PDA

View Full Version : Access to previously purchased content

TheKeeper1981
11-18-2009, 01:47 PM
Heyla and well met!

I'm thinking of going VIP for a few months, but I'm a little worried. When VIP is no longer active, do I also lose access to previously purchased content, such as saved bank space, quests, etc.?

Thanks
TheKeeper1981

tihocan
11-18-2009, 01:59 PM
Everything you buy is bought forever.
Note that going VIP is not buying anything (consider it more like a rent).

ArgentMage
11-18-2009, 02:20 PM
I think you both got the distinction right, but just to be sure:

The things you have access to while VIP are perks of VIP.
If you quit VIP, you lose access to everything you haven't bought with Turbine Points.

When you spend your monthly allotment of VIP Turbine Points, those things are then
part of your account from there on, even if you quit VIP.

TheKeeper1981
11-18-2009, 02:26 PM
Ah! Thank you for clarifying that!

Arianrhod
11-18-2009, 04:25 PM
I think you both got the distinction right, but just to be sure:

The things you have access to while VIP are perks of VIP.
If you quit VIP, you lose access to everything you haven't bought with Turbine Points.

When you spend your monthly allotment of VIP Turbine Points, those things are then
part of your account from there on, even if you quit VIP.

A further point - the store doesn't currently allow you to buy things if it thinks you don't "need" them. So while VIP you can't buy any adventure packs, WF race, Monk class, etc. You can buy them before going VIP, and still have them after, or save up your VIP points and buy them after, just can't buy them while VIP.

MrFister
11-18-2009, 04:27 PM
A further point - the store doesn't currently allow you to buy things if it thinks you don't "need" them. So while VIP you can't buy any adventure packs, WF race, Monk class, etc. You can buy them before going VIP, and still have them after, or save up your VIP points and buy them after, just can't buy them while VIP.

Which is stupid, IMO.

LrdSlvrhnd
11-21-2009, 12:15 AM
Which is stupid, IMO.

Not IMO. You already 'own' (or at least renting) that content, so why would you need to buy it? If you have the TP now to buy it... you'll have it when you drop VIP, unless you've spent it on other stuff. Turbine assumes that people who pay for VIP are generally willing to keep paying for it.

The game sees you have access to the quest or whatever, and therefore you don't need to buy it. It's probably far simpler to code for "OK, this person is VIP and doesn't need to buy the quest" than to code for "OK, this person is VIP but doesn't 'own' the quest, so let's mark it as buyable." Plus it keeps true idiots from saying "Gee shucky darn, I guess I need to buy this quest I wanna do 'cause it's here in the panel, hyuck hyuck!" when, y'know, he doesn't. And then finding out later he didn't and *****ing about it... or dropping VIP. Unless he bought the TP to buy it, it could only be considered a loss from Turbine's POV.