PDA

View Full Version : weapon sets

Shumanfoo
11-15-2009, 08:18 AM
In the inventory panel, there are weapon set slots that I'm not sure what they do. I put weapons in them, but is there a way to switch between the sets?

~Shu

Doomcrew
11-15-2009, 08:27 AM
once you've set up your sets, drag them to an open hot bar,
then click the hot bar to equip.

Cheers

Shumanfoo
11-15-2009, 08:32 AM
once you've set up your sets, drag them to an open hot bar,
then click the hot bar to equip.

Cheers

So do you need to put them in those slots before you can put them on your bar? I was hoping there would be a way to swap rather than taking up a hot bar spot. But I didn't see a way to bind a key to the weapon set slots.

Edit: I knew you could put weapons on the hot bar to switch, I just haven't done it yet so I'm not sure how it works.

Doomcrew
11-15-2009, 08:44 AM
You can also open up more hot bars on your screen by using the diagonal
arrow in the left side of each numbered bar. check out some of the threads
in the achievement section for screen shot examples of how some folk set
up. Everyone does things slightly differently, to maximize their efficiency.
Your weapon sets could occupy their own bar, while your clickables their own.

Cheers

Shumanfoo
11-15-2009, 08:50 AM
Yeah I know I can put more bars up, I just don't see a point to having weapon set slots if you need to put them on a bar anyway (unless you have to put them in a set slot before you can use them in a bar, but that's silly if it works that way). Thanks for your input.

ReaperAlexEU
11-15-2009, 09:23 AM
you can't put a sword and board onto your quickbar (well, u can, takes up 2 slots and u need to push 2 buttons to use em), you cant put a pair of blades on your quickbar, so those you need weapon sets. you can put a 2-handed weapon on your quickbar. weapon sets are for pairs of items, one in the main hand one in the off hand. if you need to swap bits about and want to swap a pair about thats when weapon sets become useful.

its not a must use thing, its just a helpful tool.

Malazarti
11-19-2009, 12:09 PM
you can't put a sword and board onto your quickbar (well, u can, takes up 2 slots and u need to push 2 buttons to use em), you cant put a pair of blades on your quickbar, so those you need weapon sets. you can put a 2-handed weapon on your quickbar. weapon sets are for pairs of items, one in the main hand one in the off hand. if you need to swap bits about and want to swap a pair about thats when weapon sets become useful.

its not a must use thing, its just a helpful tool.

This is not entirely accurate. You can make a weapon set for Sword & Board (sword & shield), drag that to your hot bars and click on it to swap in your Sword & Shield setup, and it's just 1 button, not 2 (like this above post implies).

When making a weapon set by dragging 1 or 2 things (either a combination of 2 weapons or 1 Weapon and 1 Shield, or a bow/x-bow, or even a single weapon) to the green boxes in your inventory screen - the _first_ item you assign will equip to your main hand, and if a second is assigned (either a second weapon or a shield) it will equip in the off-hand. The icon itself also becomes a sort of half-and-half mishmash of the two icons.

So why would you want to create a "weapon set" with only 1 weapon? This is useful if you are a dual-wielder but only have 1 muckbane you switch to for slimes. By making a weapon set for just your muckbane club it guarantees that you actually put away both of your other weapons before swapping in the muckbane club. Otherwise if you just drag the muckbane to your hotbar and click on it while dual-wielding you'll equip it in your main hand but keep your second weapon in your off-hand which will still swing at and get eaten by the slimes.

ReaperAlexEU
11-19-2009, 12:25 PM
This is not entirely accurate. You can make a weapon set for Sword & Board (sword & shield), drag that to your hot bars and click on it to swap in your Sword & Shield setup, and it's just 1 button, not 2 (like this above post implies).

When making a weapon set by dragging 1 or 2 things (either a combination of 2 weapons or 1 Weapon and 1 Shield, or a bow/x-bow, or even a single weapon) to the green boxes in your inventory screen - the _first_ item you assign will equip to your main hand, and if a second is assigned (either a second weapon or a shield) it will equip in the off-hand. The icon itself also becomes a sort of half-and-half mishmash of the two icons.

So why would you want to create a "weapon set" with only 1 weapon? This is useful if you are a dual-wielder but only have 1 muckbane you switch to for slimes. By making a weapon set for just your muckbane club it guarantees that you actually put away both of your other weapons before swapping in the muckbane club. Otherwise if you just drag the muckbane to your hotbar and click on it while dual-wielding you'll equip it in your main hand but keep your second weapon in your off-hand which will still swing at and get eaten by the slimes.

i think you missed the point in my post, if you dont use weapon sets then you cant have a sword and board on one slot on your quick bar, you need 2 slots. it was to answer this part from the OP:

"I just don't see a point to having weapon set slots if you need to put them on a bar anyway"

the point is you can have a pair of weapons or a sword and board on your quick bar, and yes you will have a lot of weapons to manage mid quest so will have to devote some quick bar space to them.

i wasnt advising people to use 2 quickbar slots for a sword and board, quite the opposite :)

the muckbane example on why to only use 1 weapon in a weaponset is good though, well, until you get another muchbane or a shield to pair with it. i also use a blank weapon set to switch to fists only, less relevant now we have handwraps but used to do that before looting mucks on new toons.