quests for some decent equipment. They get progressively harder, but most players don't have much trouble with them. Also, there is an Advice channel in game you can access by typing "/advice message" where you can often get help with the basics. It is populated by other players though, so no guarantees on the answers.

RangerOne
11-19-2009, 08:14 PM
If downloading using the Turbine Manager you should have a window that will take you through some basic information. I know the download takes a while, but it's worth it.

Garseya
11-19-2009, 08:20 PM
I have several friends with slow comps or poor isp service. It's important for you to not get frustrated if you find alot of players leaving you in the dust. Many low level characters you will encounter are actually well seasoned players who are creating a new character, so don't expect them to wait around on you. When I play with my friends named above, I know I won't be blowing through the quests at full speed. Often times it takes 2 or 3 times longer to complete the quest- but I'm not there for exp, I'm there to hang out with my buds. Watch for people who can run the quests at about the same speed you do, and friend them. Also, when you start making your own groups, include the phrase "slow comp" or something similar. I've seen some people barely get started in a quest when the rest of the party has already made it to the end.
You can enjoy the game no matter what speed it runs. Have fun with it! The first tutorial quest is solo only, once you finish it get started on the Korthos Island series. After you've done Miserys Peak, you can head out for adventure to Stormreach Harbor. You can come back to Korthos at any time, but the important thing is any new characters you make can skip the tutorial quest getting you started faster.

Again have fun and look for players who run at a similar pace and friend them!