PDA

View Full Version : Reaver's Ring

Sir_Chonas
11-16-2009, 11:28 AM
I'm at level 14 now, and am beginning to want something else with fear immunity that doesn't have a -2 to will saves.

Any suggestions?

Lerincho
11-16-2009, 11:30 AM
Helm of Free Will

underwater chest Twilight Forge.

Murgatroyd
11-16-2009, 11:32 AM
Planar Gird (GH clickie)

One of the locked chests in Xorian Cipher.

Sir_Chonas
11-16-2009, 11:32 AM
Dang, that's gonna throw off my entire item set up because I have a wisdom stat item there now, unless they make wise rings?

Do they make wise rings?

As a 2nd part to this question I have

An outfit of heavy fort/ improved false life, disease immunity ring, proof from poison belt, wise head, con neck, str hands, dex boots, ac bracers is this a good setup for a level 14 dps build with 6 fighter/6 ranger/2 monk?

vVAnjilaVv
11-16-2009, 11:33 AM
get urself in the Shroud and make one tier with the fear immunity. Well...when the update is ready :rolleyes:

Lerincho
11-16-2009, 11:34 AM
Dang, that's gonna throw off my entire item set up because I have a wisdom stat item there now, unless they make wise rings?

Do they make wise rings?

they have wise on necklaces, helms, and rings.

Helm of Free Will
Immunity to Fear
Spell Resistance 17

vVAnjilaVv
11-16-2009, 11:35 AM
Yeah except planar girds are worthless against monsters that dispel, like the mummy avengers in the desert or trying to recover a bad Hound run...which usually is not recoverable.

Shroud Item u can make anywhere except the ring slot, plus that tier also has poison immuntiy.

Lerincho
11-16-2009, 11:37 AM
Can Shroud craft triple negative items for disease immunity, poison immunity, fear immunity and deathblock.

Can Shroud craft negative/positive item for +6 wise on any slot but ring, that includes +10 haggle +10 diplomacy and a mixture of other benefits. if you do this one right could even have the negative fear immunity.

Sir_Chonas
11-16-2009, 11:45 AM
So I could craft a greensteel ring with poison immunity and +6 wis (is that all for one item)?
Craft a necklace with +6 con and disease immunity
Then +6 str gloves with fear immunity?

vVAnjilaVv
11-16-2009, 11:45 AM
Can Shroud craft triple negative items for disease immunity, poison immunity, fear immunity and deathblock.

Can Shroud craft negative/positive item for +6 wise on any slot but ring, that includes +10 haggle +10 diplomacy and a mixture of other benefits. if you do this one right could even have the negative fear immunity.

Hey I said it first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/facepalm

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Lerincho
11-16-2009, 11:46 AM
So I could craft a greensteel ring with poison immunity and +6 wis (is that all for one item)?

No, you could NOT craft a greensteel ring, as stated TWICE by two separate people.I would consult the crafting planner or the DDO wiki before you ask questions of that sort.

vVAnjilaVv
11-16-2009, 11:49 AM

uhmmmm no......go here and research how GS works.....

forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=132855&highlight=crafting+recipe (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=132855&highlight=crafting+recipe)

http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~delallea/ddo/shroud/index.php

http://rpgamerd00d.150m.com/DDOCraftingCalculator.html

vVAnjilaVv
11-16-2009, 11:50 AM
No, you could NOT craft a greensteel ring, as stated TWICE by two separate people.I would consult the crafting planner or the DDO wiki before you ask questions of that sort.

Hey...watch those bold red letters u meany!!!!!!....ohhh underlined too....I'm telling Santa!!!!

Sir_Chonas
11-16-2009, 12:21 PM

1. And I would learn to use the English language/ proper sentence structure. Can is the beginning of a question, not a statement. Your sentences make no sense.

2. This is the advice/questions forum and that is what I was seeking. By go and do research, you mean go and look at the recipe tables, or search for greensteel in the forums to find the thousands of results which don't apply to what items go where?

3. Your sentence/implied question says "can shroud craft negative/positive item for +6 wise on any slot but ring" could be taken to mean other things can be put on rings aside from wisdom (and it was taken thus).

Your other post was very rude and unhelpful. I try to not get involved when people say "go do research noob," or things like this, but you need to chill out and try to follow the mission of this forum like the other people do. Also, the shroud crafting planners aren't exactly the most user friendly things since they list every possible option for crafting at once without placing modifiers such as "if you take _____ then _____ is removed from remaining crafting options". I have looked at them before, but have yet to run the Shroud, so they don't exactly help me very much.

Essentially I was asking for examples of Stat items + immunities possible on different items, I'm looking for proof of poison, disease and fear immunity, and +6 in Strength, Constitution, Dexterity, and Wisdom (in this order of importance). Is it possible to get all 4 +6 bonuses + the 3 immunities I want? (Hopefully this will give me enough room for Greater False Life, Heavy Fortification, and a Striding bonus on the remaining item slots, if not oh well).

vVAnjilaVv
11-16-2009, 01:12 PM
Really not trying to be rude here, but the Shroud crafting can be very complex and it really can't be summed up in an easy little explanation.

The links I posted will defintely point u in the right direction and even allow u to pre-build items to see exactly what u will end up with and what u will need.

Good Luckl :) its really a nice way to make great items, but research it thoroughly as it is also very easy to mess up recipes.

Sir_Chonas
11-16-2009, 01:17 PM
I just want to know a few things.

