PDA

View Full Version : Next series of quests getting eipc treatment?

Jay203
11-18-2009, 03:09 PM
any light to shed to us as which set of quests are going to receive the epic treatment?
sure would give us some laughs to run through EPIC waterworks :D:D:D:D:D

Visty
11-18-2009, 03:14 PM
next is gianthold for sure, as there are pics about epic blue scale armors already and scrolls in the compendium and such

after that it will prolly be the orchard, then titan, then shroud and the last place is for von, vod, and hox (if those ever become epic)

Jay203
11-18-2009, 03:17 PM
next is gianthold for sure, as there are pics about epic blue scale armors already and scrolls in the compendium and such

after that it will prolly be the orchard, then titan, then shroud and the last place is for von, vod, and hox (if those ever become epic)

Gianthold eh... guess I should look forward to those start becoming active again

on a side note, who wants to kill epic kobolds? :D:D:D

Sirea
11-18-2009, 03:17 PM
I think this pic I posted the other day pretty much answers your question:

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g260/sirea1182/DDO/epic_bdr.png

As for after Gianthold, I would say the Orchard, but they did just upgrade a lot of the Abbot gear, so it'll be hard to say.

Jay203
11-18-2009, 03:21 PM
I think this pic I posted the other day pretty much answers your question:

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g260/sirea1182/DDO/epic_bdr.png

As for after Gianthold, I would say the Orchard, but they did just upgrade a lot of the Abbot gear, so it'll be hard to say.

somehow i find that hard to believe, since aren't epic items suppose to get changed to ml 20 by default? :confused::confused::confused:

Visty
11-18-2009, 03:22 PM
its just the name so far which got changed

if you take a look, the stats havent changed either

maddmatt70
11-18-2009, 03:22 PM
I am going to say there is a decent chance that there will never be another epic quest due to lack of player interest.

Sirea
11-18-2009, 03:23 PM
somehow i find that hard to believe, since aren't epic items suppose to get changed to ml 20 by default? :confused::confused::confused:

I have a feeling it's just some erroneous coding that slipped out with the last patch, but I assure you my Photoshop skills are nil :p

Angelus_dead
11-18-2009, 03:25 PM
Wasn't it going to be Twilight Forge? Didn't that get leaked...

Logically they would start with the oldest content among that which was end-game when it was released. I wouldn't expect to see Epic GH or Orchard until after Twilight Forge and Vault of Night, unless of course the devs have decided that some of those old adventure packs are just too bad to be useful as a basis for continued gameplay.

Jay203
11-18-2009, 03:33 PM

Logically they would start with the oldest content among that which was end-game when it was released. I wouldn't expect to see Epic GH or Orchard until after Twilight Forge and Vault of Night, unless of course the devs have decided that some of those old adventure packs are just too bad to be useful as a basis for continued gameplay.

so no Epic Tempest Spine? :(:(:(:(:(

Visty
11-18-2009, 03:33 PM

well, imo they go with those areas which have the most named items

thats why they started with the desert, it takes ages to get what you want, so you play longer
imagine they would epicfy von, what have we there: just the raidloot. then ppl would have what they want quickly and get tired of it

thats why my bet is on the orchard as third, cause it has the most named items among the other areas

Memnir
11-18-2009, 03:37 PM
When Tolero goofed and accidently made the Epic Quest testing threads public - they included all the GH quests as well as the Desert ones. Next will be GH for sure... after that, who knows.

Hendrik
11-18-2009, 03:37 PM
I am going to say there is a decent chance that there will never be another epic quest due to lack of player interest.

Since it looks like Epic Dragon Armor is on the way, I would say decent chance for more Epic due to player interest.

Sirea
11-18-2009, 03:39 PM
The only reason I wouldn't say Epic Twilight Forge is that there's only 3 quests there including the raid and not nearly as many named items as in the Desert or Gianthold. I mena I would love to see an Epic Chattering Ring, Belt of Brute Strength, Seven-Fingered Gloves, Jungle Cloak even an Adoryn's Malice, but I don't see that they would make that kind of investment for an adventure pack with 2 quests and 1 raid.

maddmatt70
11-18-2009, 03:43 PM
Since it looks like Epic Dragon Armor is on the way, I would say decent chance for more Epic due to player interest.

There is a big difference in the forum discussions and the actually game none more obvious then Epic quests. Either they need to make the Epic quests more appealing or devote their time instead toward making new content.

sirgog
11-18-2009, 03:58 PM

Don't underestimate the popularity - there pretty much always seems to be either 6 or 12 level 20s in Desert quests at each time I've looked.

Plus, there's been a *lot* more mid-level people in the Desert since Epic was added - and I'm sure some of them bought the pack because of the new buzz about those quests.

Angelus_dead
11-18-2009, 04:34 PM
There is a big difference in the forum discussions and the actually game none more obvious then Epic quests. Either they need to make the Epic quests more appealing
When the epic quests were first announced, I predicted that the lack of N/H/E modes would make them less appealing. If you examine it, there's actually a serious inconsistency in game design philosophies.

In what can be called "EU update 0", dungeon scaling was added which reduced the target group size to complete dungeons. But update 1 brings in Epic dungeons, which not only are more difficult in general, but also do not allow that scaling effect. And on top of that, the loot mechanic involves bound items that are assignable before acquire, creating another incentive to take a full party.

It's as if Turbine is still confused as to if they want to support small parties or not.

Angelus_dead
11-18-2009, 04:35 PM
Don't underestimate the popularity - there pretty much always seems to be either 6 or 12 level 20s in Desert quests at each time I've looked.
Uh, 6-12 players is pretty firmly what an unpopular zone would look like.

MDS_Geist
11-18-2009, 04:35 PM
It would be great if for epic GH they also throw in graphics for dragonscale outfits as well. Just a happy thought.

Visty
11-18-2009, 04:37 PM
It's as if Turbine is still confused as to if they want to support small parties or not.

small parties for lowlevels and full for highlevels prolly