PDA

View Full Version : Cleric skill point distribution

Shumanfoo
11-18-2009, 03:58 PM
Trying to decide how much I "need" in Int for skills. I know to max concentration, but other than that should any other skills be focused on to make high, or just a few points into things like balance and jump?

~Shu

Visty
11-18-2009, 04:00 PM
balance is also nice to have

KingOfCheese
11-18-2009, 04:01 PM
You can get away with just concentration if you want to dump stat Int.

If you are human or have enough Int for more--I'd stick them in jump or balance (some people like diplo).

Shumanfoo
11-18-2009, 04:02 PM
You can get away with just concentration if you want to dump stat Int.

If you are human or have enough Int for more--I'd stick them in jump or balance (some people like diplo).

The way I am looking now is human and leaving Int at 8. So 2 pts per lvl going 1 to concentration and I can use the other to get balance or jump or a little of each.

KingOfCheese
11-18-2009, 04:07 PM
Balance or jump or a little of each works.

I'd tend to take balance over jump.

If you can get your balance into the teens to 20s, it becomes somewhat useful. It is not unusual to get your hands on a +10 balance item (like feather fall boots of balance; or striding boots of balance). If you took all ranks in balance, you'd get into the "sweet spot" pretty easily.

Jump only needs to get up to 10. With a jump spell (+30), this will take you to 40--which is the max jump you can benefit from. Technically, putting no ranks in jump will leave you OK. With greater heroism (+4) a +2 luck item (+2) and a +6 STR item (+3), you'll get close to 40 even with no ranks.

shenthing
11-18-2009, 04:09 PM
You could get your UMD high enough to use teleport scrolls and some other nifty stuff... possibly.

KingOfCheese
11-18-2009, 04:13 PM
You could get your UMD high enough to use teleport scrolls and some other nifty stuff... possibly.

That's an option worth considering.

+3/5 item
+4 greater heroism
+6 shroud charisma skill item
+4-6 charisma bonus (assume tome, +6 item)
+2 luck

= 19-23

Add in all ranks (half ranks) and you'd have this around 30ish--which would put you in reasonable shape for teleport scrolls. But, it would require some gear slot commitments you might not want to use up (or swap out).

moops
11-18-2009, 04:16 PM
After Concentraition. I put my points mostly into Balance--there are Jump Clickies and Jump spells, but alas, there are no Balance CLickies and people can't cast Balance on you:) On my last Cleric I had 3 pts a level so I split them.

Arianrhod
11-18-2009, 04:20 PM

I dunno...clerics can alreay use Raise Dead, Heal, Res, etc. scrolls. If a human cleric really wants Teleport, there's always the Dragonmark (with DDoor and Expeditious Retreat thrown in), or Royal Guard Mask or Teleport rod from the DDO store.

Nezichiend
11-18-2009, 04:22 PM
I dunno...clerics can alreay use Raise Dead, Heal, Res, etc. scrolls. If a human cleric really wants Teleport, there's always the Dragonmark (with DDoor and Expeditious Retreat thrown in), or Royal Guard Mask or Teleport rod from the DDO store.

Or do what I do on my 1 sorc splash...

Buy like 100 and the 15% works after a while.... :p

shenthing
11-18-2009, 05:08 PM
True you have other options for teleport and we get one lame teleport spell that still helps out some, but trying to loot a RGM or coming up with the plat can be difficult. UMD probably isnt the best bet when you only have 2 skill points to spend, but its always an option.

P.S. I hate buying limited use items from DDO store.

tihocan
11-19-2009, 08:15 AM
Gameplay-wise I'd max out concentration, then put 1 rank in tumble, then max out balance.

That being said, I hate running around town on my cleric, and wish I could use these TP scrolls (I enjoy doing it on my monk even though I need like 3 tries each time).