PDA

View Full Version : Dearth of gloves for Level 4-13 spellcasters?

asphodeli
11-16-2009, 07:21 AM
Hi,

I've noticed that on my main, I have been stuck with the Tattered Gloves from The Captives for a long time, and I've been searching for a nice item that will replace the gloves in that slot. However, it seems that there's a lack of good gloves for spellcasters in the level range of 4 to 13 - could anyone suggest a good one? :)

Visty
11-16-2009, 07:34 AM
bramble casters from the demon queen raid...dr/10 against those pesky archers is always useful

or well, some str gloves

asphodeli
11-16-2009, 07:39 AM
bramble casters from the demon queen raid...dr/10 against those pesky archers is always useful

or well, some str gloves

Well, I've gone through the static loot thread, and there isn't any good gloves for arcane/divine casters after Tattered Gloves, short of buying a terribly expensive one off the AH at levels 4 to 13. Hopefully Turbine comes up with something for the range, its really odd to see that a ML 4-6 weapon from the pawn can outstrip the effects of the Tattered Gloves (Fire Lore, Power III, etc.)

PS: Ah yes, more STR means wizzies can carry heavier stuff, yes? You're a dastardly smart one! :D

Visty
11-16-2009, 07:46 AM
ofc i am :)

but i understand your situtation
my lvl17 wizard uses some divine power 5/day gloves just for the sake cause back then, befor mod7 when i retired him, there were just no freaking useful gloves for arcanes

Arianrhod
11-16-2009, 08:03 AM
PS: Ah yes, more STR means wizzies can carry heavier stuff, yes? You're a dastardly smart one! :D

Well, if your wiz has 6 or 8 base STR, wearing some STR gloves can help you avoid being rendered Helpless by Ray of Enfeeblement and the like ;)

tihocan
11-16-2009, 08:41 AM
At higher levels you can craft gloves in the Shroud raid.
There are also the Gloves of the Glacier from the Vision of Destruction raid.

Edit: but good old Str gloves would be my choice in your level range, so you can use bracer slot for spell focus.

Missing_Minds
11-16-2009, 08:49 AM
The gloves out of Delera's I've always liked. +3 str to carry that junk you pick up and constant disease immunity.

At the end chest of Threnal South, there is # Molb's Fist - (Glove) Wizardry II, Efficient Metamagic - Enlarge 1, Ice Lore (End Chest)

But that is all I can think of for the range you described.

Harncw
11-16-2009, 08:54 AM
rabbit gloves, outta threnal if you dont keep the voice of the master in your trinket slot.

Arctigis
11-16-2009, 08:59 AM
The gloves out of Delera's I've always liked. +3 str to carry that junk you pick up and constant disease immunity.

+4 str, -1 dex I believe.