PDA

View Full Version : Detect Secret Doors

qxface
11-17-2009, 03:07 PM
How does this spell work exactly? Is it a buff or an action? Will I be able to find all the hidden doors if I get this on my bard? Or does it just add to your search skill?

Thanks!

Superspeed_Hi5
11-17-2009, 03:08 PM
1. Cast Detect secret Door
2. Secret door starts glowing
3. Profit

Cedwin
11-17-2009, 03:09 PM
How does this spell work exactly? Is it a buff or an action? Will I be able to find all the hidden doors if I get this on my bard? Or does it just add to your search skill?

Thanks!

It's a buff that causes any nearby hidden door to show, so you can run around finding all secret doors, until the buff wears off.

qxface
11-17-2009, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the replies.

Is it somehow based off your search skill or Int stat? Or does any character casting DSD find all secret doors nearby?

Cedwin
11-17-2009, 03:16 PM
Thanks for the replies.

Is it somehow based off your search skill or Int stat? Or does any character casting DSD find all secret doors nearby?

It's not based on anything, you cast it, and doors show up, simple as that.

Salaman
11-17-2009, 04:44 PM
In other words, it'll detect all doors regardless of how hard they are to see with the search skill. It only detects such searchable/usable doors, and secret doors that open by a trigger or switch won't show up with the spell.

hydra_ex
11-17-2009, 04:46 PM
Which is why many players carry around a wand of it, or at least a clicky. Its a no failway to find secret doors. While leveling, in quests, even if you don't open the door, its nice to get some extra xp for almost very little to no investment at all.