Which slots can take which stat additions (such as +6 wisdom can fit into the helm, neck, or ___. +6 str can fit into gloves and so on. . .)

If an item has +6 in a stat, can you still apply Poison, Disease, and Fear immunity?

That's it.

Missing_Minds
11-16-2009, 01:18 PM
How about this...

When you are given advice that INCLUDES links, READ THE LINKS before asking questions.

Why? Many of us are SICK of repeating ourselves.

Missing_Minds
11-16-2009, 01:19 PM
I just want to know a few things.

Which slots can take which stat additions (such as +6 wisdom can fit into the helm, neck, or ___. +6 str can fit into gloves and so on. . .)

If an item has +6 in a stat, can you still apply Poison, Disease, and Fear immunity?

That's it.

This should give you the clue you need.

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=2562884&postcount=17

vVAnjilaVv
11-16-2009, 01:26 PM
Quite simply, u can only put +6 wisdom on items, and any item, shroud crafting is not resignated to a particular item slot.......for instance u can put the fear immuntiy on any kind of item, except for rings...as u cannot craft greensteel rings at all, ever.

+6 stats tho u can be put on weapons, once again u don't have to make specific kind of weapon for an effect.....u could put say +6 con on anything from a greataxe to a throwing dart.....for it to apply the bonus tho u will have to be holding it.

Really, read the links because u are going to end up with a huge essay if u actually want somone to type it all out for u.

Those links have all the info u need.

Sir_Chonas
11-16-2009, 01:41 PM
That was all I needed, thanks vanilla. I did read the links provided for me, however I have never crafted anything or used the eldritch device in Meridia aside from doing the quest and crafting with the items she gives you to get a locust husk.

@ missing minds. I asked simple questions of people with experience because it's easier for someone to say "you can get +6 wisdom in any slot but only wisdom on non weapons. And +6 of the other stats you want on weapons, plus the immunities on the items", than it is for me to disseminate an entire 5 posts in a thread about different crafting recipes to find what I think I'm looking for. Directing someone to technically advanced material rarely gets them the advice they seek. It's like a foreign language teacher who has been speaking the language since birth handing someone a dictionary in that language and say "this is how I learned, now you do it." Could I have eventually figured it out? Sure, but since the shroud is back up and I'm near the level range to flag and start collecting ingredients I figured people would be nice enough to answer two simple questions. I'm sorry I thought well of the community and didn't read every post in the forum in its entirety before submitting my question in the "questions and advice" section of the forum. I'll start spamming general chat in game from now on because I know how much people care for that (this last sentence was inserted with heavy sarcasm because everyone hates people asking for advice in a channel where it doesn't belong, and to add ironic undertones to address chastisment for asking for advice and solutions to questions in a forum directly dedicated to that purpose).

Lerincho
11-16-2009, 02:30 PM
1. And I would learn to use the English language/ proper sentence structure. Can is the beginning of a question, not a statement. Your sentences make no sense.
if you really want to play the English nazi I can show you many post of yours where you are less than A+ quality.

2. This is the advice/questions forum and that is what I was seeking. By go and do research, you mean go and look at the recipe tables, or search for greensteel in the forums to find the thousands of results which don't apply to what items go where?
I gave answers, not my fault you did not research on your own

3. Your sentence/implied question says "can shroud craft negative/positive item for +6 wise on any slot but ring" could be taken to mean other things can be put on rings aside from wisdom (and it was taken thus).
did you do any research on your own? did you look at the definitive static items thread? did you look at the ddo wiki? also, did you read where VvanjilavV stated you can not do greensteel ring?

You were helped. Good day citizen.

Lerincho
11-16-2009, 02:47 PM
I can only heal hit points.

sometimes you shouldn't even do that. sometimes it's cheaper to rez someone than to heal them. i have some tanks that run with my cleric, that i've told this to.
cleric "you will die at least once unless you stay with me. cheaper SP wise to resurrect you."
tank "why am i not being healed, i'm clearing the path ahead"

Sir_Chonas
11-16-2009, 04:10 PM
Lerincho I was not trying to point out your grammar deficiencies, per se, but highlighting why I misunderstood your post. The grammar was not the reason for my post directed towards you, it was your blatantly aggressive post that followed my question. I apologize if I came off as a "grammar nazi," I was just trying to defend my misunderstanding of your attempted helpful post. Thank you for trying to help in that first post. My response was just to remind you that the advice forum is supposed to be a helpful fostering community that doesn't try to make people feel unwelcome or stupid for asking questions (it seems to be spreading lately).

The fact of the matter is, I had already seen all three websites that vanila had posted, however the 2 planners posted don't help someone with no resources who has never run the shroud. The third link posted (to the ddoforums), was 5 posts by the original poster long and a highly intimidating wall of text. While I could have spent the time to disseminate what was posted there, I knew that there are hundreds of people in these advice forums who know what modifiers can be placed on what greensteel items of the top of their heads. I'm sorry if this seems lazy, but I'd rather have a straight up answer to two specific questions than go somewhere, confuse myself, go in game and answer other peoples questions about said confusing material in a confusing manner creating a snowball effect of confusion which would invariably flush itself out in the forums.

@Missing_Minds, please read rule #1 of the forum about name calling and purposefully posting to elicit reactions.

Missing_Minds
11-16-2009, 04:17 PM
@Missing_Minds, please read rule #1 of the forum about name calling and purposefully posting to elicit reactions.

http://forums.ddo.com/announcement.php?f=211&a=4

Allow me to complete that for you.