PDA

View Full Version : Knights-Errant Guild

CMFish
11-17-2009, 08:49 PM
Thank you for taking the time to read this.

I would first like to say that Knights-Errant isn't your standard guild. We are looking for a very specific breed of player and are not concerned with rapid expansion of the guild. We want quality over quantity. That being said, here is a bit of information about Knights-Errant.

KE was formed by a small band of players who not only want to create a guild to help band adventuring minds together, but to provide a better gaming experience for EVERYONE on the server. Our mission is to form teams within the guild that will facilitate an easy and enjoyable integration of new players to the server. This will require that all members volunteer some amount of time to being in Korthos Island assisting new and low level player characters. All members must be curtious and generous with both knowledge and wealth.

We are currently building our website that will further detail our mission and organization of the guild as well as our Code of Conduct. Anyone currently interested in the Knights-Errant guild should contact one of the officers on the Orien server.

Thank you again for your time and interest in Knights-Errant.

*** Edit (16 Dec 2010) ***
Due to the ebb and flow of life, our guild fell to the way side before it really got off the ground. Not one to ever quit on anything, now that I am back, I will be working to resurrect the original intent behind this guild. Those interested in helping to build a newbie friendly guild who enjoy making friends and helping others, please send me a message. We will be starting from the ground up. The guild charter appears to still be intact. I will be back in the United States where I will have greater freedom to connect sometime around February of 2011. I will have sporadic connection until that point. Thank you again for taking the time to read this post and we hope to hear from you soon.

CMFish
12-16-2010, 06:59 AM
Additional notes: Some of the positions we are looking to fill are as follows:

Healers: Tavern / waypoint healers who will volunteer time to stand at key points, healing the recently vanguished / injured.

Guides: Individuals willing to volunteer time to guide people in getting around and getting to know the beginning areas, as well as offering general (helpful) advice and information.

As we build the guild, we will add some other positions and develop internal branches and recognitions. My goal is to ultimately offer internal rewards as well for outstanding volunteer service.

Crann
12-16-2010, 07:03 AM
It sounds like you have a genuine desire to help folks, and thats great. Wish you luck there in your journeys.

You might be taking it a little far by recruiting healers to stand in taverns waiting for the recently departed, they do sell food there which gives you your hp back pretty quickly.

hyenaboy
12-16-2010, 02:26 PM
If I am thinking this who I think it is, then welcome back! Glad to see you survived over there. I can remember a year ago sitting in the harbor tavern bored out of my mind on my cleric just waiting for a group to join, healing random people as they returned to their bound location. Yes, they sell food to replenish everything but in the same token just me sitting in the tavern is regening SP as well. So anytime I was bored I would just sit there and help out the new people and answer questions they had as well.

I ran into a guy though who sounds a lot like the OP. I will have to check my friends list on and off and see when you come back. That way I can atleast say hello again.

Spanken

CMFish
12-17-2010, 07:58 AM
Indeed, it's me. Haven't made it back just yet, but will be home soon. Managed to get a decent connection finally that allows me to connect. Trying to resurrect the guild concept.

In regards to the healers or other volunteer positions. It's not intended to be boring for anyone involved. I know that sometimes we stand around for 10 - 20 minutes waiting for the rest of the part to get ready. This is an excellent time to just donate a few minutes to help others out. I would not ask anyone to stand around for long periods of time doing this unless they wanted to. I think the longest I did it for was about 30 minutes. Again, it was while waiting for the rest of the party to get gathered up for a major run. Hopefully this clarifies my intention a bit. I would hate for anyone to think that I expected someone to stand in a tavern for hours on end rather than enjoying the game. That would be self defeating of the purpose of the guild.

Vorthax
12-18-2010, 03:53 AM
Hello there! I'm returning to DDO after about a 2 yr break. Was mainly a soloer when I used to play but am looking to get back into the group action in MMORPG. Played EQ1 for around 10 yrs before trying this game. Only have 1 character atm lvl 6 Pally but plan on making more. Only played the game less than a year when I started it so could still be considered a novice to this game. I'm re-learning the game atm and trying to get back up to speed. I'd love to join your guild as it seems like a nice home for a dwarf paladin. =) Please let me know how to contact you in game so I can get a hold of you and talk about hopefully joining up. Look forward to your reply. =)

Vorthax Lightseeker Lvl 6 Paladin

CMFish
12-27-2010, 04:50 AM
Feel free to send a post to Broadsword or Spellforge. Either one will be able to send you a guild invite so you can join. Right now our hours are a bit hectic, but we are slowly pulling back together.