PDA

View Full Version : Vault of night chain

Lirial
11-18-2009, 06:53 PM
It seems to be a quest arc that starts in the tavern and goes from there and ends up as a 12 man raid. do i need to assemble a raid before i begin this chain or what? how does this work exactly? and is this raid p2p ?

cromlar
11-18-2009, 07:01 PM
No, the first 4 quests are normal 6 man runs. You dont need the raid group until the 5th quest.

Pfamily
11-18-2009, 07:02 PM
You run parts 1-4 as 6-man quests...then put together your raid group for 5 & 6. And I believe it is p2p.
Enjoy!

Lirial
11-18-2009, 07:05 PM
but everyone who wants to attend the raid has to do the chain beforehand correct? does the chain only have to be done once like being keyed?

Mav145
11-18-2009, 07:08 PM
Everyone that wants to do the raid needs to have done parts 1-4. You have to reflag every time you run the raid.

Arianrhod
11-18-2009, 07:35 PM
I thought the person you had to talk to to start the whole thing was Barrow d'Kundarak, up on the ziggurat. Then the guy in the tavern.

Pfamily
11-18-2009, 08:05 PM
I thought the person you had to talk to to start the whole thing was Barrow d'Kundarak, up on the ziggurat. Then the guy in the tavern.
That's correct...Marek I think is his name in the tavern?

~Jules921
11-18-2009, 08:53 PM
This is very important - you have to talk to Marek in the tavern after every quest and the quests have to be done in order. So it would be something like this:

a. talk to Barrow (guy at raid entrance) to pick up the quest chain
b. talk to Marek
c. do quest Tharashk Arena
d. talk to Marek
e. do quest the Prison of the Mind
f. talk to Marek
g. do the quest Jungles of Khyber
h. talk to Marek
i. do the quest Haywire's Foundry
j. talke to Marek then Barrow

You will sometimes see a lfg listing as Von 1-6 -this means they intend to run all 6 quests one after the other - with an experienced group that is over the quest level - it is possible to be flagged in short amount of time.

You will have to run this chain everytime you want to do the raid VON aka the Dragon Raid.

Jules

MissErres
11-18-2009, 09:05 PM
Another note: If you talk to Marek after doing VoN4 (Haywire foundry) you cannot reset parts 1-4. You can still run them for xp/favor if you have an opener in the group, but once you talk to Marek after pt 4 you cannot abandon and reset the quest chain. I make it a habit of NOT talking to Marek until I am ready to do the raid (pt. 5) simply so I can open it for any guildies/friends who may need/want 1-4 on elite.

Lirial
11-18-2009, 09:51 PM
so basically what im gathering is i can run 1-4 repeatedly if need be to get a full raid flagged for the vault as long as i dont talk to merek after pt 4, and part 5 is the raid itself , we can do the parts 1-4 in the formation of a raid but only 6 people per instance? or do we have to split up then regroup? geez they made this one complicated didnt they? seems more for a guild raid than something that could ever be pugged, at least not without alot of frustration

MissErres
11-18-2009, 10:01 PM
so basically what im gathering is i can run 1-4 repeatedly if need be to get a full raid flagged for the vault as long as i dont talk to merek after pt 4, and part 5 is the raid itself , we can do the parts 1-4 in the formation of a raid but only 6 people per instance? or do we have to split up then regroup? geez they made this one complicated didnt they? seems more for a guild raid than something that could ever be pugged, at least not without alot of frustration

Yes, you can run 1-4 repeatedly as long as you don't talk to Merek after pt 4 or, if you have talked to him, have someone in the party that is on that part of the quest chain to open it.

Most people will flag for VoN5/6 long before the acutal raid. VoN 1-4 are 6 man groups and can be, but not necessarily, half of the raid (12-man) itself.

You enter VoN6 (the actual dragon raid) thru the end of VoN5 which is also a raid.

It's really not that complicated. Look at VoNs 1-4 as just regular quests that should be a staple because they have some killer XP, especially VoN3. Once flagged, you can do the raid (VoN 5/6) at any time. The only downside is you have to reflag after doing the raid and must wait 2 days 18 hours before you can start flagging again.