PDA

View Full Version : Seeking minimal ui thx

Mojofizznut
11-19-2009, 12:56 PM
I like a really minimized UI. I want to get the UI to a place where it is hardly noticeable. To me, its hard to get to that 'fantasy escape' zone with a highly cluttered UI reminding me of the artificial nature of the game.

I need a suggested interface to do the following (mostly simple UI stuff):

1) eliminate the visual grids and numbers on the shortcut bars, especially unused cells. Bar with focus (only) having numbers is ok, I'd like the numbers to be severely trimmed down in color though so barely noticeable.
2) I'm still getting damage floating on enemies, despite turning this off in UI panel. Is this a bug? Any mod that can surpress it? Extremely annoying.
3) Supress the minimap but give me some button or something to pop it up if needed (or greatly reduced minimap without clutter)
4) same with enemy/target window. Something really minimized just showing their health.
5) elimination/reduction of experience bar (something like a very tiny bar under my small health bar would be nice. In WoW I used pitbull so something like that.
6) Chat window - wow. Is there anyway to get rid of it? I'd like a small button so I can pop it up when I want/need it, otherwise it is completely wasted real estate.

Really, all I want for 95% of gametime visible is my health, enemy's health, and my skill buttons. That's it.

Thx for any suggestions if there is a mod out there to do this.

Visty
11-19-2009, 01:00 PM
1 http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info170-ddolite.html
3 drag it somewhere where you wont see it, then you can still press M to bring it up
4 try the little eye on the lower left
5 that you cant do, but tbh, its hardly noticable anyway
6 rightclick > destroywindow...though then you cant interact with other players anymore. or just lower the size to the lowest possible

or press alt-z to eliminate the entire UI

Mojofizznut
11-19-2009, 04:35 PM
Thanks Visty, I'll give that mod a try.
- in line comments:

4 try the little eye on the lower left

Yah saw that, still too much present. I know this seems trivial, but I was able to design a completely minimal experience in WoW - every pixel can detract from teh escapism. It's amazing the difference when you minimize down.

6 rightclick > destroywindow...though then you cant interact with other players anymore. or just lower the size to the lowest possible

I found a diff option here. I just selected the 'party' window for solo play. I still get all kinds of looting and other messages, but it's better than the wide chat. I'm sure there must be a way to create a custom window and not assign any chat to it, I'll experiment more.

Does anyone have any ideas about the floating damage? Of all the things, this is by far the most annoying and I can't seem to get rid of it. Is this a known bug?

ehcsztein
11-19-2009, 05:58 PM
Thanks Visty, I'll give that mod a try.
I'm sure there must be a way to create a custom window and not assign any chat to it, I'll experiment more.

Right click on the Tab name... Select "Set incoming text" or some such ... deselect all options listed... Additionally there is a button on the over all chat window to set it to be transparent essentially. If text displays it will only show for a few moments and then the window will disappear. You'll know you clicked it when the border around the chat window goes away.