PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILER WARNING] Tear of Dhakaan - something I missed?

asphodeli
11-15-2009, 08:05 AM
Apparently there's this hobgoblin that accepts the shards besides the quest giver. However, I've cleared the dungeon with my main character (who's now at lvl 13), and I recently noticed that I can turn in the shards when I was bored and decided to PUG a group that didn't mind the XP hit. So, does anyone know what does turning in the shards do?

Kreaper
11-15-2009, 08:11 AM
He gives you gold for each shard.

Shade
11-15-2009, 08:11 AM
Gives gold. I think 100 each?

asphodeli
11-15-2009, 08:15 AM
He gives you gold for each shard.

Wow, thats all? Strangely I saw a shard for 80k on the AH on my server. :D

Zenako
11-15-2009, 08:33 AM
Wow, thats all? Strangely I saw a shard for 80k on the AH on my server. :D

The graphic icon is about the same one used for certain Shards found in the Mindsunder series of quests in the Inspired Quarter for high level characters. It is likely someone is hoping to scam someone by buying a 100 gold Tears Shard for thousands of gold and hoping to use it down there. Just like all those items from the Bank Safe Deposit boxes that some are selling but that are all but worthless.

The player who listed the items either a) has no clue, or b) has a clue and hopes other players with more money than brains do not.

ReaperAlexEU
11-15-2009, 09:38 AM
more important is the exp you get for picking them up, the gold worth is negligible, which is why it doesnt matter who in the party picked the shard up.